Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhammad Fauzi

Another talent that we will surely miss out. Wish the Saudis were here to help us fund but this type of player. Oh well...

NJM78

According to Duncan Castles, we told Felix's representatives that we won't be making an offer. City sound like they are front runners.
Ah shit, hope that is not true. Were we put off by his very good technical ability and eye for goal.

Sanche7

Imagine if City land Rodri and Felix!
The gap between us and the top teams is widening and I hope we get our act together soon

Devil may care

Joao Felix and his entourage have met with Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Juventus. He'll leave Benfica this summer, but for less than his €120m clause.
I hate to say it but from a footballing perspective I think Liverpool make the most sense, he'll slot in behind their front 3 perfectly.

jesperjaap

Meunier is hugely overrated on this forum for some reason. Hope we avoid him.
I agree, he is a good full back, is it that he supposedly supports us or something? Also many sayign about how experienced he is....small teams in Belgium, short period at Bruge and then three years at PSG where he has not made many more appearances than Bissaka has for Palace?

We have some great young English right backs at th emomoent Aarons, see Reece James mentioned, Aronold and for me Bissaka is probably the best of the lot, why would people want Meunier over him...because he can cross....what folly

AJ10

When you have massive holes to fill at RB/RW/CB/CM then spending 100 mil on a AM isn't the smartest move but then again our board will most likely focus on bringing Bale here, while neglecting what we actually need.

jesperjaap

Depend on the kind of team we want to build, for me a top team needs their fullbacks to contribute positively to their attack from little I have seen of Wan Bissaka he is fairly limited in attack and his passing also looks quite laboured ,anyway we already have one defensive fullback in Shaw and he is improving offensively as well so no to Wan Bissaka for me.
In that analogy then you wouldnt have wanted Gary Neville or Stuart Pearce or to a lesser degree Paulo Maldini.
People obsessed with attacking full backs like its modern football when there have been the likes of Thuram, Cafu and Roberto Carlos.
Think people seem to be jumping on a so called band wagon that Bissaka cant attack, he can, he obviously has a lot of room for improvement.....and then I see some of the same people saying why would we want to let Lukaku go when he IS an attacking player that cant even control a ball coming into him????
Bissaka is 21, English and already a fantastic full back defensively, already, but because he isnt the finished article yet going forward, people dont want him when he is already a better full back than any we have had for a decade?

mav_9me

Hard to see where Felix would fit in most teams nowadays playing 4-3-3. No real place for a support striker is there?

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Felix is the replacement for Jesus. Baldy finally has his false striker that can actually be a top player instead of Jesus. He'll bench Aguero for him, he'll be underwhelming and then Aguero will save his arse again.

Pav1878

Why not play 4-3-1-2 ?

If a team has blistering full backs who can get up and down the pitch all day long then why not?

Question is who we have or can bring in to be those full backs.

You don't find a Cafu every day

Kaglish10

Felix is the replacement for Jesus. Baldy finally has his false striker that can actually be a top player instead of Jesus. He'll bench Aguero for him, he'll be underwhelming and then Aguero will save his arse again.
Looks terrible when you described that way. Why are we not gunning for Felix though?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Looks terrible when you described that way. Why are we not gunning for Felix though?
Because we’re probably gunning for Sancho, and can’t sign every good player.

And that’s even if we are not interested anyway.

MetoTTT

I think that's permissable given he had Mbappe, Neymar and Di Maria ahead of him, he's also had a full season under his belt and was benched largely in some of spurs fixtures when the likes of Ali / Eriksen / Kane and Son have been fit.

There's no reason why Meunier shouldn't be starting on a regular basis for PSG.
There's a reason. Alves was bought to please Neymar ( it seems Neymar wanted him) and still playing for the same reason.

MrSingh2002

If we let Pogba go to Real without getting atleast one actual top drawer player then Woodward needs sacking on the spot.

I'm talking Courtois, Carvajal, Varane, Casemiro, Kroos,or Asensio. Either of those plus money makes us a better team.

Preferably Kroos, Varane, Casemiro or Asensio in the deal.

If we let Pogba go to Real without getting atleast one actual top drawer player then Woodward needs sacking on the spot.

I'm talking Courtois, Carvajal, Varane, Casemiro, Kroos,or Asensio. Either of those plus money makes us a better team.

Preferably Kroos, Varane, Casemiro or Asensio in the deal.
I actually wouldn't be harsh on Woodward if he's just looking to get a fee from Madrid.
There's quite a high chance that the players we could potentially get in a deal could turn out to be extremely underwhelming and ones that will lack the right mentality because they've been ditched by ,arguably,the best club in the world.
We certainly dont need another Di Maria case where the player is unmotivated and is longing for somewhere else.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ziyech would be a better fit instead of Bruno Fernandes from SCP. Ziyech is more of a artistic type of player that would provide craft and guile. For £25m, he's a bargain.

Womp

idiot
Where would Felix fit in at City?

(Eventual) David Silva replacement?
Another top player that they can call on when needed. City don't give a shit about where players fit in, see Mahrez, Sane, Jesus etc. All they care about is signing top players to improve the quality of their team. B.Silva is supposed to be the Silva replacement.

Cheekiey

Bruno & Ziyech are my 2 muppet summer signings. I saw on twitter somewhere that we actually got linked to Ziyech today

Status
Not open for further replies.