Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Ziyech 25m
Bruno 35m
Alderweireld 25m
Rabiot Free
Telles 35m

(Some will be in Euro, while others in £)

I'd love to know what other release clauses are out there...
The above costing somewhere in the region of 120m, and we're talking about getting the same for Pogba...

Edit:
Brandt 25m

TrebleFan99

Ziyech 25m
Bruno 35m
Alderweireld 25m
Rabiot Free
Telles 35m

The above costing somewhere in the region of 120m, and we're talking about getting the same for Pogba...

Edit:
Brandt 25m

Really hope we’re after Ziyech for RW. I don’t see Sancho happening and he wouldn’t be worth 4 times the fee for Ziyech anyways.

I want half that Ajax team though tbf, it’s amazing seeing the effort they put in. Almost seems like they care.

Ahsan_6386

Wow that's a steal . So essentially Bruno Fernandes and Ziyech are available for a combined amount of nearly 56 million pounds this summer thanks to their now discovered release clause . I feel we should go for both of them this summer as replacements for Mata and Pogba . Those 2 will guarantee goals from midfield which we lack so much .

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wow that's a steal . So essentially Bruno Fernandes and Ziyech are available for a combined amount of nearly 56 million pounds this summer thanks to their now discovered release clause . I feel we should go for both of them this summer as replacements for Mata and Pogba . Those 2 will guarantee goals from midfield which we lack so much .
I'd be very surprised if Bruno Fernandes is gonna be that cheap. But I agree with everyone else, we should look for signings like these.

dutchred

Ziyech is a very frustrating player. On his day he can be brilliant but he can alo be awful. He has more awful days than good ones. Tadic has been the most influential attacker for Ajax this season

Ahsan_6386

I'd be very surprised if Bruno Fernandes is gonna be that cheap. But I agree with everyone else, we should look for signings like these.
The best part is that with Pogba and Herrera leaving we can easily offer the best wages and better 1st team chances . If only we had a competent director of football who would identify and convince the upcoming players to join us instead of the guy offering adult Disneyland . If we can get both of them and Sancho then our attack would be amazing next season .

Scholsey2004

Supposedly after the team got beat up by angry fans players legally terminated their contracts and the club was forced to renegotiate emergency terms with greatly reduced release clauses so that they could be guaranteed moves in the summer. Fernandes' is supposed to be €35m. The Portuguese press are convinced this is the case. Like you I'm a little skeptical.

Scholsey2004

Ziyech is a very frustrating player. On his day he can be brilliant but he can alo be awful. He has more awful days than good ones. Tadic has been the most influential attacker for Ajax this season
Which is a little concerning. He wasn't that great in England. It's a minefield buying from the eriedivisie.

jesperjaap

Think this is a great point. Ajax have been fantastic in the champions league as a TEAM....but individually, how many players really really stand out as great buys, I am not so sure?
Tadic for example we saw in the premiership week in week out and I thought he was really under rated at SOuthampton, very talented....but was the consistency there. I wonder if he hadnt have played in the premiership we would all be saying sign him up from this seasons champions league?
Interesting due to there success and great team performances Ziyech is suddenly flavour of the month, yet everybody is sayign Lozano isnt good enough, who looks the better player to me and its Neres if anybody at Ajax we should be looking at too I think attacking wise

Scholsey2004

We definitely should go for both. At those prices we'd be crazy not to. I doubt we'll be the only clubs after them though.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Appears that Odegaard will be his replacement in Ajax. Odegaard is anything but frustrating. Dedicated and professional. Great attitude. A team player with a football brain. Managed to catch parts of the games against Ajax yesterday. I thought he did very well, but obviously did not create that much. He was probably Vitesses best player by some margin anyway. Odegaard will probably be perfect for Ajax and in about one year time everyone will be screaming for us to get him (which we of course will not be able to).

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The best part is that with Pogba and Herrera leaving we can easily offer the best wages and better 1st team chances . If only we had a competent director of football who would identify and convince the upcoming players to join us instead of the guy offering adult Disneyland . If we can get both of them and Sancho then our attack would be amazing next season .
How about a manager who can identify/convince them, as we have always had? Or is this just unfashionable now?

Ahsan_6386

How about a manager who can identify/convince them, as we have always had? Or is this just unfashionable now?
That is when we had Sir Alex Ferguson . Right now we have an inexperienced manager who unfortunately is on a record loss spree with players like Pogba and Lukaku . Honestly we both want Ole to be the guy who can lift us up but he can't do it alone and he needs more support . Woodward has already supported previous 2 managers with record transfer buys without success . Be it Liverpool or Man City both those teams have taken the long road in a way of putting up a proper plan with good overall management team which we require also and something Woodward also accepted when he fired Mourinho hence the summer plan of permanent manager and director of football .

Feed Me

I'm hungry
This isn’t the sort of business we do. We will get Bale for £60m which will be positioned as some sort of Woodward masterstroke.

SV_Planegg

Supports
SV Planegg-Krailling
Ziyech 25m
Bruno 35m
Alderweireld 25m
Rabiot Free
Telles 35m

Edit:
Brandt 25m
That would be a brilliant piece of business. Brandt beside Rabiot in midfield might actually work just fine with a grafter type behind them.
Makes too much sense though. Not happening.

Dolf

Ziyech 25m
Bruno 35m
Alderweireld 25m
Rabiot Free
Telles 35m

Edit:
Brandt 25m
Bruno, Alderweireld and Rabiot for 60 mill would be brilliant. On top of that we need to spend big on a right winger. Maybe switch Meunier for Telles and we’d be set

onemanarmy

Ziyech is so overrated here. Good player, in Holland. His inconsistency would kill some guys on here. He'd be perfect for a German mid-table team.

Drz

Best defensive fullback in the league is AWB, I've got no idea why fans love these players coming from leagues that are no good.

Meunier has never been established at PSG with playing second fiddle to pensioner Dani Alves and even displaced by a youth prospect in Kehrer who is a centre half covering a fullback position. Those are pretty glaring signs, he's massively overrated AWB doesn't get the respect he deserves on this forum.
Except Alves and Kehrer are poor in comparison to Meunier. The PSG fans are actually quite surprised as to why Meunier has been left on the sidelines.
In Paris, they feel it is Tuchel's preference, but not one PSG fan I know thinks Alves or Kehrer are better for the position than Meunier.

Kaglish10

You seen much of him? We've got people saying we should sign him instead of Sancho on here.
A winger, he's not. He's a midfielder whether he's deployed in the midfield or on the wing as an inverted midfielder and he tends to always force play with his direct passing on the pitch. Sometimes, he gets it right but sometimes not and that could be annoying but I think he's been better with Tadic on the team because having Tadic has relieved him of so much burden and constant pressure from the opposition.

Kaglish10

Except Alves and Kehrer are poor in comparison to Meunier. The PSG fans are actually quite surprised as to why Meunier has been left on the sidelines.
In Paris, they feel it is Tuchel's preference, but not one PSG fan I know thinks Alves or Kehrer are better for the position than Meunier.
Alves is a big name and sell shirts more. The power that be probably told Tuchel not to mess with Alves. I think he was the reason PSG got Neymar.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Ziyech is so overrated here. Good player, in Holland. His inconsistency would kill some guys on here. He'd be perfect for a German mid-table team.
Didn't realise he was 26 either, not that he's old. Just thought he was early 20's.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
That is when we had Sir Alex Ferguson . Right now we have an inexperienced manager who unfortunately is on a record loss spree with players like Pogba and Lukaku . Honestly we both want Ole to be the guy who can lift us up but he can't do it alone and he needs more support . Woodward has already supported previous 2 managers with record transfer buys without success . Be it Liverpool or Man City both those teams have taken the long road in a way of putting up a proper plan with good overall management team which we require also and something Woodward also accepted when he fired Mourinho hence the summer plan of permanent manager and director of football .
I agree, but Ole is the one who is going to manage his squad. If he and his team know the players they want, who is some Director to tell them to get different players? Ultimately, we should give the manager what he wants if possible, and he will be judged by what he does with it.

MrSingh2002

Ziyech will be a great player for someone but I'm not sure if it would be Man Utd.

I have him down as a player like Mahrez. Killed it at Leicester but underwhelms at City. Bit of a gamble but at 25m its probably worth it to replace Mata with.

Ahsan_6386

I agree, but Ole is the one who is going to manage his squad. If he and his team know the players they want, who is some Director to tell them to get different players? Ultimately, we should give the manager what he wants if possible, and he will be judged by what he does with it.
Except last season haven't we been doing that from before. Giving the manager the players they want has put us in this situation so we cant keep taking that risk season after season. The reality is that Ole is not a big name manager who will be able to convince players on his own if there is no structure in place . In order to put a structure in place we need a proper director of football who has experience in this field for a long term vision . This is something even Woodward had to agree on in the end but unfortunately he has not enforced it .

Status
Not open for further replies.