Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
But do we need another defensive FB? People are always moaning about Shaw because he's not good going forward. But people want AWB, I don't understand..
We've conceded 48 goals in the league this season with 4 left to play, we should be the last team turning our noses up at skilled defenders.

passing-wind

The thinking behind it is probably bring in someone experienced for the right price, and that in a couple of years Dalot will be among the very best right backs around
Dalot has shown absolutely nothing to be considered one of the best fullbacks. He could become a very useful wide player id agree, but any concensus that he will be a competent right back is laughable. He's not had one good performance thus far in that position, he's best play is in a further winger role.

Beaucoup

It's the easiest position to fix, any of the three mentioned would be a huge upgrade as to what we have now, which is nothing.

SAFMUTD

Seriously I can't understand why some people don't want to sing AWB because in a couple of years Dalot may become a good RB and AWB would "block him".

First of all, we have no warranty that Dalot will come good, he may end up being a bust as well. For all I've seen of him he is better attacking than defending and may well end up playing RW instead of RB. Secondly we are suposed to be a world class team we should not wait for no one to see whether or not he becomes good enough in order to sign new players, we should have a great team always, and lastly we are not in a position where we can wait for young players to develop, they are either good enough or not. If he's good enough he'll find the way around and play the great players always get minutes, even when they're young.

Personally feel Dalot will make a good,solid wide player for us.He's played far more offensively and shown a better ability further up the pitch.
I think he's also played LW for us and done reasonably ok.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
First choice would be AWB, the best young English defender around. If we can’t get him then TM, him and Sancho overlapping would be fun to watch

Thiagoal

Dalot has shown absolutely nothing to be considered one of the best fullbacks. He could become a very useful wide player id agree, but any concensus that he will be a competent right back is laughable. He's not had one good performance thus far in that position, he's best play is in a further winger role.
To be fair he was pretty amazing at full back against Fulham (at home) Poor opposition granted

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Herrera will be a player Ole wants to keep I'm sure. We have been awful without him lately and he does put his heart and guts into the team .

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Perrera from Leicester is a better option than Meunier and AWB. They will flee us and probably cost 60m but it would be worth it.

People are underestimating the effect of having an attacking FB. See how Liverpool's play transformed with Robertson signing.
Pereira is a literal accident waiting to happen

Champagne Football

Gary Neville was a laughing stock when he first appeared at right back. Too early to tell

NJM78

So how does signing a defensive fullback help?
I'm just ecstatic at the thought of Young not playing again and as Dalot seems not quite ready yet I would take a defender who can defend and then hopefully we get a good right attacker as we currently have none. He can then help out with goals and assists.

Infestissumam

Joao Felix and his entourage have met with Man City, Man United, Liverpool and Juventus. He'll leave Benfica this summer, but for less than his €120m clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.