Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil81

Well be about £3m a year but wouldnt the club have to pay part of his contract if they are selling him anyway, we always seem to be doing it with our players like Blind recently from what I read. If he sits on the bench for three years he will probably struggle to get any kind of decent contract afterwards anyway so in the long run could be worse off staying.

Also lets not forget he has probably doubled or trebled his wage signing for them in the first place so not like going back to the old wage is bread and water again.

I am probably being naive of course, I agree with you and greed is a bad thing. If I was a top footballer though I would want to be playing regularly at the highest level I could, especially at the age he is at not warming a bench for 20% of my career for big money. Lets face it, his career started quite late as he didnt ever break through with us....sayign that it has peaked already hasnt it, will never have another year like his Lecister one if he played ever week for another 100 years
Yes, we all live in the world of our dreams and fantasies but the reality is these lads are living the dream. They've made it as pro footballers and they are now looking at the benefits of playing at the top level, the main benefit is complete financial stability for the rest of their living days if they get the right contracts. Drinkwater is a half decent player who hit the jackpot winning the league with Leicester, he will never ever top that moment and the fact he's got himself such a decent move and contract is amazing really.

To walk away from a contract so financially rich for a lesser contract would actually be lunacy, regardless of how much you love the game, your family and your lifestyle should always take first priority.

Kaivalya

I personally don't understand the links to Alderweireld. He's a great solid CB, yes but he's not exactly as good as Maguire, Koulibaly let alone Bonucci on the ball. He's a great solid CB but he's more in the vein of Bailly and Manolas. Don't see him improving our build up play.

Harry Maguire - EPL - 2017-18 Leicester City
38 games - 3227 minutes

Total Forward Passes - 36.20
Key passes - 0.36 (!!!!)
Chances created - 0.47 (!!!!)
Dribbles completed - 1.31 (!!!!)
Tackles won - 1.23
Aerial Duels won - 3.21
Interceptions - 1.31
Blocks - 0.73
Clearances - 4.7
Defensive errors - 0.03

Toby Alderweireld - EPL - 2015-16 Tottenham Hotspurs
38 games - 3420 minutes
Total Forward Passes - 38.7
Key passes - 0.21
Chances created - 0.26
Dribbles completed - 0.18 (!!!)
Tackles won - 0.84
Aerial Duels won - 1.55
Interceptions - 1.74
Blocks - 0.87
Clearances - 7.74 (!!!)
Defensive errors - 0.03

Clearly more of the partner a ball playing centre back normally has who is a more no nonsense, clear first ask questions later defender Alderweireld just isn't creative enough to make a substantial difference. Vertonghen between the two can be regarded as more of the ball player.

If we are spending big money I'd rather spend it on someone who'd improve us in every phase of play.

JacobCastle4

A back 3 of Yerry Mina Maguire and Bailly could be scary as hell. As for Pavard I don't know whether he's much better than Lindelof. Rojo and Smalling would need to go.

I struggle to see how we fail to offload our deadwood defenders. There's practically swathes of people on Grand Old Team praying and crying their eyes out for any new defenders. I'm sure they'd appreciate the gift that is Chris Smalling. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yes, we all live in the world of our dreams and fantasies but the reality is these lads are living the dream. They've made it as pro footballers and they are now looking at the benefits of playing at the top level, the main benefit is complete financial stability for the rest of their living days if they get the right contracts. Drinkwater is a half decent player who hit the jackpot winning the league with Leicester, he will never ever top that moment and the fact he's got himself such a decent move and contract is amazing really.

To walk away from a contract so financially rich for a lesser contract would actually be lunacy, regardless of how much you love the game, your family and your lifestyle should always take first priority.
Yep. If there's any prospect of him moving any time soon, Chelsea will need to find some money to cover any wages differential.
It's pretty certain United have to do this a lot, yet people don't understand why we can't shift the "dead wood". It's because they're on colossal wages!

jesperjaap

It's Koulibaly. And he is a great ball playing CB.
Yes good point he is. I think I am interested in us signing Mina as he is about the only centre back we have been linked with I can spell correctly without google :)

jesperjaap

I totally agree with you, but how is earning £30m over 10 years for example going to be a different lifestyle to earning £20m?

Devil81

I totally agree with you, but how is earning £30m over 10 years for example going to be a different lifestyle to earning £20m?
If his career ends at 33 then he will have zero income from that point onwards for the rest of his life. He may go into coaching or punditry but the huge wages are officially gone. I'd say I'd rather have 30 million in my account than 20 million..

Who wouldn't?

BlueHaze

Worst summer in regards to signings since we bought Fellaini in the final minutes of deadline day. Still no LB or RW all this talk about a CB but no one signed with window almost being over, we have literally no back up to Lukaku so if he ends up being long term injured we are most likely completely fecked. Martial has turned his back on the team and Mourinho so now we need Rashford to step up if Alexis gets injured, Darmian openly saying he wants out and we still havn't sold him.All this talk about Pogba being offered to various clubs. Mourinho whining about everything since preseason started. Theres just a big negative cloud over the club atm and many will think I'm overreacting but I feel a potential meltdown is about to happen this season and I really hope I am wrong.

GM K

I had the impression he could play both RW & LW. He’s quite versatile as compared to William and he has much more goals in him. William is PL proven though.
Both Perisic and Willian can play left and right wings but both prefer left. While Perisic is two footed, Willian is right footed and prefers to cut in to his right from the left.

GM K

But would you fly 10 hours for a meaningless game over your newborn child?
I do hope Martial to come back for preseason too. Should he? Yes, must he? No. It's unreasonable thing to ask for.

This is Mourinho who moaned about missing his daughter's graduation.
Martial should have returned immediately. The team is in desperate straits. Rashford and Young on the other hand have commited to cutting short their holidays to help the team. That's a significant difference in attitude. The kind of attitude Jose wants. Shaw and Pereira seem to be catching on with that attitude too judging by their recent comments. I have no problem at all with Martial wanting to leave. That's very normal in football. The kid probably doesn't see his future at United. What I find baffling is his attitude while at it. Why does he keep doing and saying (through his agent) things that will indicate to prospective buyers that they can negotiate hard with us and buy him much cheaper than they could ordinarily? It's one thing to try to buy a player a club wants to keep and who doesn't show any obvious signs of 'dissent', it's another to negotiate for a player showing the world he desperately wants out.

GM K

This club thrives on stability. We would be better off if things keep improving under mourinho, but half of our fans want to help stir the negativity pot and constantly seem on the verge of a witch hunt.
I work with a city fan and a derby county fan (random enough) butted into our conversation saying he hates United.
So many people hate United, and would be delighted to see a meltdown here and love the anti United press hype, so let's leave the shite stirring to them and get behind the team and manager to help the club.
Here's hoping we get the two needed signings and start the season well after a dodgy pre season
This, my friend, is the spirit.
It's my post of the day. :)

TheReligion

Abusive
This club thrives on stability. We would be better off if things keep improving under mourinho, but half of our fans want to help stir the negativity pot and constantly seem on the verge of a witch hunt.
I work with a city fan and a derby county fan (random enough) butted into our conversation saying he hates United.
So many people hate United, and would be delighted to see a meltdown here and love the anti United press hype, so let's leave the shite stirring to them and get behind the team and manager to help the club.
Here's hoping we get the two needed signings and start the season well after a dodgy pre season.
Good post my friend

Acquire Me

Here's hoping we get the two needed signings and start the season well after a dodgy pre season.
Good post. We need to get behind the team and manager.

I think this season will be great :devil:

Infestissumam

reports in Belgium suggest that Axel Witsel will undergo a medical tomorrow ahead of a move to Borussia Dortmund.

soad

This all panic looks ridiculous and the season haven't even started yet. It's true that things doesn't look great at the moment, but the team is actually training for just 2 weeks. We are short of players at the moment and maybe the start of the season will not be easy, that's why we all have to be behind United. Also, I'm pretty sure we are going to sign 2 players for rest 10 days of the period.

ti vu

reports in Belgium suggest that Axel Witsel will undergo a medical tomorrow ahead of a move to Borussia Dortmund.
This guy seems to move clubs for the sake of it. Seems to move clubs every other year

Riz

Yep I agree. I understand everyone’s frustration because we’ve had a very poor window when our problem areas were quite obvious. But instead of all doom and gloom we might as well get behind the players we have and the boss since it’s a clean slate for everyone. In my view our season will currently rest on how well 3 players perform: Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku. If those 3 are all on form then we’ll be fine.

Infestissumam

This guy seems to move clubs for the sake of it. Seems to move clubs every other year
not that many moves actually.

2011 from Standard Lüttich to Benfica
2012 from Benfica to Zenit
2017 from Zenit to Quanjian

glad he finally moves to a bigger league. He's too young and good to waste years in China.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Martial … I have no problem at all with Martial wanting to leave. … What I find baffling is his attitude while at it. Why does he keep doing and saying (through his agent) things that will indicate to prospective buyers that they can negotiate hard with us and buy him much cheaper than they could ordinarily? It's one thing to try to buy a player a club wants to keep and who doesn't show any obvious signs of 'dissent', it's another to negotiate for a player showing the world he desperately wants out.
Say what? It obviously makes it more likely that United will sell - and sell at a more reasonable price that will attract more potential buyers - if Martial makes it clear he wants out.

If he wants out, it's in his interest to make this clear to all and sundry.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Say what? It obviously makes it more likely that United will sell - and sell at a more reasonable price that will attract more potential buyers - if Martial makes it clear he wants out.

If spurs offered us 55-60 million, I'd take it. I think he's a very inconsistent player. Maybe he'd do better under your manager... Maybe not though.

GM K

The point is that a player is more expensive when it appears like the selling club is not under pressure to sell. Part of that impression is formed by the player's words and actions.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Because in about 5 or 6 years, he'll most likely find his earning income for life drops by a huge percentage.
So while we're still talking huge sums of money, there's tonnes of examples of players who have frittered their money away, so the extra money is security.

Would you leave your current job for a fair amount less money? Unlikely.
Would you leave it, if you only had say, a decade where you could earn your current salary? No chance.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
The point is that a player is more expensive when it appears like the selling club is not under pressure to sell. Part of that impression is formed by the player's words and actions.
Exactly. But Martial doesn't want his selling price to be more expensive, because that make it more difficult for him to get an exit - why anyone finds this baffling is beyond me.

TheReligion

Abusive
Exactly. But Martial doesn't want his selling price to be more expensive, because that make it more difficult for him to get an exit - why anyone finds this baffling is beyond me.
United are under no pressure to sell though so not sure how it matters?

If Martial goes it will because we don't mind him going and likely have another player to come in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
United are under no pressure to sell though so not sure how it matters?

If Martial goes it will because we don't mind him going and likely have another player to come in.
No pressure this window exactly, but it's unlikely he'll renew unless something major changes. Meaning we'd have a two year countdown.

TrebleFan99

Fair point this post. I disagree with the last post as it sound like working on tactic is always possible and main aim.
The team spends about a month together on pre season, training every day. You don’t think they’re working on tactics? Christ

jesperjaap

Because in about 5 or 6 years, he'll most likely find his earning income for life drops by a huge percentage.
So while we're still talking huge sums of money, there's tonnes of examples of players who have frittered their money away, so the extra money is security.

Would you leave your current job for a fair amount less money? Unlikely.
Would you leave it, if you only had say, a decade where you could earn your current salary? No chance.
It is like somebody retiring with a pension of 200k or 300k, unless you are to fritter it away where the total would be irrelevant, it isnt going to change your quality of life

Status
Not open for further replies.