Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyLaw

"PSG will have to raise some funds, not only for FFP, but also to cover the shortfall created by exiting the Champions League early once again....
Giovani Lo Celso and Jese Rodriguez are on loan with Real Betis and could be signed permanently, while Grzegorz Krychowiak should make his Lokomotiv Moscow loan switch permanent. Thomas Meunier, Layvin Kurzawa and Christopher Nkunku could also be sold in order to raise more money."
I’d be interested in both Meunier and Kurzawa. They both compliment our current options well age-wise and although Kurzawa’s fallen behind these last couple of years he’s the polar opposite to Shaw which could be handy in situations and games where we need to break defensive sides down.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Said many times that I always suspected Varane would be the number one target this summer. Just feel Real would be open to doing business now, and if he were available, I know the United lot think very highly of him. And we’ve already gone on record in saying we’d be open to pay what it takes to get him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why would Real be open to selling him? Zidane is back in charge and he's won plenty there. Doesn't add up.

izec

Why would Real be open to selling him? Zidane is back in charge and he's won plenty there. Doesn't add up.
Ramos isnt getting younger either. They bought Militao, so i think the plan for the mid term future is to pair him with Varane. Unless they buy De Ligt, i dont see the point in selling him. They need to strengthen.

Infra-red

Might be time to cash in on de Gea if the swap with Varane is on. Oblak will have to be the replacement.
Given their respective contract situations, Varane is worth significantly more than De Gea at this moment. We'd have to give them Dave plus some cash.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
As mentioned above, Woodward briefed our interest in Varane, and the £100 million or thereabouts available to purchase him, after the transfer window last summer. So pressure on Woodward if Varane is available but I would imagine he isn't.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
(According to L'Equipe)
He is always among my candidates to be sold every summer, but this time I would have been happy with Ramos/Militao/Varane.
Like other players on the team, I would understand if he wants to leave.
He is 25 and has won everything.
Maybe he wants a contract update(2022) for winning the World Cup.
I also read that it can be a matter of lack of affection. lack of statements/propaganda in the ballon d´or race, or a tribute at the Bernabéu for winning the World Cup (which did happen in other teams).
85/100 m€ seems a fair price

sam147

Yeah, I'd take anything over 50. We've got Romero and Henderson to compete for his spot. There's a lot of clubs sniffing around Henderson, some of them big ones like bayern. He deserves his chance and David's wanted a move to Madrid for some time now for personal reasons.
Not only would we get rid of the best keeper in the world but we would replace him with a 22 year old who plays in the championship. Does a few news articles linking you to Bayern make you good enough to be Man Utds first team keeper? What has he done to deserve a chance? You also mention taking anything over 50m yet you wont be reinvesting it back into the position, you're either Edward Woodward himself or you're his dream fan.

Jericholyte2

We’re also forgetting with the likes of Valencia and co. leaving on frees this summer a lot of wage funds will be released.

Valencia: gotta be 100k/w
Darmian: similar surely
Mata (if he goes): prob close to 200k

Now yes this will need reinvesting but part of that must surely be in securing DDG. I am 99% sure (with no facts to base this on) that he’s waiting to see who gets the permanent job.

City and Liverpool have proven you cannot go cheap on keepers any more and we can’t afford to let him go.

passing-wind

Don't think this is accurate he's very committed to the club. However he's also miles above Herrera, we should be in for players of this calibre

Vindal

Saul signed a 9 year contract in 2017, which expires in june 2026, and now hes rumoured to City? what

deadrevelz

Unfortunately Barca can make offers like that and get the player, we'd be laughed at.
Not much we can do about that when it comes to Barca and Real. If we get back to the top we can at least do transfers like this when competing with the other clubs though.

izec

Saul signed a 9 year contract in 2017, which expires in june 2026, and now hes rumoured to City? what
Depends on the ambitions. He may see it will only go downhill from here with Atletico, and Simeone might leave too soon. They wont win the CL or league anytime soon. Wouldnt you go to City if the opportunity comes?

Higher wages, titles guaranteed, offensive football and taking over from Fernandinho in midfield for a starting spot

sam147

Madrid already signed a player, Barca have done the same and are eyeing up Jovic and De Ligt. Liverpool after Dybala. Man City want Saul. Whereas Woodward is standing around with his d**k in his hands. Would fans of any other club accept being outspent by Fulham in the summer? Especially if you make as much money as United. Come summer we will make 3 signings max and fans wont complain. In fact people want us to make a few signings only because they want 'youth to be promoted'. What a farce.

BlueHaze

Madrid already signed a player, Barca have done the same and are eyeing up Jovic and De Ligt. Liverpool after Dybala. Man City want Saul. Whereas Woodward is standing around with his d**k in his hands. Would fans of any other club accept being outspent by Fulham in the summer? Especially if you make as much money as United. Come summer we will make 3 signings max and fans wont complain. In fact people want us to make a few signings only because they want 'youth to be promoted'. What a farce.
If by July we are in the same situation I will agree with you 100% but for now I would advise you to relax, it's only mid march for fecks sake. Although I do agree Woodward and the Glazers are clowns.

Judas

Open to offers
These people don't actually believe what they're saying. The majority of the "WE DONT NEED A RW WE HAVE CHONG!!" crowd will be the first to moan when we don't sign anyone.

sherrinford

Put your dummy back in.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'd be happy with 3, as long as it's sufficient quality. Sancho, De Ligt/Koulibaly + a RB/LB cover should be the aim this summer. If we have a sniff of getting Ndombele then he should be a priority also.

BurtSpangle

Guys, don't worry about City signing Saul, or Barca signing De Jong, we have Lingard and Rashford! Seriously hope our board bucks their ideas up and we start competing again.

red_de_pologne

In the same way we are "favourites to sign Griezmann", "still have a chance of signing Adrien Rabiot", "linked with Kostas Manolas" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.