Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
You're seemingly believing articles that use the original quotes from Italian media as a source.
The article I linked has quotes coming from his interview with Sky Sports with the actual report coming from Reuters, you know, a reputable international news organisation. Not some Italian newspaper.

If others are "cnuts" what does that make you?
Umm, not a silly cnut? I thought that much is obvious as I'm don't believe that tweet?

Falcow

Doubt it's true as it also paints pogba in a bad light i.e. saying he needs players around him like he had in the Juventus team in his first season to be any use, which means he needs a very special set of circumstances to play well. Strange think to say about your client if true.

dev1l

Doubt it's true as it also paints pogba in a bad light i.e. saying he needs players around him like he had in the Juventus team in his first season to be any use, which means he needs a very special set of circumstances to play well. Strange think to say about your client if true.
He wants to lower his price so he can move him around more easily. He is threatening the club basically - Either you let him leave for a lower fee or else there ll be a trouble

Varun1

Basically he wants us to sell Pogba at a cut price as no one is ready to pay the 130-150 million we are asking. He ll get a fat cheque for that too
This. Regardless of the quotes being fake or not, that's how am seeing the situation. No-one wants to pay our price and Real's interest has cooled down.

Mino wants it to look like Pogba is a team player who wants to stay with us. I guarantee that he will leave on a free and will reject any contract extension, unless another team is prepared to pay our price.

As for Woodward, I hope that's a lesson not to go for Mino's players. As someone else said, there are plenty of fishes in the sea.
I do believe the relationship between Mino and United has cooled down though, we refused to pay up for De Light and Haaland, and probably leaked the other party's requirements over the Haaland deal.

Last edited:

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
I checked the Daily Mail website and absolutely nowhere does it say Ole has asked for the signing of 2 midfielders in January. We may get lucky with some loan deal, but I can't see any of our priority targets being available in January.
Was just about to ask if anyone has ever checked this account’s named sources. If Mail tweeted that, why not post that tweet in this thread. Think ”utdreport” should be banned from this thread, they probably make up most of their tweets and spin a wheel to add a source. And people lap this shit up.

stu_1992

Not sure what he'd offer them that they aren't already getting from Tammy Abraham. Surely if they were signing a striker it would either be a clear experienced back up or someone clearly better than Abraham. Dembele is neither, and unless at a good price is a weird one.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I don't get it either. What we need is a pacey, versatile striker who offers something totally different than Tammy and can also play alongside him.

This is why the links with Timo Werner make perfect sense. I can't understand why we'd be after another classic target man when we don't even use our backup target man Giroud as it is.

NinjaFletch

Was just about to ask if anyone has ever checked this account’s named sources. If Mail tweeted that, why not post that tweet in this thread. Think ”utdreport” should be banned from this thread, they probably make up most of their tweets and spin a wheel to add a source. And people lap this shit up.
They are banned. People just don't read the OP before posting.

stu_1992

I’d snap call on Cavani for 10m
I don't think he'd suit our play-style at all at the moment. Struggled with injuries recently too and pushing on. Has looked well off the pace in Ligue 1 too. Even if the fee was low, the wages would likely be high. And then you're talking about a Sanchez or Falcao situation. Only way I would even consider would be a loan with PSG paying most of the wages.

cyberman

How can they even afford to buy anyone and still comply with FFP? they already had to sell playera I thought?
They have a horrible transfer strategy. Its our buy all the names philosophy from ore Ole but they have Messi and the ashes of 2011 to hide from it

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
RUMOUR:

Redcafe's @Fridge chutney is set to be making moves on the transfer tweets thread starting tomorrow after it emerges he was not threadband. P-Ro sources also confirm that thousands of his opponents are currently lobbying @Damien to band Fridge Chutney. P-Ro approached Mr Chutney for comment and was told the following: "I have huge plans, tremendous plans for this transfer window. I will be making many billions and billions of transfer tweets. With my strong leadership, we the people will make this once great thread great again!"

Godfather

For what? We have a starting number 9 who is performing well?
Ibra was a stop gap 3 years ago, we have to be careful here
An injury prone, well performing number 9. An injury to him and we are back to scoreless football again. And until Greenwood is ready to play in the 9 position Cavani would be perfect who can play in any of the front three positions.

Also I don't know what your argument regarding Ibra is? He was great here.

dev1l

They have a horrible transfer strategy. Its our buy all the names philosophy from ore Ole but they have Messi and the ashes of 2011 to hide from it
Mind you, most fans like that type of strategy...they get sold easily with big name.
And at Barcelona fans have say more than in other places...

cyberman

An injury prone, well performing number 9. An injury to him and we are back to scoreless football again. And until Greenwood is ready to play in the 9 position Cavani would be perfect who can play in any of the front three positions.

Also I don't know what your argument regarding Ibra is? He was great here.
He was but he was a stop gap that kept Martial from the 9 position and he was shifted wide for a battle with Rashford that gave us an excuse to buy Lukaku.
Sanchez at 29 was going to give us 3 great years until Rashford and Martial matured. How could we say no to a swap?
Both short term deals that held our players back. Give Martial that time and we would be in a better place right now.
Rashford / Greenwood / Martial should be plenty of cover for the 9 position. We either stick with our supposedly new transfer policy or we dont.

Godfather

He was but he was a stop gap that kept Martial from the 9 position and he was shifted wide for a battle with Rashford that gave us an excuse to buy Lukaku.
Sanchez at 29 was going to give us 3 great years untik Rashford and Martial matured. How could we say no to a swap?
Rashford / Greenwood / Martial should be plenty of cover for the 9 position. We either stick with our supoisedly new transfer policy or we dont.
Rashford is gash at the 9 and Greenwood isn't ready for that position. I'm not saying Cavani should replace Martial but he should step in for anyone injured up front which can happen any time. I guess at this stage of his career Cavani would be OK with that as well.

cyberman

Rashford is gash at the 9 and Greenwood isn't ready for that position. I'm not saying Cavani should replace Martial but he should step in for anyone injured up front which can happen any time. I guess at this stage of his career Cavani would be OK with that as well.
But we are back to a slow number 9 who slows the play down?
Rashford might not be great at number 9 but i dont think hes at a bring in past it striker whos legs have gone to play ahead of him just yet?
We could even play split strikers etc. Our strength is our speed. If it was creativity then Cavani could be an option but most of our play goes through the number 9 so my fear would be Cavani being too deep or waving his hands in the air in frustration in a crowded box

dev1l

This. Regardless of the quotes being fake or not, that's how am seeing the situation. No-one wants to pay our price and Real's interest has cooled down.

Mino wants it to look like Pogba is a team player who wants to stay with us. I guarantee that he will leave on a free and will reject any contract extension, unless another team is prepared to pay our price.

As for Woodward, I hope that's a lesson not to go for Mino's players. As someone else said, there are plenty of fishes in the sea.
I do believe the relationship between Mino and United has cooled down though, we refused to pay up for De Light and Haaland, and probably leaked the other party's requirements over the Haaland deal.
Fully agreed..the biggest issue remains our recruitment process. We are too slow....cumbersome. Our negotiations seem to take more time than those of other teams. It s not the manager s fault...his job is to select the right players...it's the process.
Even during Fergie s days, we had players pulling out or refusing us but we didn't take ages to sign someone. When the player is identified, there should be a fee we re willing to pay, and if clubs ask more, we move to second in line. This shouldn't take ages.

Or the famous ,one deal at a time....we witnessed during the summer....it s taking too long.

dev1l

We'll still be crazy to not look at having another CF option, no matter how good Martial's current form is.
Ideally someone who can play all three front positions. It LL give us flexibility.
Mind you, I don't think it will happen in January. Midfield is more urgent (I think) and considering we do "one deal at a time", at our place, we would be lucky to sign 1 player in January let alone 3 :)

enurs

I keep saying, get Hwang from Saltzburg. Wolfes are trying to get him but If we make a bid he might come to us instead. Can be used as nr 9 and nr 10

Alabaster Codify7

Some fecking supporter you are
It's realism man. If you were a neutral player from a different country would you genuinely join United? We're a consistent upper mid table team at present since 2013. The aura has gone. If I was a say, French youngster, I would see United as nothing special. Being a supporter doesn't mean you have to be blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.