Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

So you don't trust a former captain of ours Steve Bruce who isn't picking him?
I think there are other issues influencing Bruce.
Newcastle demanded a huge fee for him The player is saying if you think I m worth so much, please pay me accordingly and the club is refusing to do so. This has unsettled the player and Bruce maybe is getting the feeling that he cannot rely on him long-term.
Then of course there s a bigger issue with his younger brother. If he doesn't sign a new agreement he can leave at the end of the season for less than half a million.

As for whom I trust most football wise between Bruce and Carrick, it depends on.the style. Bruce is old school football,hence he prefers certain type of players. Carrick is more modern and prefer other types.
I prefer Carrick's.

roseguy64

Ole was already sounding like a man who was going to be sold down the river a month prior to the window re-opening.

I was optimistic the club would continue to act positively in the transfer window before Ole started making noises that it would be "difficult".
But things have changed since then. We'd had two major injuries and are down to just two CMs, one of whom is past it. I'm ignoring Pereira and Garner here cause that's desperation if they're playing other than in massive squad rotation games.

Velvet Revolver

Based on media saying things that are designed to get people to click/read them (and may or may not have any truth to them?)

I hope the stories are bollocks (especially Longstaff) but they tend to copy each other so the days of multiple reports equalling truth are long gone.
Maybe, but we have heard Ole saying in interviews and press conferences about the profile of players he wants to target and these two fit the bill. I hope it is BS too!

Velvet Revolver

I think there are other issues influencing Bruce.
Newcastle demanded a huge fee for him The player is saying if you think I m worth so much, please pay me accordingly and the club is refusing to do so. This has unsettled the player and Bruce maybe is getting the feeling that he cannot rely on him long-term.
Then of course there s a bigger issue with his younger brother. If he doesn't sign a new agreement he can leave at the end of the season for less than half a million.

As for whom I trust most football wise between Bruce and Carrick, it depends on.the style. Bruce is old school football,hence he prefers certain type of players. Carrick is more modern and prefer other types.
I prefer Carrick's.
So people in here never trusted Carrick as a player but are ready to trust his judgement over a player! This whole thing about whose judgement to trust itself is ridiculous. Sean Longstaff is an average player and nothing against him, but we should be looking at players who can take us to the next level.

dev1l

So people in here never trusted Carrick as a player but are ready to trust his judgement over a player! This whole thing about whose judgement to trust itself is ridiculous. Sean Longstaff is an average player and nothing against him, but we should be looking at players who can take us to the next level.
If someone didn't trust Carrick as a Footballer..... 464 appearances for United most of them during one of the club’s most successful stints, he has a problem and not me :)

Sea-Cow

I think Can would be a very smart pick. He could come in right away and start for us in an area where we are desperately short.

You can not tell me that he wouldn't be a massive massive upgrade on Matic and Pereira.

Artorias

I think Can would be a very smart pick. He could come in right away and start for us in an area where we are desperately short.

You can not tell me that he wouldn't be a massive massive upgrade on Matic and Pereira.
It would be an improvement, but how much he will cost? 25-30M tops?

Baneofthegame

ESPN know nothing luckily but that would be a depressing level of target. Don't add the creativity we're clearly crying out for and neither of them are starters for their teams (one can't even start for Newcastle regularly). Would be cementing our position in the midtable.
Id take Can on loan just to boost our options because Fred is already exhausted.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You what?

dev1l

Sport linking us with yet another right back - Seemed (yesterday we were linked with Leicester s Perriera).
simply nonsensical

Sea-Cow

It would be an improvement, but how much he will cost? 25-30M tops?
Yeah probably in that range, if I had to guess.

And I don't really care. We can try to save this season from being completely written off, or we can fall further adrift with promises of dry powder for a dream summer window full of galaticos and wonderkids.

AKDevil

I see support for a move for Can in here. Can somebody tell me what he does please? Can’t think of one thing he’s good at.

dev1l

Earlier today there were reports of a Chelsea offer for Moussa Dembele. Now this...
Seems like Chelsea will be quite busy...unlike some other teams...

ShinjiNinja26

Earlier today there were reports of a Chelsea offer for Moussa Dembele. Now this...
Seems like Chelsea will be quite busy...unlike some other teams...
Aye looks like Chelsea are looking to strengthen their squad now to kick on the rest of the season and secure that 4th spot, I wonder what other team should be looking to follow suit?

dev1l

It sure is tough to sign players in January.
In order to sign a player during January, most of the groundwork is usually done in the months before.

In other words, you don't start working for in the January transfer window, on the first of January but months before...

hungrywing

In order to sign a player during January, most of the groundwork is usually done in the months before.

In other words, you don't start working for in the January transfer window, on the first of January but months before...
Yeah I was being sarcastic re the Wooward briefings.

Thiagoal

A competent CEO- knowing how desperately we need a midfield- would have got all the details agreed before January so that they could sign on Jan 1st thus giving us the best opportunity of making the top four (and riches that come with it)

Why do I get the feeling we’ll be linked with ten midfielders on deadline day only for all of them to fall through!!

tomaldinho1

I see support for a move for Can in here. Can somebody tell me what he does please? Can’t think of one thing he’s good at.
Plays in CM and can last 90mins. Jokes aside, he's a DM or CM that plays at the top level, chips in with a few goals/assists per season and looks to be available on the cheap/loan. We should, at the very least, be enquiring about him because he's better than pretty much all our players. That's not to say he's amazing but he's a solid 7/10 type player & genuinely versatile (ie not like playing Pereira as a 6 or Mata as RW).

I can see a Matic/Can swap coming.

Classnordic

Eriksen and Emre Can would improve us alot, however i wonder how a midfield of MCT, Can and Eriksen would operate. Wont be worse than what we have tbh.

Last edited:

Giggsyking

Reading posts here thinking Longstaff and Can are decent makes me sick of how fans adapted to mediocrity. WTF are you talking about? Wake up we are Manchetser fecking united.

LJJT

We need creativity I don’t see much of that in Can. Eriksen I get but doubt we will do the deal for him given he’s a free agent in summer

Status
Not open for further replies.