Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacifictheme

To be fair, they also have a very good manager who knows what he wants, and also a recruitment structure which actually supports his and team's needs. We've neither of those, and are worryingly getting into a very reactive recruitment mode.
I agree but both of those players improve us. Ole might not be around forever and last summer suggests maybe we do actually have a dirction now...

BootsyCollins

Pretty much. We all know Maddison will cost £80m plus. So our offer is half that plus a player many want rid of with no goals or assist for a year. His value has to be max £15-20m at the moment. They simply won’t accept it.

And Wolves are above us in the league and we still haven’t beaten them since they were promoted. Given the Mendes connection I can’t see many of their players leaving.
Im a nitpicker i know, but they are not.

dove

I agree but both of those players improve us. Ole might not be around forever and last summer suggests maybe we do actually have a dirction now...
I must be in the minority but I think our last summer transfers are exactly the same as they were 5 or so previous summers and I can't see any direction whatsoever apart from nationality. We have signed an overpriced defender who was supposed to be good with the ball but turned out to be not so much, right back who is great defensively but makes Valencia look like Messi when going forward and a young winger from the Championship for £15m who is our very own Theo Walcott. I don't really know what direction we are going in to be honest.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
To be fair, they also have a very good manager who knows what he wants, and also a recruitment structure which actually supports his and team's needs. We've neither of those, and are worryingly getting into a very reactive recruitment mode.
Its funny that. Took Klopp and Livarpool 4 years to get it right. Thats just for them though we need a new manager every fecking month yeah?

TrustInOle

If this is true, these 2 are bang on what we need in this squad. Jimenez will add more quality and much needed experience and competition up front whilst Neves is the kind of player we are crying out for next to Fred and Pogba. Wolves are a very shrewd club and are almost certain to have replacements lined up already.

Would love Jimenez though, cracking player.

Matst1

I must be in the minority but I think our last summer transfers are exactly the same as they were 5 or so previous summers and I can't see any direction whatsoever apart from nationality. We have signed an overpriced defender who was supposed to be good with the ball but turned out to be not so much, right back who is great defensively but makes Valencia look like Messi when going forward and a young winger from the Championship for £15m who is our very own Theo Walcott. I don't really know what direction we are going in to be honest.
Doom and gloom, for the sake of doom and gloom.. ITS BORING. You're not in the minority, though. So don't worry.

There is clearly some sort of identity process Ole is working on which is at least something positive from the past 6 years of buying players, we all knew it was never going to be a quick fix yet we sit in 5th, 5 off 4th and i for one wasn't expecting a top 4 finish this season. Im relatively happy with how things are going because i have patience, i.e, the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, trouble, or suffering without getting angry or upset. We could do a lot more of that on here!

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Why the feck did we give him those wages in the first place? Was there really any danger he would get a better contract elsewhere? I swear to god with Judge and Woodward we have the worst sporting directors of any club in Europe's top leagues.
Your hair is on fire. You have to believe me .because its on the internet.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Why is everbody so happy? Watch Raiola either gets 20mil. euros agent bonus for JL and 3,5 bags of chips transfer fee for United, or he manages to get JL new contract worth 160k per week. 5 years deal.

MDFC Manager

I actually don't disagree with either of those sentences!

If it was anyone else, I'd feel sad for them. But in this case, delighted to see it happen to Raiola :drool:

manuchamp88

Reckon Mino is a frustrated United fan but he actually has the platform and balls to call out the club on their nonsense.

C'est Moi Cantona

Newsflash, Lingard in the current market is worth at least £40 million, and clubs would be falling over themselves to get him, etc...

IrishRedDevil

Every media source just loves taking the piss out of United these days. That comment about difficult to keep Lingard is just another jibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.