g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaglish10

Onana played like a headless chicken in that second leg against Spurs. Not sure the PL is the place for him. It’s also concerning that we’re after Barcelona’s old reserve keeper or the guy they want as their new reserve keeper.
He didn't. He kept Ajax in it with his saves several times when Ajax could have been out as early as the second half. It's unlucky that he and his defenders had some poor communication leading to the second goal but apart from that, he was terrific throughout.

ArjenIsM3

The not good enough for us narrative to follow.
Probably, even though he'd instantly improve us. Perfect age, experienced, leader, great price.. sure not the best option out there quality wise but talk about value in the market.

haram

£31m, really? Would be typical of us to extend contract with quite literally waste of space Jones and let others sign a much better players for £30m.
Manolas isn’t good enough either.

Infra-red

£31m, really? Would be typical of us to extend contract with quite literally waste of space Jones and let others sign a much better players for £30m.
I think Manolas and Jones are actually rather similar, both stylistically (similar strenths/weaknesses) and in terms of overall ability. Manolas is less injury prone, I grant you, but not sure he's what we need really.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think Manolas and Jones are actually rather similar, both stylistically (similar strenths/weaknesses) and in terms of overall ability. Manolas is less injury prone, I grant you, but not sure he's what we need really.
Comfortably better than Jones. Agree he can be bit reckless but much better on the ball and air.

Rojo would be more of an apt comparison with less brainless tackles.

nainaisson

Manolas isn’t good enough either.
He's no Koulibaly, but he's better than all of our CBs, with the exception maybe of Lindelof. I'd rather we sign him than no one, which is what we did last season, and will probably do this season too.

Infra-red

Comfortably better than Jones. Agree he can be bit reckless but much better on the ball and air.

Rojo would be more of an apt comparison with less brainless tackles.
Not sure I agree re aerial ability.

Aerials won per 90 mins (and win %) this season:

Jones 2.9 (71%)
Manolas 2.6 (61%)

Manolas is a bit better on the ball, but he's not anything like exceptional in that regard, and, as you say, is similarly predisposed towards recklessness.

Kapardin

If so, both Jones or Manolas would be a huge upgrade on Mustafi who is worse than the two of them, so he is pretty much suited for Arsenal then.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Uli Hoeneß: "We brought two players. we will certainly not stop changing the team "
Hoeness announces that in the further transfers, the 80 million euro limit is not exceeded. Thus, the rumors have @ AntoGriezmann finally settled @ SPORT BILD
Bayern won't be exceeeding €80m for any player so Griezmann is a no go. That's what I think is being said..[/QUOTE]

Robbie Boy

Onana played like a headless chicken in that second leg against Spurs. Not sure the PL is the place for him. It’s also concerning that we’re after Barcelona’s old reserve keeper or the guy they want as their new reserve keeper.
From the little I’ve seen of him he looks absolutely miles from being an elite keeper.

Mcking

He's no Koulibaly, but he's better than all of our CBs, with the exception maybe of Lindelof. I'd rather we sign him than no one, which is what we did last season, and will probably do this season too.
Lindelof isn't even our best defender ffs

Robbie Boy

@Ajaxsuarez seems to rate him quite highly and wrote a long winded post regarding the player that was very informative.
Now forgive me but I’m taking from that username that there might be some bias. I remember a Dutch poster on here writing massive essays about Depay when we signed him and look how that turned out. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he wasn’t one that remotely stood out to me in that Ajax side.

Classical Mechanic

Now forgive me but I’m taking from that username that there might be some bias. I remember a Dutch poster on here writing massive essays about Depay when we signed him and look how that turned out. I’m not saying he’s a bad player but he wasn’t one that remotely stood out to me in that Ajax side.
I'm convinced that lad was part of Depay's PR team. He was far too knowledgeable and invested.

Status
Not open for further replies.