Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

Imagine Griezmann going back to Atletico again.
I’m sure he has an agreement with someone or else he wouldn’t have come out and said he’s leaving and even if the Barca move doesn’t happen he can still move to PSG or even Bayern

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Solskjaer would kill to have him at the club. Sadly, these "other offers" will most likely be from Juve, City and Liverpool. We're not in the running for this one.
He’s asking for a leading role. What’s wrong with that? I think it shows a good mentality that he wants to be a leader. It’s different to “I’m the best” “I’m the prodigy” “I’m better than that club”.
There's no doubting the guy's ability and sure he would be brilliant for United, but OGS clearly said he's after players who want to play for United rather than coming for fame and fortune. He needs to earn his leading role at United before making demands like that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
There's no doubting the guy's ability and sure he would be brilliant for United, but OGS clearly said he's after players who want to play for United rather than coming for fame and fortune. He needs to earn his leading role at United before making demands like that.
Anyone who comes to top club for success same thing with fame, that’s normal. Rooney, Ferdinand, Keane and etc wouldn’t join us if they are not interested in fame.

Being a leader & want fortune are 2 different things.

Acting like a leader & winning mentality are exactly what makes the great United players have achieved success. Positive attitude.

Hawks2008

feck that, if there is chance to get him take it. Don't want some mediocre player to come just cause he'd be grateful to be here.

promisedlanchiao

its a bit rich of rashford to think united are not heading in the right direction. all these entitled morons think its everyone else’s fault but their own. reflects the state of the club.

In Rainbows

feck that, if there is chance to get him take it. Don't want some mediocre player to come just cause he'd be grateful to be here.
A trending request on this forum is the want for players to play for the shirt. It's a weird stance given the evidence. Rojo loves being a United player as does Jones, Young, etc... they're still crap. Choosing transfer targets based on love for the club is a strange request. I just want great players. Don't get me wrong, in an ideal world that would be a request from me too. However, it's such a hard thing to quantify and it's not a measure of something that will get us back to the top.

Sanche7

Onana: Going back to Barcelona would be a dream

At MARCA, we are aware that Barcelona are interested in bringing you back.

"There hasn't been direct contact, or at least not as far as I'm aware. Barcelona has always been my home and going back there would be a dream. It would be really big for me. But now, I'm an Ajax player and we have to focus on this. My head is 100 percent here."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/11/23/5bf8200c268e3e2f3e8b464f.html

According to Dutch publication De Telegraaf, Arsenal and Barcelona are both eyeing 22-year-old Onana. They are also apparently joined in that respect by Tottenham, who are expected to need a replacement for Michel Vorm as number two, and West Ham.

Agent Albert Botines is even quoted as saying, "It is no secret that Barça is interested."

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3212730/fc-barcelona-polst-onana?utm_source=c-6rtwjumjzx7877x24bbbx2eyjqjlwffkx2

He’s probably headed to Barca as a replacement for Cillessen even if the story of us being interested is true

gajender

"There hasn't been direct contact, or at least not as far as I'm aware. Barcelona has always been my home and going back there would be a dream. It would be really big for me. But now, I'm an Ajax player and we have to focus on this. My head is 100 percent here."

https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2018/11/23/5bf8200c268e3e2f3e8b464f.html

According to Dutch publication De Telegraaf, Arsenal and Barcelona are both eyeing 22-year-old Onana. They are also apparently joined in that respect by Tottenham, who are expected to need a replacement for Michel Vorm as number two, and West Ham.

Agent Albert Botines is even quoted as saying, "It is no secret that Barça is interested."

https://www.telegraaf.nl/sport/3212730/fc-barcelona-polst-onana?utm_source=c-6rtwjumjzx7877x24bbbx2eyjqjlwffkx2

He’s probably headed to Barca as a replacement for Cillessen even if the story of us being interested is true

Probable first choice at United and stuck as understudy for best keeper in world at Barcelona it's a tough choice ya he is going to Barcelona.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

He grew up in Barcelona as a youngster when he ended up there due to the Samuel Eto'o foundation.

gajender

It's a interesting read regarding Onana and solkjaer wanting to play out from the back with a sweeper keeper with a high line. Cillesen is the back up option who is also adept with the ball at his feet.
It's a step in the right direction hopefully we have also seen last of Smalling and Jones as starters at United and start phasing them out.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's a step in the right direction hopefully we have also seen last of Smalling and Jones as starters at United and start phasing them out.
It sure would be a good move to bring us up to date with teams who play out from the back. But if Castles is correct and we feel €40m is excessive for Onana, then I find that strange. Cillessen is the alternative at €25m.

Classical Mechanic

Onana played like a headless chicken in that second leg against Spurs. Not sure the PL is the place for him. It’s also concerning that we’re after Barcelona’s old reserve keeper or the guy they want as their new reserve keeper.

Mikelinho

Imagine Griezmann,Pogba,Lingzy and Rashy all doing the “phone” dance in the dressing room after a 1-0 win against Brighton on Instagram. Fans would go nuts.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I know it's' not gospel, but Mario has been absolutely quality on the last 3 or 4 FM games.
Actually looked decent at the world cup also.
No idea how good / consistent he actually is though
He's brilliant and had been very consistent over the years. It's incredible that he had stayed in Russia for so long. Weirdly enough, he loves it here — he has found God here and completely changed his life (apparently he missed the plane to his first game for the Brazilian national team because of the night partying when he was young).

Dan_F

Onana played like a headless chicken in that second leg against Spurs. Not sure the PL is the place for him. It’s also concerning that we’re after Barcelona’s old reserve keeper or the guy they want as their new reserve keeper.
Yeah I’m not convinced by him. He’s basically the anti De Gea in terms of coming out for crosses. Unless we can convince Oblak I’m not sure there’s other keepers out there. Not ideal but that is probably the level of player we’re looking at currently.

Siddharth

I think we should be looking to sell De Gea, if anyone wants to pay up. Him ”staying through all the rough times” is a dumb narrative when he was always blatantly overrated to begin with and always wanted to leave.

We have plenty of issues on other positions, and his wages are idiotic for someone who is too afraid to leave his line, unable to pass the ball and apparently unable to catch the ball without getting a pay-rise he doesn’t deserve.
You are bang on. Last time he extended because Real were kind of lukewarm about him. I don't buy that faxgate was not intentional. And he extended only after we made him the highest paid goalkeeper in the world.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Why are people getting bothered by what this bald tw*t is writing? He's got no inside source at Utd now that Jose is gone. He was also bandying about Bruno Fernandes to City. How did that turn out?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Why are people getting bothered by what this bald tw*t is writing? He's got no inside source at Utd now that Jose is gone. He was also bandying about Bruno Fernandes to City. How did that turn out?
I thought he was correct on the Fernandes links to City?

King7Eric

I thought he was correct on the Fernandes links to City?
He was saying it's basically a done deal. As was every other journo before they all backtracked saying City were never interested at all.

King7Eric

Nope, don’t think that’s what he was saying
I'm pretty sure I read in the forum the complete opposite.
Maybe I'm wrong then but I was under the impression that he was bandying Fernandes to City before saying it was just a ruse by Sporting. Perhaps I'm wrong about the first part then. But still I maintain my original point, now that Jose is gone I don't think he's as reliable for Utd as we was before.

acnumber9

They’ve put up a tweet saying Utd lead the race for an article that says they’ve joined the race and copy and pasted an article they’ve already published about him signing for Spurs with an extra paragraph added at the top to talk about a story by Sky Sports. That’s high grade journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.