g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

They’ve put up a tweet saying Utd lead the race for an article that says they’ve joined the race and copy and pasted an article they’ve already published about him signing for Spurs with an extra paragraph added at the top to talk about a story by Sky Sports. That’s high grade journalism.
Well yeah, this is the feckin Mail we're talking about..

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I have a feeling he is a thorough professional, but genuinely seems inclined to come to england, be it liverpool, city or united. Obviously, as Raiola is looking after his financial matters, he will extract the best contract possible for de ligt and get a fat percentage cut for himself. As it came earlier in the news, united has offered him a gigantic contract of 250k per week which would be very hard to top by most clubs. I just hope he buys into the rebuild story of united and come here. Won't mind selling Lindelof and Bailly if he does. Sell Pogba and get Varane plus 40 50 million. Get Cillessen from Barca for 25 m. Sell De Gea for 60 m. Also buy van Aanholt as back up of Shaw and to build a little contingent of dutch players to make the little prince feel comfortable. Then we can buy a right back. Ideally Meunier as part of De Gea deal.

We can replace pogba by getting Rabiot for free, Rice or Tielemans for 40 m and Bruno for 60 m.
Varane for 40-50m??? Cloud cuckoo land

Woziak

Barca are in deep red already. They never pay young players much. Real are also moving away from paying big with their stadium rebuild. City have said time and time again they won't encourage big contracts. PSG is a good shout though.
Yet many forget FFP restrictions on PSG, they can only spend €49m net so they will have to let a Neymar go for €300M if they are going to buy De Gea, De Ligt, Griezman, Pepe and Varane.

City will want to keep a low profile after the threat of CL ban, they will do 2 or 3 deals and don't really need a CB.

Smores

There's no doubting the guy's ability and sure he would be brilliant for United, but OGS clearly said he's after players who want to play for United rather than coming for fame and fortune. He needs to earn his leading role at United before making demands like that.
That's just agreeable soundbites he's endlessly coming out with such buzzword talk. There's not a chance he'd turn down such talent.

Woziak

Varane for 40-50m??? Cloud cuckoo land
Yeah I think he means we could do a player swap with Pogba and Varane. Pogba value would be £150M and Varane £110M so Madrid pay us the balance of £40M.

Can't see this happening can see Tony Kroos plus Gareth Bale on a 1yr loan deal making up (60m+10m) £70M and United asking for another £80M but Madrid offering us £40M!

United Pro

They’ve put up a tweet saying Utd lead the race for an article that says they’ve joined the race and copy and pasted an article they’ve already published about him signing for Spurs with an extra paragraph added at the top to talk about a story by Sky Sports. That’s high grade journalism.
If you see exclamation marks ("") in any of the tweets then it's because it's quoting another source. Most of the Daily Mail's tweets are quoting other sources.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Maybe I'm wrong then but I was under the impression that he was bandying Fernandes to City before saying it was just a ruse by Sporting. Perhaps I'm wrong about the first part then. But still I maintain my original point, now that Jose is gone I don't think he's as reliable for Utd as we was before.
He was the journalist saying the complete opposite. He also said in early April (note, Jose is gone by then) that Ander was off to PSG. He's been nothing but scathing about Woodward and the Glazers and he's pretty reliable when it comes to transfer rumours. A good combination in my book.

OohAahMartial

He was the journalist saying the complete opposite. He also said in early April (note, Jose is gone by then) that Ander was off to PSG. He's been nothing but scathing about Woodward and the Glazers and he's pretty reliable when it comes to transfer rumours. A good combination in my book.
Reddit downgraded him.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ah okay my bad. But I still remember him being wrong a bunch of times as well. Of course things change and the target he mentioned might have been of interest but never materialized due to whatever reason. Still I wouldn't call him as reliable as Di Marzio.

Castles is a Mendes man so he may have inside info about whether DDG wants to leave ( since DDG is a Mendes client) but it would be weird if he had inside info as to who we want to buy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Reddit? Is that the arbiter of reliability now? Is that what this thread goes by?
Wasn’t he saying we agreed a deal for Alex Sandro amongst other rubbish last summer.

I think he definitely knows about DDG since he is connected to Mendes

Infra-red

Wasn’t he saying we agreed a deal for Alex Sandro amongst other rubbish last summer.

I think he definitely knows about DDG since he is connected to Mendes
He said we agreed terms with Sandro, not that we agreed a deal with Juve. Juve's asking price was too high in the end.

Infra-red

Brophs

The One and Only
So we buy Onana to be a footballing keeper and his first pass out is to one of his two split centre halves, one of whom will likely be Smalling or Jones, which other teams will instantly twig and close down Lindelof, while allowing Smalling or Jones to have the ball, knowing they’ll give it away. Looking forward to that massive bucket of peanut-flecked shit.

NYAS

So we buy Onana to be a footballing keeper and his first pass out is to one of his two split centre halves, one of whom will likely be Smalling or Jones, which other teams will instantly twig and close down Lindelof, while allowing Smalling or Jones to have the ball, knowing they’ll give it away. Looking forward to that massive bucket of peanut-flecked shit.
Onana also loves that slow lofted ball out to the full-back right on the touchline. Imagine Young trying to keep those in play and then bringing the ball down and controlling it as he gets pressed.

Cassidy

You forgetting we're after a CB?

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

#peanutflecked very vivid imagery there.

Cassidy

48 hours

19 year old midfielder. City and Spurs apparently also interested.

From the article:

The midfielder already has 10 caps for Macedonia despite his tender age.

He scored twice as Macedonia beat Latvia 3-1 a Euro 2020 qualifier in March.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
This type of link gets made every summer. Random player in random league and ends up at some random team like Lazio/Valencia/Marseille.
Think we've been tracking him for a while at least. I recall us being linked to him before. I mean, there's no real shock in our scouts tracking teenagers playing senior football right? It's their job as scouts...

But tracking a player doesn't mean bidding for them, which is what papers tend to forget.

Mcking

Onana also loves that slow lofted ball out to the full-back right on the touchline. Imagine Young trying to keep those in play and then bringing the ball down and controlling it as he gets pressed.
Most likely controls it and sends it down the outside channel for pacy Daniel James to run onto. Our tactics next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.