Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaviboy

This is boring now just give Ajax the money for the 2 players named and get on with it. Both go straight in to our starting 11.

ShinjiNinja26

Eriksen, Van de Beek and Soumare would be very good business from us and go a long way to solving our midfield problem. Would think it would be an either or scenario with Eriksen and Van de Beek though, unfortunately we’ll be lucky to get any one of those names over the line in January.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
This is boring now just give Ajax the money for the 2 players named and get on with it. Both go straight in to our starting 11.
Never going to happen. Woodward's ego means that a "deal" has to be negotiated.

When he said the club can do things in the transfer market that no other club can do, he actually meant cock up transfers in ways that no one could ever imagine.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Juventus and Nantes have reached an agreement around €350k for a transfer of Jean-Claude ”Junior” Ntenda. The deal should be wrapped in the next few days. A super coup for Juve according to several scouts.

A 17-year old left back with several caps for France U16, U17 & U18.

Personally prefer PlayStation.

Last edited:

dev1l

Eriksen, Van de Beek and Soumare would be very good business from us and go a long way to solving our midfield problem. Would think it would be an either or scenario with Eriksen and Van de Beek though, unfortunately we’ll be lucky to get any one of those names over the line in January.
Do you really believe we ll sign 3 players in 3 weeks? :)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

As revealed by l’Equipe, PSG Sports Director Leonardo met with Cavani’s representatives to inform them that PSG will not let the player go this winter and that he will end the season in the Paris.

ShinjiNinja26

Do you really believe we ll sign 3 players in 3 weeks? :)
Of course I don’t. :) Like I said will be lucky to get one in and even that looks unlikely. If the club had any ambition though they could realistically solve our midfield problems this window with what I think are 3 attainable players.

I Am Zlatan

delusional :D
We can.. look at LVG era, granted maybe more players wanted to play for LVG than Ole..

I think we can, the question is, do we want to? I feel like the Glazers using Ole to clear the squad, save on wages/players for a season or two then start again with another manager.

I think Ole will get sacked after January transfer window is shut if he were to get sacked this season.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We can.. look at LVG era, granted maybe more players wanted to play for LVG than Ole..

I think we can, the question is, do we want to? I feel like the Glazers using Ole to clear the squad, save on wages/players for a season or two then start again with another manager.

I think Ole will get sacked after January transfer window is shut if he were to get sacked this season.
He won’t

Sea-Cow

:confused:

Neither are good enough but Pereira's been comfortably the better footballer this season.

He's actually contributing something from an attacking point of view from time to time.
I disagree on "comfortably." They have both been fecking awful this year. The difference is, Lingard has at least shown periods of actual quality, including a cup winning goal. Pereira is a Championship player, at best, and he has never shown anything else.

Inigo Montoya

I disagree on "comfortably." They have both been fecking awful this year. The difference is, Lingard has at least shown periods of actual quality, including a cup winning goal. Pereira is a Championship player, at best, and he has never shown anything else.
He said “this season.”

I fail to see where Lingard has shown ‘actual quality.’ Even by his own admission he was very lacklustre due to his family problems. He then said he was nearing his best. If that is the case he must have been abysmal for the best part of a year because he’s looked average since.

Withnail

Eaten bread.

Lingard has no goals or assists in over a year and there are no signs he'll regain the form he showed two years ago. It looks like a high-water mark at this stage.

Pereira at least has a goal and 3 assists in the league and can put a good cross/free-kick into the box. That's why I'm saying Pereira has been better this year.

Inigo Montoya

Don’t want to derail, but I hope he does man, enough is enough, I’ve never felt so hopeless about us until this season, with the other managers I had hope, not with Ole unfortunately.
If they wait they will get a better qualified coach in summer. They’ll get nothing now except another stop gap coach

Sea-Cow

Eaten bread.

Lingard has no goals or assists in over a year and there are no signs he'll regain the form he showed two years ago. It looks like a high-water mark at this stage.

Pereira at least has a goal and 3 assists in the league and can put a good cross/free-kick into the box. That's why I'm saying Pereira has been better this year.
You're right that you did say "this year" so I shouldn't respond with references to two years prior!

And I guess I also can't argue objective stats like 3 > 0, and 1 > 0. However, in watching the games it is just clear to me that Lingard has the ability to receive the ball on the turn and go forward that Pereira has never had. I am thinking of the first half against City as a good illustration of this. Pereira runs around, slowly, and fouls people. That is all he has.

But I will go to my grave fighting against the myth that Pereira can put in decent deliveries. He is consistently awful and it boggles my mind that people still use this when discussing him.

Josep Dowling

Seems to be getting more serious now....
He has a low buy out class and we can probably treble his wages. If we were truly interested it should be a straight forward transfer. I don’t understand how Woodward is so fecking useless at transfers.

Nick7

He has a low buy out class and we can probably treble his wages. If we were truly interested it should be a straight forward transfer. I don’t understand how Woodward is so fecking useless at transfers.
Unless he doesn’t want to leave Ajax in January which he’s already said he doesn’t.

alexthelion

What's clogging up the thread is people constantly posting about Fridge, talking about having him blocked and posting which players they would sign.

Fridge is one of the only people posting Tweets in the Transfer Tweets Thread.

More Tweets less noise!
Well said. Personally think it's the moaners who should be thread banned, but unfortunately, that's not my decision.

Is this not supposed to be more of a football forum nowadays, rather than just a United one?

USREDEVIL

Glad to see we're not getting involved in any of this January transfer nonsense. Just need to make a quick phone call to Paul Scholes and we're ready for the second half of the season.

WelshManc

Why are there transfer tweets for lower League clubs? I mean who actually cares who Gillingham or whoever have signed? I see the amount of new transfer tweets and live in hope that there's some news about United, only to be disappointed even more.

Surely we can have a United transfer tweets only option.

alexthelion

I say this again, i’m 100 % certain that we have one of the least knowledgeable fans of all top clubs in Europe. We have fans who overrate players just because they show passion or ”understand” the club rather that actually being good at football. The perfect examples are Brandon Williams and Scott Mctominay. How anyone can think that Brandon has played better than Ashley is mental and shows you the bias that exist within our fanbase against certain players.
Can I have some of what you're on?

Status
Not open for further replies.