Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep Dowling

Funny how everyone always has that insider knowledge on United's business dealings. I obviously don't know the right people.

Only Liverpool, Palace and Spurs have signed anyone of note so far in January and two of those are loans.
Because other clubs haven’t bought anyone we shouldn’t? Reaching top 4 is gone if we don’t sign him. We are a Rashford or Martial injury from another crisis in the team. We have no creativity in midfield.

Number32

Yeah well that's the risk of his job isn't it. With that logic he better doesn't sign any players anymore. I mean they could turn out shit and criticism might be aimed at him! Although this seems to be our all brand new transfer strategy anyway. Get rid off the deadwood and yeah that's it. No need for replacements.
Tbf Woodward has made more good signings than bringing deadwoods in. But its not the problem, he don't have any clue in the market when the manager needs reinforcement.

He bought Fellaini more than his release clause, bought Martial with a ballon d'or bonus clause, bought Pogba despite Sir Alex had warn us about Raiola, bought Maguire for a transfer record despite had been tracking him in a year with a lower price, and now a Champions League winner bonus for Bruno? Every clubs, every agents, every players (includings ours) would see him as a laughing stocks. He's good at marketing works but obviously don't really understand how the football's market works.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Because other clubs haven’t bought anyone we shouldn’t? Reaching top 4 is gone if we don’t sign him. We are a Rashford or Martial injury from another crisis in the team. We have no creativity in midfield.
Ffs, nobody is saying that either. The way you talk, it would sound like it's piss easy to get the players you want, especially during January. If all the top clubs had already got 2 or 3 players through the door, then yeah you would have a point.

Mihai

A winning the CL clause would be daft. Him winning a Balon D'or clause is stupid. They put loads of clauses in that they know will not be met. I am still waiting for Martial to win the Balon D'or. Make them reachable clauses, which funny enough might mean we actually qualify for the CL, we have to at least do that before we can win it.
I don't know how you connected reachable clauses to us qualifying for the CL.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Reaching Top4 is already gone. Ole clearly insinuated as much saying Klop was at 8th in his first year and we are also in our first year of rebuild. Why do you think he said such thing?

If we were a club with our shit together, Haaland would have been brought in on day one of the window, Bruno announced 4 days later and both would be starting today against Pools (Haaland hopefully scoring a hat trick on sub lol) and we'd now be arguing about third signing of DMF.

Imagine that situation instead of where we are! And yet it was very doable. Might have cost us £30-40M more on combination of Haaland and Bruno than Woodhead wanted to pay but we are gonna lose way more than that by missing Champions League, so...

Last edited:

Superden

With Rashfords injury and the gaping hole in the squad with pogba and mctominay missing , you'd think there would be a twitter meltdown with players being linked and ITKs in orgasm..but other than Fernandes and the 1+1=2 cavani links, there isnt anything. Perhaps people have come to terms with glazernomics. Although that would be too logical for the twitterati..

Fox outside the box

Tbf Woodward has made more good signings than bringing deadwoods in. But its not the problem, he don't have any clue in the market when the manager needs reinforcement.

He bought Fellaini more than his release clause, bought Martial with a ballon d'or bonus clause, bought Pogba despite Sir Alex had warn us about Raiola, bought Maguire for a transfer record despite had been tracking him in a year with a lower price, and now a Champions League winner bonus for Bruno? Every clubs, every agents, every players (includings ours) would see him as a laughing stocks. He's good at marketing works but obviously don't really understand how the football's market works.
Can I just ask how many football transfers you've negotiated?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Given our situation, it would be mental not to pick up Cavani on an 18-24 month deal. Our list of fit forwards for the rest of the season is:

Martial, James, Greenwood, Lingard, Chong.... And one of those is more of a midfielder.

I don’t really know what else has to be said.

redshaw

With what Ole said about players chomping at the bit and no striker needed you know him and the club think Rashford out for most of season means James Martial and Greenwood, situation solved.

The club should come up with £50 million (60 million euro) for Bruno and get a striker in. Cavani would be perfect.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Already this season Cavani has missed 19 games through injury.
Games missed: 19
Days out: 108

His last injury was a Groin strain on the 13th this year.
He's been out for 7 days and counting.

acrebo

Honestly, I don’t want us to go anywhere near Cavani. That’s just a disaster waiting to happen.

enurs

I have said it many times. We don’t need one big superstar but squad players so we can rotate. These are players we can get in January that will fit perfect with Ole’s plan and players that can do brilliant when playing but also start matches on the bench.

-Hwang from Salzburg £25-£35

-Fernandes of course (this one we will get) £55

-Sander Berge from Genk £25

-Jimenez from Wolfs £50

-Get Alexis Sánchez back from loan if possible £0

I don’t understand why Alexis is hated so much. Look at Fred what happens if you give someone a real chance. Alexis might not be the best team player but his not that bad and we really need him now.

Sander Berge is from Norway and same age as Odegaard. Great midfielder who is calm with the ball and has CL experience and played well against Liverpool.

Hwang is a great nr 10 but can also play in all positions on top. 3 goals and 3 assist in the CL this season.

Like if you agree :)

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Just wanted to highlight this, because Ornstein has been pretty shite recently. Looks like he may have lost his Arsenal links as stated by another poster.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Inter ain't selling any midfielders, they have suffered a lot with their quality in that department already. And Brozovic was spotted on crutches yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.