Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thiagoal

Its the morning after the night before. Normally wed expect a briefing about a link with some superstar etc, but vecino, thats absurd, and shows nothing has changed with our attitude to recruitment over the last few years, had all of the autumn / winter to plan for the Jan window, and hear we are towards the end of it, flaying about. its pitiful.
I suspect our main targets are not leaving in January so to increase numbers the only way will be to get loans in! Makes sense to me! Obviously the caliber of player available for loan isn’t going to be very high though

Snafu17

Sky sports can embarrass themselves on a constant basis yet people will still believe them, somehow.

Josep Dowling

Where was the big plan then? Who exactly are they targeting? If after 6 months we can't obtain our first priorities I would suggest we are never going to get them. Move on and find alternatives. The lack of planning is unbelievable, it's clear they have no clue what to do.

Alabaster Codify7

Where was the big plan then? Who exactly are they targeting? If after 6 months we can't obtain our first priorities I would suggest we are never going to get them. Move on and find alternatives. The lack of planning is unbelievable, it's clear they have no clue what to do.

There isn't a plan and there never has been a plan.

The 'plan' was for Ole to smile and keep the fans onside while trimming the wage bill and the board hoped he'd limp his way to 4th so the entire façade could continue for another season.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
This must be the worst source. Was the same over the summer too.
Sport Witness are actually really good. They're not a source nor ever claimed to be, but report on what the media is saying.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But let's sack Ole though right? This is what I have been saying all day. Ole isn't good enough but he's not the biggest issue at the club. Glazers/Woodward are. What good is getting Poch or Allegri going to do with the clowns we have running the club (into the ground)?

Sambob

Could wolves signing a striker mean they could consider selling Jiménez?
Not directly as a personal attack, but why on earth would wolves sign a striker in order to give us a striker, they will be ahead of us soon.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Could wolves signing a striker mean they could consider selling Jiménez?
He won't be sold in this window, summer is another thing all together, they already sold Cutrone this window

Smores

But let's sack Ole though right? This is what I have been saying all day. Ole isn't good enough but he's not the biggest issue at the club. Glazers/Woodward are. What good is getting Poch or Allegri going to do with the clowns we have running the club (into the ground)?
It'll get more out of our current players whilst we continue to try and improve the rest of structure of the rest of the club.

Even if it didn't the more people that fail under Woodward the more the owners will look to put someone else in charge.

joedirt87

much like our midfield (and every position on this team honestly) we need bodies. anyone who is fit is worth taking a look for a loan with how depleted the squad is right now. Martial doesn't look like hes gonna make it through the rest of the season without injury, i don't know how Fred, Maguire, and Wan-Bissaka are gonna make it having to play every minute. Rashford, McTominay, Pogba, do they recover in time for the run in? I guess Pogba is suppose to be back the soonest, but who knows with him.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
It'll get more out of our current players whilst we continue to try and improve the rest of structure of the rest of the club.

Even if it didn't the more people that fail under Woodward the more the owners will look to put someone else in charge.
Paper over cracks then? No thanks. I don't want minor changes. I want them gone. Keep Ole until they go. Then we can get a world class manager once the debt has gone and the parasites.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Betfred (a betting company who would love to have saps put money on the transfer happening) is not a transfer source. Please use common sense before posting.

Nick7

Aston Villa signing more players than United this January window :lol:
They signed and spent more than us in the summer. Fulham signed and spent more than us last year too. There’s plenty of worthy grievances. That isn’t one of them.

Giggsyking

Lets sack the Glazers..... oh wait we can't.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Lets sack the Glazers..... oh wait we can't.
Can't sack them. Can cut off their money. Attendances have been dropping for years and will continue to do. No waiting list anymore. People couldn't give tickets away for free last night and lots chose to let it go unused.

United_We_Stand

AS: "...The transfer figure is believed to be around 30 million euros and also includes a series of add-ons that could reach €45m. The player will sign for the remainder of the season and five more campaigns..."

Smores

Paper over cracks then? No thanks. I don't want minor changes. I want them gone. Keep Ole until they go. Then we can get a world class manager once the debt has gone and the parasites.
Improving coaching is not 'papering over the cracks'.

Honestly your post reeks of bitterness that Ole pays the price whilst those above don't. Perhaps understandable but you certainly shouldn't keep a manager on the grounds of 'well everyone's to blame'. He's judged on his performance, factoring in all the constraints.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
AS: "...The transfer figure is believed to be around 30 million euros and also includes a series of add-ons that could reach €45m. The player will sign for the remainder of the season and five more campaigns..."
You can't get decent players in January though!! Very frustrating we aren't signing someone like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.