Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYAS

Can we sign free agents when the window closes? Our striker situation is a bit desperate tbh.

Quick look at free agent strikers and we have the likes of Dhiafra Sakho, Obafemi Martins, Victor Anichebe and the pick of the bunch: Diego Tardelli.

RedDevilRoshi

Can we sign free agents when the window closes? Our striker situation is a bit desperate tbh.

Quick look at free agent strikers and we have the likes of Dhiafra Sakho, Obafemi Martins, Victor Anichebe and the pick of the bunch: Diego Tardelli.
Yes we can because they aren’t contracted to anyone

fergosaurus

So we're now looking elsewhere. Seven hours to find someone we like, negotiate with club, agree personal terms with player and have medical. Okay then.

NYAS

Yes we can because they aren’t contracted to anyone
Well Roshi some believe that the transfer window is actually a “registration window” i.e. it’s an opportunity to “register” players to play for you and not necessarily needing to involve an actual transfer between two clubs. In that case registering a player outside the window, even a free agent, would be forbidden.

You may well be right but I have seen various explanations of this over the years and nobody seems too sure.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I heard Ole was going to be on a player manager role for the rest of the season.

Alabaster Codify7

If we're looking elsewhere, business is done for us. It's either posturing to make the fans think we're still trying or posturing to pressure Bournemouth into lowering fee.

Nick7

Well Roshi some believe that the transfer window is actually a “registration window” i.e. it’s an opportunity to “register” players to play for you and not necessarily needing to involve an actual transfer between two clubs. In that case registering a player outside the window, even a free agent, would be forbidden.

You may well be right but I have seen various explanations of this over the years and nobody seems too sure.
Register a transfer. Free agents can be signed at any time once they've left their club before the end of the previous window.

Thiagoal

It’s incredible that even the poor teams in the Prem are able to keep hold of their players now! Back in the day the likes of Josh King would be signed for a few million and Bournemouth would have wished him well!

RedDevilRoshi

You can sign free agents outside of the transfer window. West Ham signed Evra in February when he was released from his Marseille contract in November.

As I said, free agents are not assigned to any club therefore are free to sign for a team outside of the window.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I don't really get why we're not interested in this? I think this would be a better deal than the Dan James one. Similar circumstances
Agreed; he certainly deserves better than West Ham, however poisonous the atmosphere around us might be, it's nothing compared to West Ham season after season.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
How hard is it to get a 6 month loan of a striker so we can reassess in the summer. We just need a body.

Cliche Guevara

Everyone is sure. You can sign free agents outside the transfer window.

The transfer window is for registering transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.