Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suedesi

Maddison will cost just as much to be fair.

If they go down, he will cost 50m.
There's plenty of talented players in Europe that would cost a fraction of that

I'm not convinced Graelish or Maddison are players we should be after - certainly not at those prices.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
How in the holy shit are they selling him for that? We should ask for 60m for Pereira based only on the fact that he has actually played a game in the last 6 years.
He didn't play for Chelsea. He played plenty of games out on loan.

Micky Targaryen

Wait a minute. Wasn't Poch a huge fan of Grealish at one point in time? Like how Bruno Fernandes was one of Poch's transfer targets as well. Has this been discussed yet? :devil::devil:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Would be very interesting to see Tah and Saliba as the future CBs for Arsenal and both are potentially commanding CBs.

Kostov

For his release clause I'd hope we sign him tbh.
If we sell Jones, Smalling and even Lindelof and bring in Tah, I think we are a better team. A CB group of Maguire, Tah, Bailly and Tuanzebe with Mengi is not bad. Eric and Axel are injury prone so it might be a problem.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If we sell Jones, Smalling and even Lindelof and bring in Tah, I think we are a better team. A CB group of Maguire, Tah, Bailly and Tuanzebe with Mengi is not bad. Eric and Axel are injury prone so it might be a problem.
I'd honestly do that and bring him in. €40m for Tah could be a absolute bargain.

flappyjay

Bailly and Axel are so injury prone that the time they spend available is not enough to make one fit cb. Rather keep lindelof and sell of of the two.

Kostov

Bailly and Axel are so injury prone that the time they spend available is not enough to make one fit cb. Rather keep lindelof and sell of of the two.
Personally I'd rather keep Smalling and sell Lindelof. Ideally we can do that and send Tuanzebe on loan again.
I'd honestly do that and bring him in. €40m for Tah could be a absolute bargain.
It is cheap considering the market, at that price I'd definitely bring him in.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
For his release clause I'd hope we sign him tbh.
I'm actually a bit concerned we're not linked with another CB. Rojo and Smalling are basically gone, Jones and Bailly are injury prone beyond belief and Tuanzebe's a relatively unknown entity at PL level.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm actually a bit concerned we're not linked with another CB. Rojo and Smalling are basically gone, Jones and Bailly are injury prone beyond belief and Tuanzebe's a relatively unknown entity at PL level.
I think a commanding CB should be bought personally to partner Maguire. Someone who is athetically and physically gifted, strong in the air and has recovery pace. Tah for the reported €40m release clause looks like a potentially very good deal and the player ticks alot of boxes imo. We could quite comfortably raise much more than Tah's buyout price by selling Smalling and Lindelof.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think a commanding CB should be bought personally to partner Maguire. Someone who is athetically and physically gifted, strong in the air and has recovery pace. Tah for the reported €40m release clause looks like a potentially very good deal and the player ticks alot of boxes imo. We could quite comfortably raise much more than Tah's buyout price by selling Smalling and Lindelof.
Agreed, although I can't see us actually selling Lindelof, plus he's had a very clean injury record since he joined so I think there would be some value in keeping him around.

roseguy64

We have two of those in Smalling and Bailly who have both shown consistent form. Only downsides being Smalling's age and him not wanting to be backup to the backup and Bailly being injury prone and rash.

Infra-red

We have two of those in Smalling and Bailly who have both shown consistent form. Only downsides being Smalling's age and him not wanting to be backup to the backup and Bailly being injury prone and rash.
Bailly isn't any good in the air and Tah is better than either him or Smalling on the ball.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Smalling is gonna be sold it seems and Bailly isn't commanding aerially unlike the 6'4 Tah who is also a real presence.

Josep Dowling

I don't see the obsession with getting Grealish or Maddison when we have just signed Bruno who is naturally a CAM. If anything we need a proper DM and Box-to-Box style CM.

RW would be my priority (Sancho), a CM, Striker then maybe a substitute CAM.

GwilDor

Bailly isn't any good in the air and Tah is better than either him or Smalling on the ball.
Bailly isn't "any" good in the air? I'm not proposing he's a world beater by any means, but against Chelsea he won clearly the most aerial duels(6) in the match according to Whoscored. More than Maguire(3) and Rüdiger(3). One might say Zouma was better with 4 aerial duels won in 45 minutes. Again, not proposing Bailly is a world beater, but when you're essentially saying he's shit, you're simply wrong.

Infra-red

Bailly isn't "any" good in the air? I'm not proposing he's a world beater by any means, but against Chelsea he won clearly the most aerial duels(6) in the match according to Whoscored. More than Maguire(3) and Rüdiger(3). One might say Zouma was better with 4 aerial duels won in 45 minutes. Again, not proposing Bailly is a world beater, but when you're essentially saying he's shit, you're simply wrong.
He has always had that odd heading technique (which, to be fair, appears to be a problem of timing as much as physical ability). If you look at his career statistics (rather than a one-off game), you have a guy who wins on average 1.5 aerial duels per game, with a success rate of 60%. This season, 389 of the 498 CBs in Europe's top 5 leagues, have won more aerial duels than that.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Would be very interesting to see Tah and Saliba as the future CBs for Arsenal and both are potentially commanding CBs.

Big risk. I haven't sen any great improvement from him these last two seasons. He's become slower and laborious, for him it maybe will be a good move to go away from Leverkusen and a different environment.

Alabaster Codify7

Wait a minute. Wasn't Poch a huge fan of Grealish at one point in time? Like how Bruno Fernandes was one of Poch's transfer targets as well. Has this been discussed yet? :devil::devil:

I considered that the other day. The players we've signed and are linked with are those who Poch has been linked with in the recent past.....or at least, players he'd be very willing to work with. Definitely something to think about. I still think Ole's moving on in the summer by 'mutual consent' possibly even to DOF type role.

Wan

There's plenty of talented players in Europe that would cost a fraction of that

I'm not convinced Graelish or Maddison are players we should be after - certainly not at those prices.
Being an English club, we will always buy English talents, even if we have to pay a bit more.

Not sure about Maddison, but Grealish is looking very good. We need that kind of players who can ride tackles and get past defenders at will. Him and Sancho would be good signings.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Being an English club, we will always buy English talents, even if we have to pay a but more.

Not sure about Maddison, but Grealish is looking very good. We need that kind of players who can ride tackles and get past defenders at will. Him and Sancho would be good signings.
So many seem so confused by this. But I'm glad we still as an English team want the best English talent, especially when great English prospects are plentiful right now. Much more joy for me personally seeing lots of brilliant English or British players lining up for us.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Big risk. I haven't sen any great improvement from him these last two seasons. He's become slower and laborious, for him it maybe will be a good move to go away from Leverkusen and a different environment.
Arteta and London might just be that environment.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Arteta and London might just be that environment.
Yea. Mustafi is looking like a good defender since Arteta has come in, people forget how much tactics can make a difference in how a player plays. Arteta seems to be a good manager and maybe Tah can succeed there, still a big risk for 40 mil because he isn't established and it's not as if Arsenal have a big budget.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I don't see the obsession with getting Grealish or Maddison when we have just signed Bruno who is naturally a CAM. If anything we need a proper DM and Box-to-Box style CM.

RW would be my priority (Sancho), a CM, Striker then maybe a substitute CAM.
I agree with this post.

Do we really need to sign either player now we have Bruno? I think it would be better if we target a creative box to box player who can control a game which would suit us better. Saul would be great but I'm not sure if it's possible to sign him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Yea. Mustafi is looking like a good defender since Arteta has come in, people forget how much tactics can make a difference in how a player plays. Arteta seems to be a good manager and maybe Tah can succeed there, still a big risk for 40 mil because he isn't established and it's not as if Arsenal have a big budget.
Tbf there's a risk to most transfers. But I think Tah has the attributes and a good coach could bring out the best in him.

Personally my dream CB signing would be Ibrahima Konate from RB Leipzig eventhough he's spent a large part of the season injured.

.mica

Supports
Dortmund

Seems that Arsenal has a growing obsession with mediocre german defenders. Mustafi, and now interest in Tah. 40 Million €? If that happens Leverkusen would laugh their ass of.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seems that Arsenal has a growing obsession with mediocre german defenders. Mustafi, and now interest in Tah. 40 Million €? If that happens Leverkusen would laugh their ass of.
Maybe Arteta feels he can bring out the best in Tah. Or do you think he's a lost cause?

.mica

Supports
Dortmund
Maybe Arteta feels he can bring out the best in Tah. Or do you think he's a lost cause?
I think Tah has no development anymore. And he only will decline in terms of speed and so on. There are plenty of better CB prospects, even in the Bundesliga. He is a solid defender, don't get me wrong, and if you use him porperly he might help your team. But he is far from being the real deal and 40 Million Euros for him would be a great buisness for a Bundesliga Club.

edit: ah there it is. Upamecano is something else... Thats what iam talking about when i say "there are better prospects"

Josep Dowling

Has Tah not developed? He was very highly rated once upon a time.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Tah has no development anymore. And he only will decline in terms of speed and so on. There are plenty of better CB prospects, even in the Bundesliga. He is a solid defender, don't get me wrong, and if you use him porperly he might help your team. But he is far from being the real deal and 40 Million Euros for him would be a great buisness for a Bundesliga Club.

edit: ah there it is. Upamecano is something else... Thats what iam talking about when i say "there are better prospects"
Upamecano is very good indeed but i'd take Ibrahima Konate over him personally to partner Maguire.

GwilDor

He has always had that odd heading technique (which, to be fair, appears to be a problem of timing as much as physical ability). If you look at his career statistics (rather than a one-off game), you have a guy who wins on average 1.5 aerial duels per game, with a success rate of 60%. This season, 389 of the 498 CBs in Europe's top 5 leagues, have won more aerial duels than that.
I’ll stand corrected :wenger:

i can find the pr game stats and calculate the %, but out of curiosity, where do you find the comparison for groups like you’re referring to?

Status
Not open for further replies.