Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pep's Suit

Sane only played like 15 mins of football in last twelve months, one year left on his contract, COVID... Yeah, don't expect him to move for more than €55-60m.

SmallCaine

Don't see much point in pursuing Werner when all points to him wanting only Liverpool
I recall him saying he was a utd fan and wanted to play for us a few years ago but deal didn't happen, so he then turned to I love bayern which also failed, and now it has now morphed into I like liverpool, won't be surprised if we find he loves madrid or juve or psg next summer if liverpool don't sign him this season, which isn't looking likely.

Last edited:

croadyman

He will improve their depth, but not their first team in my opinion. To be honest, it would almost be a relief as I worried they would compete for Sancho.
Yeah if we can see them & Chelsea off for Sancho that would be quite an achievement.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
We had so many chances to throw him in last season as well, mind boggling have we've treated the situation.
Exactly, I can't see how they'd not be surprised at having to convince him to stay. He's not even a benchwarmer.

izec

I expect him to leave. Was easy to predict he would leave if not getting game time. Don't want to big myself up, but i have seen it coming since last summer, where he rocked the pre season and still got overlooked at the same time. Absolute mystery.

RyRy11

I’d rather do that than have a club think they can take the piss. A £35m bid is a good way to sour relationships.
Exactly, £35m is a fair chunk of money to lose out on but it sets a precedent in future transfers. The hard negotiators like Chelsea consistently get great value for the players they sell whereas clubs like United are paying teams to take on players like Sanchez, or are likely to sell Pogba for a cut price fee because we’ve been taken for a ride too many times before.

Cliche Guevara

Bayern can sign Sane on a pre-contract in January can they not?

They probably don’t even need him right now. They are absolutely right with their current valuation. It’s like loads of people don’t think Covid has affected the market at all.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
He hasn’t played all season and Bayern can just wait and will wait if they have to and I doubt Sane will mind waiting either.

It seems unreasonable due to what City paid but if you factor in everything: Covid-19, hasn’t played this season and a contract about to run out...it’s not that bad of a bid.

Walters_19_MuFc

I love Shaw and Williams but imagine having Davies and Wan-Bissaka as our first choice full backs? Wow!

Regards Werner, I just don't see it. I'd much prefer us to give Ighalo another year.

IrishGlen

He hasn’t played all season and Bayern can just wait and will wait if they have to and I doubt Sane will mind waiting either.

It seems unreasonable due to what City paid but if you factor in everything: Covid-19, hasn’t played this season and a contract about to run out...it’s not that bad of a bid.
I wouldn’t think so either. His signing on bonus would be massive. IIRC Emre Can got €13m so a 24 year old Sané would easily surpass that.

Kind of like what City are doing. Sane has driven his own value down. Fine. Enjoy the bench lad. You've earned it.
How has he driven his own value down? He's been injured, hasn't said a word to the media or been openly disrespectful of the club. He clearly wants to go back to Germany and has probably made that clear to the club. Of course it's up to City with what to do to their player, but from my view Sane's done nothing wrong. Compare that to Bernardo Silva who's openly flirted with a return back to Portugal yet noone criticizes him

Teja

We should try go in for him once he's on a free to get some revenge for the Tevez transfer. No idea if he's still any good, but Bayern don't really have a history of signing crocks.

jesperjaap

He will improve their depth, but not their first team in my opinion. To be honest, it would almost be a relief as I worried they would compete for Sancho.
I agree, think Werner is good but not great, just amongst a dearth of real quality young strikers at the moment. I rate Firmino higher than him, much higher than him in fact. Signing a young star I think gives Liverpool more problems, think they need another Origi type, just a better version. Dont believe any intrest from Liverpool in Sancho, why spend there entire budget on a player when they have probably the most cohesive front three in the world at the moment. Think they will sign a central midfielder and that would be about it for them

Status
Not open for further replies.