Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
That would be news to me..
Read the transfer rumour rules on the very first page of this post...

DON'T:
  • Post anything from clear BS accounts.
  • Post anything from clickbait tabloid accounts.
  • Post anything from aggregator sites (Utdreport etc) who don't link to original source and tend to make stuff up for retweets/follows.
  • Post anything that was tweeted more than three days ago. If it wasn't posted before then, nobody cares.
  • Use the thread to argue about the players United are linked with compared to those that a club like City are signing. If you want to moan, make a new thread.
  • Use the thread to moan about people who are moaning.
  • post offtopic comments in the thread. Keep the thread small and simple rather wasting pages on discussion about the quality of the player
  • post more than two tweets per post.
  • post joke/piss take tweets
  • post a non-English tweet without a basic translation

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Read the transfer rumour rules on the very first page of this post...

DON'T:
  • Post anything from clear BS accounts.
  • Post anything from clickbait tabloid accounts.
  • Post anything from aggregator sites (Utdreport etc) who don't link to original source and tend to make stuff up for retweets/follows.
  • Post anything that was tweeted more than three days ago. If it wasn't posted before then, nobody cares.
  • Use the thread to argue about the players United are linked with compared to those that a club like City are signing. If you want to moan, make a new thread.
  • Use the thread to moan about people who are moaning.
  • post offtopic comments in the thread. Keep the thread small and simple rather wasting pages on discussion about the quality of the player
  • post more than two tweets per post.
  • post joke/piss take tweets
  • post a non-English tweet without a basic translation
So it's not a non English transfer rumour but adding a English translation to a non English tweet you're referring to?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
To think Levy could have sold Dier, Rose and Eriksen for around £180m but ended up getting just £17m for Eriksen and the other two became useless squad players.

How people still rave about him is a mystery...
This is so true and am surprised it hasn’t been picked up more. It’s inevitably because the English press still overrate their own players, but Dier, Rose are worth next to nothing now and Alli’s value is falling all the time.

Eriksen and Alderweireld should have been sold with a year to go and they would have gotten 100 million at the very least.

It’s an art that’s not talked about too much, but knowing when to sell is as much of an asset as bringing players in. Ferguson arguably made a few errors but was so good at it and it served us so well over the years.

If he had had sense, he would have capitalized on the inflated values of those players and cashed in. As it was, he botched every single one and now faces selling Kane or Son, or not getting in major cash at all.

croadyman

Would love Kante at United. Never happen though.
Yeah they might have sold us Mata & Matic but think this one definitely falls into the never selling to a direct rival category. I do think he would be better supported in that area at Utd though with the likes of Matic, Fred & McTominay than he is at Chelsea though.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I love Fred but not sure he could replicate what Kante brings to the pure DM role, not to Kante’s level anyway.
He's not a pure DM and never was.

As mad as it sounds, I think I'd pass on Kante.
I have the same feeling, especially after the whole Sanchez thing. Signing underperforming and ageing players that rely so much on their physique for big money... If we were to get a version that Chelsea's got, it would've been an amazing signing. Of course, he's not really suited to the football that Lampard wants to play, but peak Kante would've gotten in regardless of the competition & playing style — and it's not like Jorginho, Kovacic and Mount are playing like Xavi or Iniesta.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Is he still hot shit? Seems weird Bayern would be willing to let him go when he should be in his prime. Versatility and experience would be useful for our relatively young squad I reckon.
He's not the new Paolo Maldini that he was once seen as, but he's been pretty good, especially as a center back lately. He'd be amazing next to Maguire (even though both favour the left side) with his pace and overall mobility, but I doubt that Bayern are going to let him go.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

pretty much confirming Castles is just a mendes mouthpiece. His know it all attitude does my head in when he quite clearly spins news for mendes at points.

RUCK4444

Kante's best years have been in a double pivot at the base of midfield. Alongside Drinkwater at Leicester and then alongside Matic at Chelsea. Under Sarri he got pushed into a box to box role and has never really played as a sole holding midfielder with Jorginho now alongside him. It would be interesting to see him alongside Pogba and Bruno but I'd worry that wed get him just as his legs start to go. We've not done well with older signings.
Yes I agree that would be a concern. Thing is he’s still head and shoulders above many of the alternatives in any sort of defensive midfield role though isn’t he?

Partey? But he’s more limited on the ball.

Depends on the price imo.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Yes I agree that would be a concern. Thing is he’s still head and shoulders above many of the alternatives in any sort of defensive midfield role though isn’t he?

Partey? But he’s more limited on the ball.

Depends on the price imo.
Partey is not limited on the ball

pascell

Hmmm I would say so. Not as dynamic as Kante, more of a basic destroyer, but bloody good at that aspect. Never struck me as a DLP
Watch his performances vs Liverpool in the CL, he's very tidy and composed on the ball, will be a great signing for Arsenal if they sign him. He was my 1st choice for if we were to sign a CM this summer.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Not mad at all.

He’s well past his best.
What is this based on? He's been injured off and on all season. The times when he's been fit he has made a considerable difference to our team. He's not even close to past his best. If deployed in a less advanced area of pitch (and if fit) he's still the same old world class Kante.

If he is sold (and I sure as hell hope he isn't) it'll be solely down to Lampard wanting a different style of midfielder, not because he is on the wane. He'd still be a huge asset to any side. Which is why there's no chance we'd sell to a PL rival.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
What is this based on? He's been injured off and on all season. The times when he's been fit he has made a considerable difference to our team. He's not even close to past his best. If deployed in a less advanced area of pitch (and if fit) he's still the same old world class Kante.

If he is sold (and I sure as hell hope he isn't) it'll be solely down to Lampard wanting a different style of midfielder, not because he is on the wane. He'd still be a huge asset to any side. Which is why there's no chance we'd sell to a PL rival.
Combination of miles on the clock, injuries and being played out of position for two years now, allied to his age, all means I think he’s past his best. It would be a silly purchase for any top PL side to make, especially since you’d have to offer a contract that would take him well into his 30s.

Feed Me

I'm hungry

Also, world class players don’t get so easily discarded.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Combination of miles on the clock, injuries and being played out of position for two years now, allied to his age, all means I think he’s past his best. It would be a silly purchase for any top PL side to make, especially since you’d have to offer a contract that would take him well into his 30s.
I'm going to wait and see how he looks in these last 9 games. If he comes back and gets injured again then you may have a point about mileage on his body taking a toll. But this season has been the first time in his PL career when he's had injuries. He's been a machine for club and country for the last 4 years or so. As someone who watches his every touch I don't think he's nearly over the hill yet.

Mr Smith

Can’t see this after securing Ighalo. I think he’s a good player though.
How long do we have Ighalo for though? Less than half of next season I thought, especially if the season starts later than normal. I also think a lot of people have drastically overestimated how much Ighalo can give us.

I would take Jiminez for a reasonable price. PL proven, good scoring record over the last two years, and strikes me as a player who will age like a fine wine.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Part of me will miss him. Loved watching him burn players. City are losing a serious player.

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
Have there been any estimates on what Sané will cost? Even with just a year left on his contract it's not like City are in need of money and need to sell now. They could do what we did with Hazard and extract a huge fee even in his last contract year or tell Bayern to feck off and wait a year.

And Bayern aren't known for spending mega money on players.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Have there been any estimates on what Sané will cost? Even with just a year left on his contract it's not like City are in need of money and need to sell now. They could do what we did with Hazard and extract a huge fee even in his last contract year or tell Bayern to feck off and wait a year.

That is true, but knowing Bayern, they will play the waiting game, stroll to another BL title next year and then pick up Sané for free. I may be wrong, but Bayern dont seem like the club to be pressured into overpaying.

Ether

Orc

Supports
Chelsea
So yeah, if I were City I'd just say feck off and let him leave on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.