Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

He won’t come here but we should be all over that, mystified why he would be leaving and if Barca are will to let him go. Strange one, seemed to be turning into a class player.
They're reportedly broke, they took a loan from the Government to buy Griezmann apparently and their books aren't looking great.

RUCK4444

They're reportedly broke, they took a loan from the Government to buy Griezmann apparently and their books aren't looking great.
Could all end quite badly if that’s what they are doing to fund players.

They’ve spent some eye watering money on mediocre recruitment over the past couple of years that’s for sure. They make us look shrewd :lol:

croadyman

Just saw whispers that Ole still hasn't decided between Grealish & VDB. Who do you reckon he would prefer out of the two?

They both offer different things to the team but personally I see him going Grealish because Ole knows this league.

-Supreme-

Which is in 12 months time. We'll save on his wages too and this prospective deal could be around £25m for us.
That's really good deal for us considering the current market situation and his age.

We have turned it around when it comes to players sales over the last couple of years

Depay £25m
Schneiderlin £25m
Fellini £12m
Lukaku £70m
Smalling £25m

dove

That's really good deal for us considering the current market situation and his age.

We have turned it around when it comes to players sales over the last couple of years

Depay £25m
Schneiderlin £25m
Fellini £12m
Lukaku £70m
Smalling £25m
No idea where are you getting these fees from but they are not very accurate at all :lol:

gajender

Perhaps Lukaku one is with add-ons included in the price. What are the others that aren't accurate?
We might be getting around €19-20 m including last year loan fee if there was any + current year loan fee if there is any considering media reports how highly Roma rates Smalling they aren't exactly offering big money for him and if you factor in how highly some of our fans rate him it's quite telling Roma seems to be his biggest suitors for such a lowly transfer fee.

Others fees also seems to be quite exaggerated to say the least.

sparx99

We might be getting around €19-20 m including last year loan fee if there was any + current year loan fee if there is any considering media reports how highly Roma rates Smalling they aren't exactly offering big money for him and if you factor in how highly some of our fans rate him it's quite telling Roma seems to be his biggest suitors for such a lowly transfer fee.

Others fees also seems to be quite exaggerated to say the least.
those fees are what were reported at the time. I remember being impressed we got our money back on Depay and Schneiderlin.

NYAS

He plays as an 8 and contributes close to zero in offensive effort, never goes into the box, add to that that Frenkie de Jong is playing in the same position and doing that much better.
Playing Arthur and de Jong together also didn't work out so it is basically one or another with a very easy answer to the question at hand.

Most likely Barca wanting Pjanic is as real as us offering 150 mil for Ansu Fati, but Barca wanting to sell Arthur is very logical.

Nonsense. Not all 8’s play in the same way. How much do you see Modric get in the box?

Also the statement that Frenkie and Arthur “didn’t work out” is laughable especially seeing as how many times it’s been tried and the fact that it was basically their first seasons in the same squad.

Sometimes it’s just as simple as Barca being Barca, a joke in the transfer market. Arthur is exceptional and not many players like him are around.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
this lad is a great passer of the ball. Proper dangerous straight out of defence.

Looks a very bright prospect as far his ability on the ball goes. Very elegant and classy looking player that has a very big frame for 15. He's already taller than all our CBs at 15 years old.:eek:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Seriously, I would take him back. He could be the perfect foil for Maguire.

OK he’s no Varane but better then the rest in our squad. Certainly better than Lindelof.
I do agree but want us to move on now and sign someone who is strong aerially, physically, technically and is someone that will be our alpha CB which we lack currently.

Brophs

The One and Only
I’m not the most avid watcher of Spanish football but every time I’ve watched him Arthur has looked really good. Is there a reason they’d move him on for a much older player?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
What is it with Juve and midfielders? Feels like they sign loads then get rid of them one or two seasons later. Rabiot and Ramsey are already being linked with moves away.

Mr Smith

I’m not the most avid watcher of Spanish football but every time I’ve watched him Arthur has looked really good. Is there a reason they’d move him on for a much older player?
I was thinking the same thing. I thought they were trying to reduce the age of their squad; aren't they looking to offload Rakitic for the same reason? Why pick up a probably past his best Pjanic.

Much better deal for Juventus I'd have said.

Devil may care

I don't get this deal, I mean Arthur can't be on bigger wages than Pjanic, surely.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I’m sure that someone here watches Arthur, daily

Hoof the ball

Fools. Swap a player aged 23, not yet in his prime with a bunch of potential, for a decent player now the wrong side of 30.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
That may have something to do with the non-EU player limit rule in La Liga. At the moment, here are Barcelona's non-EU players: Arthur, Vidal, Suarez, Neto, and Ronald Araujo. Moussa Wagué's another, but he's currently on loan. When Wagué comes back, Barcelona will have to drop one player from their team.

The Arthur exit rumours tell me that Barcelona may still value Suarez and Vidal. They probably don't want to go after another backup keeper (don't know why they exchanged Cillesen in the first place), and they do appear to like both Araujo and Wagué. Since Barcelona are only allowed 3 non-EU players in their matchday squads, Arthur may not be able to make it ahead of Suarez, Vidal, and Neto. If that's the case, then they're probably trying to cut their losses and exchange him for an EU player of the same profile.

This has nothing to do with his ability; Arthur's a great player. However, he's probably being seen as a luxury rather than a necessity. If they really valued him that much, they'd be looking to get him Spanish citizenship.

EDIT: I forgot about Coutinho. Barcelona really did screw up their squad building & management.

Last edited:

Varun1

I reckon the deal will go like this: Barca will get Pjanic + a load of cash. A season or two later, they will get Arthur back at a reduced price.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I've watched him quite a number of times. The only thing he is really good at is evading press and short passes

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Makes no sense to me that

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
That may have something to do with the non-EU player limit rule in La Liga. At the moment, here are Barcelona's non-EU players: Arthur, Vidal, Suarez, Neto, and Ronald Araujo. Moussa Wagué's another, but he's currently on loan. When Wagué comes back, Barcelona will have to drop one player from their team.

The Arthur exit rumours tell me that Barcelona may still value Suarez and Vidal. They probably don't want to go after another backup keeper (don't know why they exchanged Cillesen in the first place), and they do appear to like both Araujo and Wagué. Since Barcelona are only allowed 3 non-EU players in their matchday squads, Arthur may not be able to make it ahead of Suarez, Vidal, and Neto. If that's the case, then they're probably trying to cut their losses and exchange him for an EU player of the same profile.

This has nothing to do with his ability; Arthur's a great player. However, he's probably being seen as a luxury rather than a necessity. If they really valued him that much, they'd be looking to get him Spanish citizenship.

EDIT: I forgot about Coutinho. Barcelona really did screw up their squad building & management.
Suarez has an Italian passport as well. And Coutinho a Portuguese one.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Suarez has an Italian passport as well. And Coutinho a Portuguese one.
Okay, so I found out a bit more about the supposed non-EU players. Almost all of the players that I listed have European passports, and Wagué qualifies as European due to the Cotonou Agreement. The fact that they're letting go of Arthur is quite perplexing now. Do they want someone with more defensive discipline in their deeper midfield roles?

Status
Not open for further replies.