Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Pjanic will be sold for an inflated fee in the coming days and their little accounting wizards will arrange it so it looks good for FFP and annual reports.
Probably won't be the last one of these deals this summer with the massive loss clubs are taking on. I thought the relaxation rules UEFA announced would be enough to avoid this sort of bs, apparently not...

Walters_19_MuFc

If true then surely that means Choudhury/Ndidi could be open to moving? Why would they need all three?
Think Rodgers sees Choudhury as someone who can play both, the 8 and 6 position. Whereas Carvalho would solely be back up to Ndidi as a number 6.

Maddison, Tielemans, Choudhury, Ndidi, Praet, and Carvalho is a good balance.

ReallyUSA

I really hope we have a good, early summer. I want Sancho, but I hope we don't fall into that trap of wasting the window trying to secure it. Woodward, hopefully, just shows the finest the offer the team can give and if it doesn't work, move the feck on.

sparx99

I really hope we have a good, early summer. I want Sancho, but I hope we don't fall into that trap of wasting the window trying to secure it. Woodward, hopefully, just shows the finest the offer the team can give and if it doesn't work, move the feck on.
Why would any team think/believe it’s our best offer though? Sure we could go and buy option 2 but maybe Dortmund would then be sitting there saying we’d have taken that had it been your 3rd/4th offer. It just doesn’t feel like how negotiations work.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I'll laugh my head off if they've given Luiz a new deal.
In fairness what else can Arteta do? He likely knows he isn't getting backed in the transfer market, so the best he can do is knuckle down with what he has and try and train bad habits out of Luiz (this will be fun to watch though).

diarm

There's our midfielder!

Ndombele, Pogba, Bruno with Fred and McTominay swapping in is a serious set of options.

Varun1

Is Ndom any good? Is Jose the issue yet again or idicative of the type of player Ndom is?

Arsenal giving Luiz a 1 year extension, WTF! Desperate times at Arsenal.
I always thought that Wenger didn't have money to spend, rather than being reluctant to spend it. Looks like I was right.

Last edited:

croadyman

If we could get Ndidi, I think he would be a great foil for Matic but it would be very difficult
I would say focus on Sancho & Grealish/VDB this summer,then end of next season let Matic go and sign a DM/DLP.

Still think there is a possibility of a young CB this window too if we can get rid of a couple.

red thru&thru

I would say focus on Sancho & Grealish/VDB this summer,then end of next season let Matic go and sign a DM/DLP.

Still think there is a possibility of a young CB this window too if we can get rid of a couple.
Yea, agree with all that.

In terms of CB, I still hope Axel can make it, if he steers clear of injuries but doesn't look promising. But Mengi should be sent out on loan and competing for a 1st team spot the following year.

Craig Ward

There's our midfielder!

Ndombele, Pogba, Bruno with Fred and McTominay swapping in is a serious set of options.
What has Ndombele done to be so highly regarded?

1 good season in the french league and absolutely bombed at Spurs. Spurs midfield is so weak and he looks a level below anything they've got.

No chance anyone should be rating Ndombele higher than Fred, McTominay or Matic.

Craig Ward

If we sign a CB before a DM we've gone mad.

We need to buy players replacements before they are out the door. We need better quality around midfield

Status
Not open for further replies.