Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinjiNinja26

Chelsea will have a great squad next season if they get this done. Bit worried tbh.
Aye they’ll certainly have a quality attack but their defence is still dog shit, when they sort that out I’ll really start to worry. We just have to make sure we have a better window ourselves. Bring in Sancho plus a CB and maybe a DM and we’re looking good.

cyberman

Far too top heavy. Pep isnt investing 300m in defenders for fun nor did Klopp sign VVD and Allison for fun.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Far too top heavy. Pep isnt investing 300m in defenders for fun nor did Klopp sign VVD and Allison for fun.
Pep also already had players like De Bruyne, Aguero etc when he arrived and Liverpool had Sane, Mane and Firmino in place when they worked on fixing their defense.
I'd argue that it can be easier to carry a team with a great offense than with a great defense. The Atletico's of the world are rare, it's usually easier to assemble a great attack and get by with a shaky defense than the other way around.

theklr

Our defense has indeed been horrendous this season but part of the reason is because of the attack not converting chances. Time and time and time again this season we have dominated matches, failed to score goals during said dominance, and then our defenders shit themselves and concede.

Maybe the thinking from Frank and our club is that if we dramatically improve the attack and capitalize on our dominating of possesion it'll mask our defensive frailties. Similar to what City have done in recent seasons. They've had some awful players in their defense but their attack is so good that it often doesn't matter.
sounds like Arsenals thinking when buying Pepe tbh...

Pav1878

Aye they’ll certainly have a quality attack but their defence is still dog shit, when they sort that out I’ll really start to worry. We just have to make sure we have a better window ourselves. Bring in Sancho plus a CB and maybe a DM and we’re looking good.
Exactly. If anything Chelsea are catching us up with these signings, not pulling ahead. So we need to make sure our window is good enough to keep us ahead in terms of our squad.

They need different things to us this window, so havertz is not a priority for us. Shame though, cos I love watching him play, and love him in a united shirt.

Chelsea will be strong next year, as Lampard is an intelligent manager and knows what they need. He also know sa good player when he sees one. It will be a very competitive top four to six next year

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
He's playing as a midfielder at the moment though.
He’s also not actually a starchy food product but I didn’t let that get in the way of my rubbish joke and neither should you

sparx99

If Chelsea sign Rice and Chilwell along with Havertz, Ziyech and Werner I’d be very surprised. Rice and Chilwell would be £60m-ish and then Havertz at £70-90m.

With what they’ve already done they’d be looking at £260-£280m spent. Admittedly they have the Hazard money and they can sell loads of fringe players but it’s still a shed load of cash.

Plus, they still want a keeper as well.

New GK
Azpilicueta/James
Rice
Tomori
Chilwell

Kante
Kovacic

Ziyech
Havertz
Pulisic

Werner

hubbuh

Since 2018/19 Chelsea have bought Jorginho, Kepa, Pulisic, Kovacic, Ziyech and Werner for £300m. They've sold Courtois, Hazard and Morata for £171m. Why do people keep saying they have the Hazard money?! That money has gone, baby!

sparx99

Since 2018/19 Chelsea have bought Jorginho, Kepa, Pulisic, Kovacic, Ziyech and Werner for £300m. They've sold Courtois, Hazard and Morata for £171m. Why do people keep saying they have the Hazard money?! That money has gone, baby!
Because they sold Hazard last year while they had a transfer ban. They’ve still got whatever is left after selling hazard and buying Werner and Ziyech. Around £30m probably.

I realise they bought Kovacic and Pulisic last summer but I think most would assume that was from a normal summer budget.

hubbuh

Because they sold Hazard last year while they had a transfer ban. They’ve still got whatever is left after selling hazard and buying Werner and Ziyech. Around £30m probably.

I realise they bought Kovacic and Pulisic last summer but I think most would assume that was from a normal summer budget.
They bought Kovacic when they had the transfer ban.

EDIT. It's just a stupid thing to say, at this point. That money has doubtless already been factored in to other deals, the money they are spending at this point is just money coming from their usual coffers! What the feck does Hazard have to do with it!

saivet

Rice at CB would be pretty hilarious
I'm still unsure about him as a midfielder but I don't think he'd be a good signing at CB. Similar to Dier, I think he can fill in there from time to time but I wouldn't want him starting as a CB in a back 4.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
In 2018/19 we only bought Kepa(72m) and Jorginho(52m) in the summer, took Kovacic on loan and bought Pulisic(56m) in January. Also sold Cortouis for 35m plus some other loan army players.
2019/2020 we only bought Kovacic(40m) whiles selling Hazard for nearly 100m (rising to 120 in add-ons) and Morata for 48m.
I'd say Morata's fee pretty much covers Kovacic plus change. So in effect we still have excess Hazard fee plus whatever the rest of 2019/2020 transfer budget was + what next season transfer budget was supposed to be.
Let say Hazard fee covers Werner and Ziyech. We still have room for approx 150m worth of signing + sales from likes of (Bakayoko, Drinkwater,Emerson,Alonso*,Rudiger*,Zouma*,Barkley*, Batshuayi) + already sold Boga, Pasalic and Nathan (10m, 15m and 3m).
Plus Moses, Kennedy etc
We are no where close to being done in the market.

Last edited:

hubbuh

... okay? You've just regurgitated what I already said! Everywhere I've looked (like, 3 websites) has Hazard as £90m, though.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Chelsea's signings seem like they are just signing good players in positions they need without any regard for whether they fit in to their style of play.

jamesjimmybyrondean

I dunno maybe cause they just signed Ziyech who plays a more similar role to Sancho whereas Havertz is more centre attacking? Or maybe Sancho just prefers to go elsewhere.
Ziyech plays attacking AM too. While Sancho can play right. The latter seems likely because they gave up on him very early and immediately moved on to Havertz

jamesjimmybyrondean

Maybe because Havertz is cheaper €100m vs €120m (Sancho) and they have Pulisic, Ziyech, and Hudson-Odoi.
I don't see anybody paying 120m for Sancho. And if that price is non negotiable then Chelsea are smart to have moved on quickly to the next attacker as talented. Something we should do if Dortmund don't budge from their 120m

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
We just chose to go with a much more experienced but a lot cheaper alternative in Ziyech. There is a romantism in building a team of potential world class 19- 20 yr olds but with both William and Pedro leaving what we need more is experienced heads in their prime to replace them, more so as we also have our our 19- 20 yr olds in similar positions( Pulisic and CHO).
What we need more in attacking areas is creativity from central areas. Havertz's height and aerial prowess, I belive, is also playing a role in us targeting him more.

TheReligion

Abusive
Yeah it's like a never ending pot of money. They'll be dining out on the hazard money during the next pandemic I'd imagine.

I swear some of our Chelsea lot have just done their GCSEs (good luck on the maths exam by the way) and live on Football Manager. The notion that they'll be selling every bit of deadwood this summer, so 5/8 players, and using the recouped money (plus the hazard money) to sign another 5-8 players is quite amusing and not in the real world. Even more so post Covid-19.

We just chose to go with a much more experienced but a lot cheaper alternative in Ziyech. There is a romantism in building a team of potential world class 19- 20 yr olds but with both William and Pedro leaving what we need more is experienced heads in their prime to replace them, more so as we also have our our 19- 20 yr olds in similar positions( Pulisic and CHO).
What we need more in attacking areas is creativity from central areas. Havertz's height and aerial prowess, I belive, is also playing a role in us targeting him more.
All reports suggest Sancho prefers a move to United and has agreed personal terms. That's likely put you off if you're honest. It's not by choice.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah it's like a never ending pot of money. They'll be dining out on the hazard money during the next pandemic I'd imagine.

I swear some of our Chelsea lot have just done their GCSEs (good luck on the maths exam by the way) and live on Football Manager. The notion that they'll be selling every bit of deadwood this summer, so 5/8 players, and using the recouped money (plus the hazard money) to sign another 5-8 players is quite amusing and not in the real world. Even more so post Covid-19.

All reports suggest Sancho prefers a move to United and has agreed personal terms. That's likely put you off if you're honest. It's not by choice.
Well I don't play football manager so its pretty much likely I got my ‘5/8 deadwood cleared in one window’ from lurking around these parts for the past two years.
Also in my post I put * against some of the players I listed. Probably should have explained but those are players I think are unlikely to be sold (not this summer anyways).

Also also....all reports from whom exactly? I've not read any credible report suggesting Sancho has made it clear he prefers United and no one else (See Hazard and Real, Sane and Bayern).
Was this supposed agreed terms done before we started negotiating for Ziyech in January? Even if it was, agree terms with teams means nothing really (see Willian and Spurs). He can agree terms with every interested club he wants, who ever pays Dortmund what they want gets him.
Sancho to me looks like the type who would go to whoever pays the most provide they are a top CL team.

Status
Not open for further replies.