Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Sancho, Grealish & Pogba signing a 5 year contract would be a fantastic window
Yes, but I so hope we sign a centre back too, almost the priority to me what with our injuries and lack of real quality there from those that havent been injured

paulscholes18

Yes, but I so hope we sign a centre back too, almost the priority to me what with our injuries and lack of real quality there from those that havent been injured
Yes wouldn’t be against signing the right one,
Ideal world it would be Tuanzebe if he could stay fit.

croadyman

Paul Hirst: The Norwegian wants a right winger, a midfielder and a centre back. Jack Grealish, who plays against United for Aston Villa this evening, is among his targets.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-will-extend-manchester-united-stay-fwc3x0zlr
Well well now
Paul Hirst: The Norwegian wants a right winger, a midfielder and a centre back. Jack Grealish, who plays against United for Aston Villa this evening, is among his targets.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-will-extend-manchester-united-stay-fwc3x0zlr
Hmmm interesting that he disagrees with his colleagues Whitwell & Ducker on Utd's midfield plans this window.

Maybe we need a tag match between Hirst & Cooper v Ducker & Whitwell to settle it once and for all.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
What do you think will be the result of the City ban next week just out of interest
Depends very much on how long the ban will be eventually, doesn't it. If it's upheld for the full two years I could see a number of players, especially those approaching 30 like KdB, looking to move on.
what happens to Kimmich and Goretzka?
Kimmich is our DM workhorse, he'd still be indispensible. Then we have several (defensive) midfielders who are likely to leave this season or the next in Martinez, Thiago, and Tolisso. Seems like we'll need some replacements anyway, so Goretzka would also still be needed.

izec

Wait theres a chance this actually happens ?
You will have a free run at him, since Real probably won't pay the 90m and Bayern want him for next season, while he wants a move now. So looks like a perfect scenario. Same with us and Sancho, this summer looks pretty good for a move and we seem the only real candidates here.

Pep's Suit

Seems obvious both Havertz and Sancho will move now. Quite depressing for BuLi but will be great to see them in PL. Guess each will eventually cost €75-95m incl. add-ons.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Nothing says long term more than Sancho to be fair.
Solskjær: "There's got to be realism [about transfers]. I think the whole world has changed both financially and the perception that we've got on values. Every time I put the case in front of Ed I think it's a sensible one and it's a realistic one." #mulive [sky]

And then this quote comes. I don't think that we will spend 90mil on player.

Judas

Open to offers
Solskjær: "There's got to be realism [about transfers]. I think the whole world has changed both financially and the perception that we've got on values. Every time I put the case in front of Ed I think it's a sensible one and it's a realistic one." #mulive [sky]

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm pretty sure we will.

TheReligion

Abusive

Perhaps we won't but it sure looks like we'll be getting Sancho.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Well well now

Hmmm interesting that he disagrees with his colleagues Whitwell & Ducker on Utd's midfield plans this window.

Maybe we need a tag match between Hirst & Cooper v Ducker & Whitwell to settle it once and for all.
Didn't the others just say the CB is a bigger priority than CM? Rather than saying they won't go for a CM all together?
I think if Villa go down and Grealish is on his way out, we may just tie him up if the price is right regardless. Same for a player like Ake with Bournemouth. Both these players can probably be brought in for <40m all in.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
You're entitled to your opinion, but I'm pretty sure we will.
Why? Don't get me wrong, i would be over the moon if we get him but i am not optimistic like you. That 100 mil price tag scares me. Give me some of your hope please :) .

Pep's Suit

Why? Don't get me wrong, i would be over the moon if we get him but i am not optimistic like you. That 100 mil price tag scares me. Give me some of your hope please :) .
I think in the end Dortmund will sell for less - €75m+10 in add-ons or so. Would be enough for them to cover 2-3 signings in this market.

jesperjaap

Yes wouldn’t be against signing the right one,
Ideal world it would be Tuanzebe if he could stay fit.
Agree, Tuanzabe style wise seems the best partner for Maguire we have, just wish we could see a run of games to see if he is good enough for the role

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I think in the end Dortmund will sell for less - €75m+10 in add-ons or so. Would be enough for them to cover 2-3 signings in this market.
Burki is a pretty average gk. I said one time that i would offer them Henderson and 30 mil. They get money for another future attacking star and long term first choice gk. We can throw 10mil extra through some bonus fees.
But Ed just refuse to listen to me :lol:

croadyman

Depends very much on how long the ban will be eventually, doesn't it. If it's upheld for the full two years I could see a number of players, especially those approaching 30 like KdB, looking to move on.

Kimmich is our DM workhorse, he'd still be indispensible. Then we have several (defensive) midfielders who are likely to leave this season or the next in Martinez, Thiago, and Tolisso. Seems like we'll need some replacements anyway, so Goretzka would also still be needed.
Yeah i just cannot call how this verdict is going to go. I wouldn't be surprised if they got it suspended for a year to sort out finances.

croadyman

Didn't the others just say the CB is a bigger priority than CM? Rather than saying they won't go for a CM all together?
I think if Villa go down and Grealish is on his way out, we may just tie him up if the price is right regardless. Same for a player like Ake with Bournemouth. Both these players can probably be brought in for <40m all in.
Pretty sure they both said that Grealish was only being targeted if Pogba left this summer

croadyman

Agree, Tuanzabe style wise seems the best partner for Maguire we have, just wish we could see a run of games to see if he is good enough for the role
Looked like he was going to get that break against Liverpool last October until that injury in warm up

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Pretty sure they both said that Grealish was only being targeted if Pogba left this summer
I think he'd still be targeted if Villa get relegated and we cleared out a couple players.
If we sold Lingard and one of Periera/Mata then there is room for Grealish even if Pogba stays.

Adamsk7

I really think Grealish is a priority. One injury to Pogba or Bruno and we are back to square one on the creativity front. We have three good/very good defensive midfielders in Matic/Fred/McT (yes I know the latter two aren’t real DMs but they certainly don’t add much in the way of playmaking and goals so!) but only two players that can really unlock defences and score from a midfield position. We need that extra player to rotate, just like we need that extra player up top (Sancho) to rotate in the front three positions.

Both of those players will push our current starters and provide competition and back up when needed. It’s that sort of squad that the very best teams have and there are plenty of games to keep everyone happy because we won’t be playing Lingard, Pereira, Mata (to a lesser extent, I still like him), James etc.

If we’re starting a game and it’s Grealish instead of Pogba or Bruno due to injury or form, I’ll be much happier than seeing Jesse or Andreas!

croadyman

I really think Grealish is a priority. One injury to Pogba or Bruno and we are back to square one on the creativity front. We have three good/very good defensive midfielders in Matic/Fred/McT (yes I know the latter two aren’t real DMs but they certainly don’t add much in the way of playmaking and goals so!) but only two players that can really unlock defences and score from a midfield position. We need that extra player to rotate, just like we need that extra player up top (Sancho) to rotate in the front three positions.

Both of those players will push our current starters and provide competition and back up when needed. It’s that sort of squad that the very best teams have and there are plenty of games to keep everyone happy because we won’t be playing Lingard, Pereira, Mata (to a lesser extent, I still like him), James etc.

If we’re starting a game and it’s Grealish instead of Pogba or Bruno due to injury or form, I’ll be much happier than seeing Jesse or Andreas!
I expect these links to him will pick up again if Villa get relegated and after we have sold some players too

Adamsk7

I expect these links to him will pick up again if Villa get relegated and after we have sold some players too
Agreed. We are probably just playing cool on the situation because we hold all the cards currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.