Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReligion

Abusive
Well I don't play football manager so its pretty much likely I got my ‘5/8 deadwood cleared in one window’ from lurking around these parts for the past two years.
Also in my post I put * against some of the players I listed. Probably should have explained but those are players I think are unlikely to be sold (not this summer anyways).

Also also....all reports from whom exactly? I've not read any credible report suggesting Sancho has made it clear he prefers United and no one else (See Hazard and Real, Sane and Bayern).
Was this supposed agreed terms done before we started negotiating for Ziyech in January? Even if it was, agree terms with teams means nothing really (see Willian and Spurs). He can agree terms with every interested club he wants, who ever pays Dortmund what they want gets him.
Sancho to me looks like the type who would go to whoever pays the most provide they are a top CL team.
There's plenty of stuff on the internet about Sancho and Chelsea realising he wasn't interested hence looking at other targets. It was quite widely reported that Chelsea believe he's going to United. It's not difficult to find.

NYAS

I know another place with loads of German NT players, you prat. (Havertz, not @Rolaholic :P )
I’m surprised your board is going to let him slip. After all the huff and puff about “we missed out on KDB and Sane, we don’t want it to happen again”...well looks like it will.

Not convinced by any covid argument either, he’s a player you take a loan out for if you’re Bayern. Disappointing after all that talk.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I’m surprised your board is going to let him slip. After all the huff and puff about “we missed out on KDB and Sane, we don’t want it to happen again”...well looks like it will.

Not convinced by any covid argument either, he’s a player you take a loan out for if you’re Bayern. Disappointing after all that talk.
Paying 100m for a player who'd struggle to get in our first 11?
If you want to get the best out of Havertz, you have to put him on Müller's position. Havertz is still ways off when it gets to matching Müller's effectiveness, his presence and his commanding role in our pressing game.
Havertz hatched 2 or 3 years too early for our needs, simple as. I'm fine with him joining Chelsea, if they really splash the cash

NYAS

Paying 100m for a player who'd struggle to get in our first 11?
If you want to get the best out of Havertz, you have to put him on Müller's position. Havertz is still ways off when it gets to matching Müller's effectiveness, his presence and his commanding role in our pressing game.
Havertz hatched 2 or 3 years too early for our needs, simple as. I'm fine with him joining Chelsea, if they really splash the cash
I’m aware of his assists this season however he’s turning 31 in a couple of months.

Also as I said in my post, all the talk coming from your club and fan-base was that you didn’t want to make the KDB/Sane mistake. That doesn’t really have anything to do with individual performances in your team, or your needs, that has to do with a world-class German talent, or a rare talent in the Bundesliga (in the case of KDB)... a category of player that Bayern and people connected to the club basically view as their birthright.

I’m just challenging the talk that was coming out of your own club; in regular circumstances I would agree (for example, I wouldn’t push to get Havertz as a United supporter, given our current squad).

Suv666

I hope Chelsea dont land Havertz. Their attack would be really scary.

Wayne's World

Still think Chelsea need quite alot of signings defensively. LB is a huge concern and has been for awhile and I'd only classified Rudiger as their only decent back, the rest of them are pretty hopeless.

And If they sign Declan Rice they have automatically been ruled out of a title challenge for me. Absolute dogshit that lad who would be no improvement to them

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I’m aware of his assists this season however he’s turning 31 in a couple of months.
There's so much more to him than just his assists, as I've aready said. He's physically robust, rarely ever picks up an injury, and doesn't live off his pace. He's got easily another 2-3 seasons on his current level.

Also as I said in my post, all the talk coming from your club and fan-base was that you didn’t want to make the KDB/Sane mistake. That doesn’t really have anything to do with individual performances in your team, or your needs, that has to do with a world-class German talent, or a rare talent in the Bundesliga (in the case of KDB)... a category of player that Bayern and people connected to the club basically view as their birthright.
Neither Sane nor KDB were mistakes back then. We couldn't offer Sane the minutes, and we weren't able to match City's offer for KDB. Going after big talents is great, but you have to make sure you can slot them in properly.
Paying 100m for a player to become a real factor 2 or 3 years down the road isn't something the club can afford. We could end up having way more pressing matters very soon, if Thiago and/or Alaba should leave.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

KdB will probably always be the one who got away, but I think we got Sané still at a reasonable age (all under the condition that he makes a full comeback to his form pre-injury).
While losing Havertz to a rich EPL club isn't great, it might just be that the time is not right for him at Bayern, with the squad we have and the slots that need filling. I'd certainly prefer if we'd sign him and loan him out, even to Chelsea, but that's not a thing Bayern are known to do routinely, as opposed to Chelsea or City.

NYAS

There's so much more to him than just his assists, as I've aready said. He's physically robust, rarely ever picks up an injury, and doesn't live off his pace. He's got easily another 2-3 seasons on his current level.

Neither Sane nor KDB were mistakes back then. We couldn't offer Sane the minutes, and we weren't able to match City's offer for KDB. Going after big talents is great, but you have to make sure you can slot them in properly.
Paying 100m for a player to become a real factor 2 or 3 years down the road isn't something the club can afford. We could end up having way more pressing matters very soon, if Thiago and/or Alaba should leave.
So it looks like you don’t subscribe to the idea that you “let them slip”. In that case, we don’t disagree about anything! My point simply that you cannot consider KDB/Sane as mistakes and Havertz as not.

KdB will probably always be the one who got away, but I think we got Sané still at a reasonable age (all under the condition that he makes a full comeback to his form pre-injury).
While losing Havertz to a rich EPL club isn't great, it might just be that the time is not right for him at Bayern, with the squad we have and the slots that need filling. I'd certainly prefer if we'd sign him and loan him out, even to Chelsea, but that's not a thing Bayern are known to do.
I was actually thinking earlier that I could see Bayern playing the contract game like they did with Sane. Get Kai at 25 years old and fulfill the prophecy. Müller will be done by then.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc: “If Jadon should go, we would work again in the offensive area. There are certainly one or two players we are targeting.” [Kicker via@FT_Redaktion]

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Borussia Dortmund sporting director Michael Zorc: “If Jadon should go, we would work again in the offensive area. There are certainly one or two players we are targeting.” [Kicker via@FT_Redaktion]
:keano:

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We will agree around 70 + 20. That 70 will split into couple of years.

macheda14

That right there is the closest thing to an indication that this might really be happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.