Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentP

Inter are not going to pay 80m pounds for Lukaku. They already have Icardi so it's not even a position that they need to address urgently.

Sanche7

Didn't Stone say he had a feeling about De Ligt or something?
Why is Simon Stone 'assuming' and 'feeling' things? He works for one of the biggest news outlets in the world and he covers one of the biggest clubs in the world. He should do better than just guessing. None of these journalists know shite about what's going on at United, all they can do is assume. In fact in the above tweet he seems more sure about what's happening at Inter than at United

Football journalists and agents are just stealing a living. The former just makes up shite and gets paid for doing so and the latter.. well what on earth does agents do? Talk shite I guess

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Would love this to be the case. We scored 65 goals in the league this season. Pogba the highest scorer with 13 goals in the league (7 pens, 3 missed). Fernandes scored 20 league goals (8 pens, 2 missed). The goalscoring burden needs desperately to be more shared in our team.

YzWayne

Becoming a pattern in recent years, we beat City for pretty much every signing. Of course they take revenge by beating us pretty much every time we play.:lol:
Moral of the story is? Don't buy City targeted players anymore so we can beat them on the pitch.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Of course. In terms of outlay, it's less for Inter. 2 years on a 400K deal is 40M. We'd surely wave a fee. Whereas Lukaku, for 75M plus his wages would be far north of 100M. The more sensible move of course, but in terms of figures, the far more expensive deal.
Lukaku would sign a 5 year deal though. Let's say 75m(no way inter can pay this much btw) plus 12m in wages for 5 years, rounds up to 27m a year for them. Pretty much the same as Alexis 25m a year, but for a younger player and with resale value

Nick7

Didn't Stone say he had a feeling about De Ligt or something?
Why is Simon Stone 'assuming' and 'feeling' things? He works for one of the biggest news outlets in the world and he covers one of the biggest clubs in the world. He should do better than just guessing. None of these journalists know shite about what's going on at United, all they can do is assume. In fact in the above tweet he seems more sure about what's happening at Inter than at United

Football journalists and agents are just stealing a living. The former just makes up shite and gets paid for doing so and the latter.. well what on earth does agents do? Talk shite I guess
What are you talking about? Just because Stone works for BBC doesn't mean the club has talked to him about De Ligt. If his sources aren't saying anything about it he has no information. That's not stealing a living, that's just how journalism works. No sources, no story.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Lukaku would sign a 5 year deal though. Let's say 75m(no way inter can pay this much btw) plus 12m in wages for 5 years, rounds up to 27m a year for them. Pretty much the same as Alexis 25m a year, but for a younger player and with resale value
Sure, but the key factor there is a transfer fee.

Sanche7

What are you talking about? Just because Stone works for BBC doesn't mean the club has talked to him about De Ligt. If his sources aren't saying anything about it he has no information. That's not stealing a living, that's just how journalism works. No sources, no story.
Then why is he tweeting saying things like assuming and feeling? If you have no info then don't say anything about it

Nick7

Then why is he tweeting saying things like assuming and feeling? If you have no info then don't say anything about it
It's his opinion. Journalists aren't robots, and they assume people reading can understand context.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sure, but the key factor there is a transfer fee.
Yeah. But for Inter it still makes more sense to target Lukaku, financially. Mostly on the basis that even without a transfer fee, it makes no sense for them to fork out 25m a year in wages to a 31 year old, especially one coming off a horrible last 2 years, for 2-3 years.

Marcelinho87

How can anyone compare Glazers to Kroenke? Glazer are ambitious and are giving us money each season to spend. This year it's apparently 200-250M Pounds. Over the last years , we are one of the highest net spenders around Europe. We just didn't use the cash right.

Kroenke is just sucking Arsenal dry, he just wants to earn money.
This is where the Glazers dupe fans.

They only put money in when they corporate interests come under fire.

If we had got top 4 guarantee we wouldn't spend big.

Sanche7

It's his opinion. Journalists aren't robots, and they assume people reading can understand context.
Is that what journalists are supposed to do? Share their opinions on transfers based on their assumptions and feelings? How is that journalism? I could have written that tweet

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yeah. But for Inter it still makes more sense to target Lukaku, financially. Mostly on the basis that even without a transfer fee, it makes no sense for them to fork out 25m a year in wages to a 31 year old, especially one coming off a horrible last 2 years, for 2-3 years.
I did say that in my first post. Makes more sense. But if you don't have enough money, you don't have enough money. I don't think there is anyone they can shift to us bar Skriniar to lessen the fee, and why would they do that?

Maybe the likeliest scenario is instalments over 2-3 years. I just don't see them buying him for what we spent.

Nick7

Is that what journalists are supposed to do? Share their opinions on transfers based on their assumptions and feelings? How is that journalism? I could have written that tweet
Good for you, mate. Your critical thinking skills are a bit lacking though so I wouldn't go applying to the BBC just yet. You might get there eventually though.

Pavl3n

Kronke did not bury the club in 800m debt, and pay another billion on that debt.
You clearly have no idea of how finances work.
How much was the debt give years ago and how much is the debt now?
I am not sure myself but I'll bet that it's the same - £350m.
Now how many quality players could you buy with that money today and 5 years ago?
Give it another 5 years and players of the quality of Mbappe, Hazard and co will cost £250m easily.
Glazers are just paying minimal installment waiting on inflation to eat up the debt. Until the day comes a player of the quality of Lukaku will cost as much as the debt.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
What a load of crap. They have one of the highest cash reserves in football. Have the new Adidas deal kicking in next season and generated healthy amount of EBITDA last season again without champions league.

Anyway if they do what they do best by unearthing some gems, they could challenge for top 4 next season, I wouldn’t have the faith in us to do so even if we spend far far more than them.
I reckon this is the main reason Arsenal find themselves short of funds at the moment:

Kostov

Would love this to be the case. We scored 65 goals in the league this season. Pogba the highest scorer with 13 goals in the league (7 pens, 3 missed). Fernandes scored 20 league goals (8 pens, 2 missed). The goalscoring burden needs desperately to be more shared in our team.
We won’t get 25 penalties next season though.

cyberman

Now how many quality players could you buy with that money today and 5 years ago?
Give it another 5 years and players of the quality of Mbappe, Hazard and co will cost £250m easily.
Glazers are just paying minimal installment waiting on inflation to eat up the debt. Until the day comes a player of the quality of Lukaku will cost as much as the debt.
But not having a debt would cost us more in terms of taxes etc?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Players values will stay the same for the foreseeable, in 5 years I'd imagine football will of had its bust and prices of players will fall.
Glazers have put the bare minimum of their own money in for transfers, most of the cash is generated by the club.
Why do you think transfers were reigned in a bit last season?!
Why do you think it's being reigned in this season?!
Lack of disposable income is hindering things.

Shaidabdullah Hussain

That happened to me in the pogba thread a few years ago. I firmly declared we weren't signing him and that it was all media driven bollocks and within about 2 or 3 hours we'd signed him. I pooh-poohed it, but it turned out my pooh-pooh was the pooh-pooh. Since then I've had to live with that stigma. All because of pooh-pooh.
Us Pooh-poohers, using our black magic tactics and sacrificing our reputation on an online forum for the good of our club. We are the true heroes!

Giggsyking

Excuse me sir, it doesnt need an economy expert. They have taken for dividends and payed on the debt interest (that they created) 1 billion pounds. Imagine what would Sir Alex could have done with that money.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
What is that? Looks like Sea world or something.
Stan Kroenke owned LA Rams new stadium/complex that is apparently nearly 4 times the size of Disneyland and is costing at least $5 billion though Kroenke has refused to confirm how much exactly or how it's being funded.

Status
Not open for further replies.