Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArjenIsM3

Players like Dalot, Chong, Tuanzebe to name a few will not benefit from being in the squad as depth. Do you think Chong is anymore ready to be involved than he was a year ago? Dalot was suppose to be one of the top prospects when we bought him and the RB of the future, 1 year later, we’re buying his replacement after 20 appearances. Young should be the backup and Dalot given an legitimate opportunity. If he fails then replace him, but doing so before he’s even had a real chance is counterproductive to our buying youth strategy.
We're not buying Dalot's replacement. Dalot was brought in to replace Valencia. Young and Darmian are both leaving too (within a year) so we desperately need another RB. An experienced one at that. One that can help Dalot develop. Say we buy Meunier, here's what our situation will be in 2020:

LB: Shaw, Dalot, Laird?
RB: Meunier, Dalot, Laird?

Dalot will make plenty of appearances to continue his development while not being thrown in at the deep end.

United_We_Stand

"Zidane's Pogba desires delay move for Eriksen
Signing Eriksen is more feasible...
But Zidane is leaning towards Pogba, rather than Eriksen, which is delaying Madrid from opening discussions, as he's still not entirely convinced by the Spursstar.
The economic difference between the two is huge. Pogba arrived at Old Traffordfor over 100 million euros, so he won't leave for anything under 140 million euros, while Eriksen could leave London for around 60 million euros.
Donny van de Beek is another option"

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2019/05/31/5cf10b2f22601d16108b460d.html

RobbieBerns

Am I missing something with regards to Meunier and Arsenal? They already have Bellerin and Maitland-Niles, are low on cash, and have other areas they need to strengthen.

If this is a ploy from PSG to get more money from us, or even just to push things along at a faster pace, there are certainly more believable links and claims they could make.

OleGunnar20

We're not buying Dalot's replacement. Dalot was brought in to replace Valencia. Young and Darmian are both leaving too (within a year) so we desperately need another RB. An experienced one at that. One that can help Dalot develop. Say we buy Meunier, here's what our situation will be in 2020:

LB: Shaw, Dalot, Laird?
RB: Meunier, Dalot, Laird?

Dalot will make plenty of appearances to continue his development while not being thrown in at the deep end.
This is how I see it, and why I'm heavily in favour of Meunier above AWB.

Great for the medium term, allowing two highly rated prospects in Dalot and Laird to Duke it out for the starting role, perfect.

Definitely need another body at LB though, Tierney maybe? Haven't kept track of him this year but he was all the rage last summer.

God I can't wait to see the last of Young.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If he was going for cheap and willing to take a wage cut I'd love for Klopp to have a go at getting the best out of him.

He was an incredible player at Madrid when Mourinho was getting some running out of him.

Sanche7

If Meunier is available with PSG willing to sell, I really don't understand what the delay is. Looks like he would love to come here and he won't cost much. He's proven at the highest level and is very good going forward. He's also the right age. He ticks a lot of boxes if you ask me.

The only reason I can think of that could be delaying this deal is because we are looking at another RB, probably AWB. Don't think getting a RB with just one good season who's meh going forward and poor technically for 50 million plus is the best thing for us to do, but looks like that's what is happening

Orange Tree

If Meunier is available with PSG willing to sell, I really don't understand what the delay is. Looks like he would love to come here and he won't cost much. He's proven at the highest level and is very good going forward. He's also the right age. He ticks a lot of boxes if you ask me.

The only reason I can think of that could be delaying this deal is because we are looking at another RB, probably AWB. Don't think getting a RB with just one good season who's meh going forward and poor technically for 50 million plus is the best thing for us to do, but looks like that's what is happening
Pretty much. Get one position sorted early. We still need to invest in CB,CM, RW, and probably CF.

Alabaster Codify7

Surely,being a United fan, cheap and better than ALL of our current options....Meunier ticks all the boxes for being 'the United way'?

Unless of course, TUW actually means English veterans currently at the club that will save the board money which given the contract extensions being dished out......

NJM78

I'm going to lose my shit if we do not buy a right back this window. Doubt any of you give a flying feck but I'm just letting you all know.

RedCurry

If he was going for cheap and willing to take a wage cut I'd love for Klopp to have a go at getting the best out of him.

He was an incredible player at Madrid when Mourinho was getting some running out of him.
That would be a good move for you guys. The German connection would obviously help. But I can't somehow picture Ozil doing all that pressing Klopp demands from his midfielders.

Suedesi

Neither points are relevant.

Coutinho is quality, end of.

Are we serious contenders for De Ligt? or just being used to drive up the price....
Correction: Coutinho was class. He no longer is, and if you've seen more than 5 Barca games it would have been apparent. Alexis Sanchez is another example who withered at the grand old age of 28.

Yes, I think we are contenders for De Ligt, and why wouldn't we - we're still a massive club, have financial muscle and seem to have a working relationship with Raiola.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
That would be a good move for you guys. The German connection would obviously help. But I can't somehow picture Ozil doing all that pressing Klopp demands from his midfielders.
I think he needs a kick up the arse.

Lee565

30 million euros plus a 30 year old Perisic does not add up no where near to a deal worth 70 million pounds, why even entertain continuing negotiations with them for such an intelligence insulting offer

Nickosaur

Cilessen is better than some of you are giving credit for.

Not worth that much obviously, and I'm not sure he's worth bringing in until we've seen how Henderson does in the PL, but he's far better than Romero.

KC91

Not sure why Inter would pay that money for Lukaku. Even if they get rid of Icardi, they still have Martinez who is promising, and are rumoured to be bringing it Dzeko. Surely that would be enough.

NJM78

Would anyone take Perisic or is it a firm no from everyone? Obviously with more cash than 30m euros.

Status
Not open for further replies.