g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Los Angeles Stadium, Hollywood Park
Stan Kroenke owned LA Rams new stadium/complex that is apparently nearly 4 times the size of Disneyland and is costing at least $5 billion though Kroenke has refused to confirm how much exactly or how it's being funded.
Looks amazing - when is it opening?

Arsenal won't have any money for transfers anytime soon if Kroneke is using their money to fund it.

Phil

Just a reminder A Bola is an unreliable daily in Portugal.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Looks amazing - when is it opening?

Arsenal won't have any money for transfers anytime soon if Kroneke is using their money to fund it.
It's supposed to open in August 2020 so long as it's on schedule.

Sanche7

Good for you, mate. Your critical thinking skills are a bit lacking though so I wouldn't go applying to the BBC just yet. You might get there eventually though.
No need for personal insults, 'mate'

Kapardin

How can anyone compare Glazers to Kroenke? Glazer are ambitious and are giving us money each season to spend. This year it's apparently 200-250M Pounds. Over the last years , we are one of the highest net spenders around Europe. We just didn't use the cash right.

Kroenke is just sucking Arsenal dry, he just wants to earn money.
Its' not about funding money. Firstly, that itself isn't enough. The Glazers (or Ed) have limited our budget to 150 million-200 million in recent summers and want Darmian and co. to be sold for a particular price before sanctioning extra signings. Fact is, nobody is willing to pay even 10 million for the likes of Darmian or Rojo, but our owners are adamant to get a good price for him and hold up on extra signings. This method won't be enough to compete with City or Liverpool because our squad is already well behind them, we need to be willing to take losses on deadwood and sanction additional signings.

Secondly, even if we concede the Glazers sanction huge spending, we don't have a structure to spend it wisely, leading to the mess we see now. So basically, Kroenke's stinginess and the Glazers' so-called generosity lead to the same 5th-6th place for both clubs. That makes them as bad as Kroenke, its' only the method that varies.

Craig Ward

Yeah, let's free up Barca's salary cap and give them some transfer money so they can afford De Ligt.

Let's buy Gareth Bale, while we're at it, he can play 5-6 games a season at a high level...
Neither points are relevant.

Coutinho is quality, end of.

Are we serious contenders for De Ligt? or just being used to drive up the price....

Wayne's World

One thing I have learned so far from this transfer window is Portuguese newspapers/tabloids are a bunch of liars and haven't a clue what is going on with clubs outside of Portugal...

I'd nearly go as far as saying that both us and City aren't interested in Fernandes at all...

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Nothing has happened, but it gets a few clicks if you write nothing has happened, I guess.

Hazard has already signed for Madrid, hasn't he? No? Wait, what?

And Griezemann , already moved to Barca, and De Ligt too, all done aren't they? No?

But Pogba is waiting patiently and hasn't said a fecking word, but let's write a story about it. Wouldn't blame him for leaving, he's being hounded out of the club.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Will be quiet these next few days. The journalists will be too busy covering the Champions League final to be making up transfer rumours.

redshaw

Herrera hasn't been officially announced yet by PSG I don't think. All we have is reports and tweets that it is them.

Based Adnan

Have we been reliably linked to any RWs apart from Sancho?

Feel like we're gonna spend all summer chasing a lost cause in Sancho and end up with Lingard playing RW next season

Flytan

Ah, didn't know that he was one of these attention whores.
He's in the middle of a tournament and he's an "attention whore" for taking due time to decide a life changing decision and he's an attention whore.

My god people are so salty sometimes. If he announces it via tweet or documentary, then sure, he's an attention whore.

Smores

Cos we never win anything ever.

And definitely not in recent years.
I don't think he's salivating at the thought of our league cup or europa cup somehow. Win things means league titles or champs league.

NJM78

I'm keeping my watchful eye on whether this club will royally feck this transfer window. How long do I have left...79 days.

Loads of time for Ed and co to sit this doubter down.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
That Telegraph article is really encouraging.

Particularly the bit about the view in Holland being that if he really wants to become the best defender in the world he has to experience the PL. :devil:

Moiraine

Nobody knows sh!te to be honest. All media outlets are reporting only on guess work and rumor.

I will only read news from Official Sites to be honest. The Muppet inside me has died :(

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don't think he's salivating at the thought of our league cup or europa cup somehow. Win things means league titles or champs league.
Never won those either.

reddevil702

Actually we can do that. Football is not just about starting 11, it's about having a squad depth that helps in dealing with situation like bad form, injuries and suspensions.

If we don't sign a RB and any of the above three things happen then we will have to see Young in starting 11 again. I don't know about you but I don't want him anywhere near starting 11.

But I do agree with your idea of youth but apart from the obvious talent like De ligt, it will be huge risk if we give them starting spot immediately. We should sign young players or upgrade youth academy players to give them squad role and if they perform well then they should be given extended run in the staring 11.
Players like Dalot, Chong, Tuanzebe to name a few will not benefit from being in the squad as depth. Do you think Chong is anymore ready to be involved than he was a year ago? Dalot was suppose to be one of the top prospects when we bought him and the RB of the future, 1 year later, we’re buying his replacement after 20 appearances. Young should be the backup and Dalot given an legitimate opportunity. If he fails then replace him, but doing so before he’s even had a real chance is counterproductive to our buying youth strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.