Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
I struggle to believe the Liverpool links, they'd never pay the money or wages required.

Probably would give up on football for awhile if he went there though.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I struggle to believe the Liverpool links, they'd never pay the money or wages required.

Probably would give up on football for awhile if he went there though.
I thought Ajax was only asking around €60m for him? We could easily afford that since we're not going to do a lot of business this offseason.

He'd earn around, or maybe slightly less than £150k per week at Liverpool, I'd imagine - I don't know if that's in line with Raiola's expectations but probably not.

Judas

Open to offers
I thought Ajax was only asking around €60m for him? We could easily afford that since we're not going to do a lot of business this offseason.

He'd earn around, or maybe slightly less than £150k per week at Liverpool, I'd imagine - I don't know if that's in line with Raiola's expectations but probably not.
Giving Raiola a ridiculous wedge of cash doesn't seem like something you'd do though, which I think is going to be one of the biggest hurdles for any club trying to get this deal done. We're clearly the most desperate.

Dolf

You can afford De Ligt but you can't afford Raiola. That's why I dont believe Raiola is pushing him to Liverpool.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Bild in Germany threw Liverpool's name in there. Then Sport.es picked it up and ran with it. Sport.es has a journo called Albert Roge who is highly credible. If the article isn't from him, then I would ignore.

cloyton

God could you imagine if De Ligt joined Liverpool? We would NEVER hear the end of it :/ .. Maybe the VVD link will sway him that way

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
De Ligt is a serious player, but with a fully fit Joe Gomez, there’s not really much need to purchase him.

They’d be better going for a slightly older proven CB to deputise.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I understand having 2 players vying for a position. However, the incoming player has to be up for the challenge and in many cases would look at the competition ahead of them prior to signing. More so young quality international players likes of Tierney.
Yeah, I'm not saying it would be an obvious choice for him. Maybe he'd prefer to join Brent at Leicester knowing he'd play every game. But I still think he'd have a lot of games at United and he could also become better than Shaw.

We have many other positions to strengthen though, ones that we barely even have one capable player. With LB, we at least have the luxury of a capable starting player. If we want to get some competition for that spot, then we've got to be more shrewd. We are meant to be building a team for the long term afterall.
That's exactly why I think we should go for him.

VanGaalEra

Giving Raiola a ridiculous wedge of cash doesn't seem like something you'd do though, which I think is going to be one of the biggest hurdles for any club trying to get this deal done. We're clearly the most desperate.
Liverpool paid the most agent fees last year.

Diablodave

Liverpool paid the most agent fees last year.
There's a reason for that. They apparently allow agents to get involved with negotiations for players exiting sponsorship deals and entering new ones when leaving a previous club and joining Liverpool.

eg.
Club have deal with Nivea Men. New signing has personal deal with Gillette courtesy of his agent. Club negotiate the buy out with agent, who buys him out of their contract with Gillette, before signing.

The major issue nowadays is players have multiple personal contracts and the issues with some transfers is getting them out of these contracts beforehand. If they're a globally renowned player, the fee is obviously bigger.

But apparently Liverpool don't deal directly with the player sponsors but the agent does that on their behalf.

Mcking

Yeah, I'm not saying it would be an obvious choice for him. Maybe he'd prefer to join Brent at Leicester knowing he'd play every game. But I still think he'd have a lot of games at United and he could also become better than Shaw.

That's exactly why I think we should go for him.
If we are looking to build a good team, then I would say spending £30m on a player that is of similar age, and plays in the same position as one of our most competent players is not the way to go. We could easily spend the money on a RB instead.

izec

Would Real prioritise this signing over Hazard? They have to sell before they can buy.
Think not, but realistically speaking, not many will be in for him. Always the usual suspects, Real, Juve, Barca? Only club seriously linked with him so far was Real though, as an alternative to Pogba, which funny enough Juve turned their attention to

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If we are looking to build a good team, then I would say spending £30m on a player that is of similar age, and plays in the same position as one of our most competent players is not the way to go. We could easily spend the money on a RB instead.
30M on which right back? AWB is rumoured to be 60M. We can also promote from within in that position, I don't think there are any candidates ready for left back. I just think we'll regret no going for him.

Infra-red

Would Real prioritise this signing over Hazard? They have to sell before they can buy.
I imagine they will buy both, but any deal for Eriksen would close the door to Pogba (which is probably why we are now seeing "Pogba to Juve" reports).

Wayne's World

Would be annoying if this happened..

He'll be going for 70-80 million in a couple of years and even Leicester can see that make them loads of profit from getting Tierney. One of the most impressive left-backs I have seen in years, just all-round excellent in every department. If he was Spanish or Brazilian he'd already be at a top club and one of the best in the world by now

I'd even have him up there as a better left-back then Andrew Robertson, give the boy a chance and he has the right personality to go to the very top.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He'll be going for 70-80 million in a couple of years and even Leicester can see that make them loads of profit from getting Tierney. One of the most impressive left-backs I have seen in years, just all-round excellent in every department. If he was Spanish or Brazilian he'd already be at a top club and one of the best in the world by now

I'd even have him up there as a better left-back then Andrew Robertson, give the boy a chance and he has the right personality to go to the very top.
I'm glad someone agrees with me. He's a magnificent fullback and the club that signs him will have struck gold. I hope that club is us.

Wayne's World

I'm glad someone agrees with me. He's a magnificent fullback and the club that signs him will have struck gold. I hope that club is us.
I'm shocked he's still at Celtic to be honest, even though he's had his issues with a hernia problem last season but when he's fit and healthy he's bombing up and down the wing and his attacking directness would cause all sorts of mayhem in England, either going wide with the ball or cutting in and under-lapping from the left. Would add an extra dimension to any team's attack.

lysglimt

Scout
If I were a Spurs-fan I would be worried….they really need to spend big in the summer, and get it right.

They basically need 3 new defenders, 2-3 new midfielders and a backup for Kane. And with Eriksen leaving, how long can they keep Kane and Son ?

izec

I agree. Leicester are very good at finding players. Tierney isnt a nobody. While we have Shaw for now and need othe rpositions to upgrade, it would be a mistake to let good players go for cheap and be interested in them later for triple the price (prime example being Maddison now after one season). Thats why i would go for a LB this summer, there are so many good deals on the market, that will be gone in a few years. Whats the point in waiting another year when we need a new LB anyway. Tierney, Firpo and Telles will go for cheap now, buy while you can IMO. Especially Tierney i imagine would be of interest for us being from Scotland.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm shocked he's still at Celtic to be honest, even though he's had his issues with a hernia problem last season but when he's fit and healthy he's bombing up and down the wing and his attacking directness would cause all sorts of mayhem in England, either going wide with the ball or cutting in and under-lapping from the left. Would add an extra dimension to any team's attack.
He might want to stay at Celtic and try and create history with winning 10 in a row. But if there's any inkling of him wanting to move then I hope we're ready to pounce.

Barca media are reporting that Tierney is also on their list of potential targets..

Devil81

No idea why we've not been linked with Eriksen, he's a fantastic player and he's a player available due to contract issues.

I think we could get him.

Ole90+3

Yep, We'll regret not going all in for him. Twice the player as Shaw.

Wayne's World

He might want to stay at Celtic and try and create history with winning 10 in a row. But if there's any inkling of him wanting to move then I hope we're ready to pounce.

Barca media are reporting that Tierney is also on their list of potential targets..
Yeah the ten-in-a-row would be a big say in him wanting him to stay. He's a local lad and a huge Celtic fan so I can see why he would want to stay and he's still young but I think If you offered Celtic 35-40+ million, then I would doubt he would say no to us, even though we aren't in the greatest state right now.

He wouldn't look out of place at Barcelona, City, Madrid etc...he'd become a huge fan favourite for whichever side that wants to sign him and I'd be very very jealous of who does sign him, but still praying it's us obviously.

izec

I doubt they would go for Tierney, not flashy enough for them. Firpo is getting linked heavily, as you know. I am surprised they havent been linked with Telles so far.

If I were a Spurs-fan I would be worried….they really need to spend big in the summer, and get it right.

They basically need 3 new defenders, 2-3 new midfielders and a backup for Kane. And with Eriksen leaving, how long can they keep Kane and Son ?
i think you are exaggerating a bit. They need a RB for Trippier and a CB. Then maybe 2 midfielders if Eriksen leaves and a striker for Llorente. Pretty much like us, except we also need a RW. I wouldnt worry about them, because they will spend 150-200m on 5 players and then sell Eriksen for 100m.

ArjenIsM3

No idea why we've not been linked with Eriksen, he's a fantastic player and he's a player available due to contract issues.

I think we could get him.
And why do you think so? Why would Eriksen want to join us? The only reason I can think of is money. In terms of facilities, squad, coach and chance of winning trophies he's better off staying at Spurs tbh. Real Madrid on the other hand would be an upgrade in most regards, and something truly "new" (different country) if that's what he's after. Also, they'll match us for wages. Then there's the fact that Levy would probably ask us for twice as much as he's quoting Madrid. There is no way we can get him. Not a chance.

Hoof the ball

Madrid are so entitled. They're not happy with anything other than a cut-price deal on other teams best players. What happened to "unacceptable" when they made us pay over the odds (at the time) for Di Maria, a player that they wanted to get rid of? Where was the pontificating at that time?

Madrid can do one. If you want our most talented and marketable player, they need to pay what we want; Pogba would make them a tonne of money back in merchandising alone, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.