Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why do you think so? Why would Eriksen want to join us? The only reason I can think of is money. In terms of facilities, squad, coach and chance of winning trophies he's better off staying at Spurs tbh. Real Madrid on the other hand would be an upgrade in most regards, and something truly "new" (different country) if that's what he's after. Also, they'll match us for wages. Then there's the fact that Levy would probably ask us for twice as much as he's quoting Madrid. There is no way we can get him. Not a chance.
My God, is this actually a thing now? Where United fans question why a Tottenham player would chose to join us? :lol: what the actual feck.

ArjenIsM3

Madrid are so entitled. They're not happy with anything other than a cut-price deal on other teams best players. What happened to "unacceptable" when they made us pay over the odds (at the time) for Di Maria, a player that they wanted to get rid of? Where was the pontificating at that time?

Madrid can do one. If you want our most talented and marketable player, they need to pay what we want; Pogba would make them a tonne of money back in merchandising alone, anyway.
In this case it's Pogba's wage demands that they find unacceptable. Nothing to do with a cut-price deal on other teams best players. They might very well still try to do just that though.

ArjenIsM3

My God, is this actually a thing now? Where United fans question why a Tottenham player would chose to join us? :lol: what the actual feck.
When they've been outperforming us for years, just got to the CL final, have the better (or at least more experienced) coach, better players and a shiny new stadium? Yeah sure we still have more money, fantastic history, and better (and more) fans, but that's it. We're a shambles. We've been trying and failing to stop the rot for years. Everything about us is unsure. There's more questions than answers. Yeah I'm questioning why he would join us.

Hoof the ball

I don't suppose it has anything to do with a Spurs player leaving them to join United, but rather, in United's current state, if said player were to leave Spurs, there'd be significantly more attractive options for Eriksen to entertain than us, if for no other reason than the fact that we're not in the Champions League.

ArjenIsM3

A Bola are reliable, aren't they?

Happy with this news. Hopefully, it's not bullshit.
From what I've been told it's O Jogo that's the reliable ones and A Bola is more like The Sun. Though I could be wrong as I'm always mixing them up.

Celoti23-81

I don't think so. They already have Delle in his position and not sure, if Bruno is a CM/ RM.
Hasn't Bruno Fernandes recently praised Liverpool and City style of play? I haven't read the interview, but I don't think this is a guy that will be heading to us anytime soon!

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Why would he goto Liverpool when they already have Gomez(who is quite brilliant ) coming up ? And he will be paid so huge which will be more than VVD ?

Doesn't add up. But you never know as its Mino we are talking about here.

Sterling Archer

How much have Spurs won since SAF retired?
How much have United won?
How many times have Spurs qualified for CL since SAF retired? Vice versa question for United?
Spurs highest league position since SAF retired? Same for United?

Interested to see the answers... @ArjenIsM3
But..but...but...

Sheesh one VAR step into a CL final and the last decade is forgotten eh

bond19821982

Hasn't Bruno Fernandes recently praised Liverpool and City style of play? I haven't read the interview, but I don't think this is a guy that will be heading to us anytime soon!
Bruno is 24. Not an young guy anymore. If anything, he will be more scrutinized in Liverpool or City line up.
I am not that desperate on him tbh. If he joins, good. If not, we will have far better options.

BlueHaze

Bruno is 24. Not an young guy anymore. If anything, he will be more scrutinized in Liverpool or City line up.
I am not that desperate on him tbh. If he joins, good. If not, we will have far better options.
Any examples?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That release clause is quite cheap. Probably all of Arsenal's summer budget, but quite doable for us. Posturing for a new deal or would he actually make the step down?

kirk buttercup

Calm down son, its still early. We need to get these internationals out the way and the players need a holiday. Then we can crack on.

When others around us start to sign and we don't, I'll worry.
Oh I am calm . I reckon we will sign two from each of those groups merely saying that "Journalists " haven't a clue. we get linked with about 70 players and I think most people will agree that Ed is a little headless . Trust me I much prefer to be linked with the players I mentioned rather than Bale again . United are the press favourite breaking story ( best clickbait) I meant a long summer listening to BS links from the press . ( wont stop me reading them having said that )

Kaivalya

That release clause is quite cheap. Probably all of Arsenal's summer budget, but quite doable for us. Posturing for a new deal or would he actually make the step down?
Tbh it's not a giant step down. Atletico are losing too many players to be a sure bet next season. We add him, a good RB and CB and top 4 is basically clinched. His father also seemed to indicate he wasnt happy altogether at Atletico.

bond19821982

Fekir himself comes of the back of a worse season, is older and has genuine injury concerns.
That serious injury was about an year back. I would take a worse season in France than a great season in Portugal.

When was the last time an attacker directly from Portugese league made an instant impact in epl ?

ArjenIsM3

How many times have Spurs qualified for CL since SAF retired? Vice versa question for United?

Amazing that we've won the EL and FA cup. I'm sure those are the prizes Eriksen will be wanting to fight for. Especially since we'll be in the EL again next season. Spurs will be in the CL by the way.

Anyway, here's something for you to think about. Eriksen's first season for Spurs was 13/14. Since then their highest finish was second. Same as ours. Their lowest was 6th, ours 7th and we finished 6th twice. They've done better in the PL than we have.

Spurs: 6,5,3,2,3,4
United: 7,4,5,6,2,6

Spurs avg league finish since 13/14: 3,8 (4)
United avg league finish since 13/14: 5

So in reality, since he's joined Spurs have been better in the league overall and they've gone farther in the CL than we have. They're by far the more stable club by all accounts. They're on a high while we're on a low. Tell me again why would he make the switch to us? Especially if a club like Real Madrid are after him?

Edit: I think that though this discussion was sparked by a transfer tweet we might be taking it too far for this thread. Mods might want to move our little discussion to the Eriksen thread.

Kaivalya

That serious injury was about an year back. I would take a worse season in France than a great season in Portugal.

When was the last time an attacker directly from Portugese league made an instant impact in epl ?
I didnt mean Fekir was injured. But there must have been serious concerns for Pool to turn him down. I think hes more of a shadow striker anyway unlike Bruno.
The thing is Bruno isn't an attacker. Hes primarily a modern free 8 (the likes of KDB and Silva). Has the ability of a 10 but puts in the duties of an 8. Those goals mostly come from extremely accurate long range shots and free kicks.
A lot of Portuguese league players have come to acclimatise pretty well in the PL. Neves for one.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

How much have Spurs won since SAF retired? 0 trophies
How much have United won? 3 trophies
How many times have Spurs qualified for CL since SAF retired? 4 times
Vice versa question for United? 3 times
Spurs highest league position since SAF retired? 2nd
Same for United? 2nd

So outperforming is for years is nonsense in terms of results. Still, they’ve definitely been a better side for a good 3-4 years now, even last season they played better football.

izec

However, the claims from England have been rejected by Bayern CEO Rummenigge.

He told Sport Bild: “We did not make a bid for Leroy Sane. It’s not that far yet.”

“First, the player has to decide whether he can imagine coming to Bayern, if that is the case, Let’s go into concrete negotiations with Manchester City,” the Bayern chief explained.

“The player is the most important factor. Apparently, Leroy has not decided yet. Hasan Salihamidzic [Bayern sporting director] is in talks here.”

Status
Not open for further replies.