Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliche Guevara

£50m isn't going to get us a decent replacement in this market. What if they don't sell him or he runs his contract down?
Not sure it won’t but I’m not even sure we’re looking at a direct replacement.

We’ll certainly not be bringing in someone we might feel we could used better if we don’t sell him, certainly.

It is a bit of a gamble and I’m not looking to do Inter any favours. We just seem to have a habit of not being able to shift players we aren’t going to use. Would save a shit load on his wages too.

@AbusementPark

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Anyone else reckon £50m up front and a 50% sell on would suit all parties?

(Including fans on here).
That'd be an interesting one.
Sell on fees on the profit, rather than the total seem to be more widespread(although a lot of fans don't realise that).
I think 50% of the profit would be much more likely to be accepted by the buyer. Basically no real risk for them.

United_We_Stand

On Tanguy Ndombele:
The demands from Juninho and Sylvinho are very precise. We have done the essentials in terms of departures. We will need substantial proposals to make things with Tanguy Ndombele advance, who is a requestor (of a departure). He is being solicited by most of the great clubs. For the moment, nothing is done. But the door is maybe ajar. If he has to depart, we have made enquiries for a certain number of players. Thiago Mendes is one of them.

Ventura

That'd be an interesting one.
Sell on fees on the profit, rather than the total seem to be more widespread(although a lot of fans don't realise that).
I think 50% of the profit would be much more likely to be accepted by the buyer. Basically no real risk for them.
50 % of the profit would be a 100 % useless clause for United though because there won't be a profit.

piesel

Lukaku's agent confirms Inter want him:

Federico #Pastorello leaves the seat of #Inter: "It is a dream and like #Lukaku all dreams it is difficult to achieve, even if there is nothing unattainable. Yes, Inter are trying. He has publicly expressed what his wishes are." @calciomercatoit

Mainoldo

Naive to think they won’t be in the running for top 4. They have huge talent coming back from loan. In today’s market, players coming back are easily worth over £300m.
Huge talent like who? It’s naive to keep thinking there untested youth team is going to save them. Not a chance.

OleGunnar20

Watch this. He explains how Ajax operate and how they collectively help run the club.

Thanks bud, will keep me sane while painting the spare bedroom.

I just listened to Rio's appearance on this the other day, thought that was well worth the listen if you haven't yet - Cringe attempts at banter from the city fan interviewer aside :)

NJM78

I would be so happy signing AWB and Maguire especially with not having to see Ashley Young and Smalling, Jones starting but where are the goals going to come from?
This team has so many problems but I guess if Ole wants his defence sorted first I have to trust him..we will pose no threat to top 4 though if we are going with the same midfielders and forwards next season. I'm very confident of that.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Everyone has been mentioning us with Maguire all summer haven't they?
Does that mean they're briefed? We've been mentioned for lots of players. Everyone mentioned us with Maguire last summer, didn't mean we got him.

OleGunnar20

I would take 40 million plus Lautaro Martinez
I'd take a straight swap to be honest, silly a deal as it would objectively be. Heart vs head kind of thing.

Lautaro looks a great prospect who plays football the right way. Lukaku can finish well on the floor but, is lazy, useless in the air, has dreadful all round technique & seems to have a really odd attitude to boot.

Probably for the best I'm not in charge ;)

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Does that mean they're briefed? We've been mentioned for lots of players. Everyone mentioned us with Maguire last summer, didn't mean we got him.
What's us getting him got to do with being briefed? We obviously tried and failed.

We are linked with plenty that is correct. We're not always unanimously linked though which leads to a briefing imo. Which is the case with AWB and possibly Maguire.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What's us getting him got to do with being briefed? We obviously tried and failed.

We are linked with plenty that is correct. We're not always unanimously linked though which leads to a briefing imo. Which is the case with AWB and possibly Maguire.
Yeah, fair enough - but I thought the Maguire links you referred to were more recent ones. That's why I asked about which papers have received a brief. I haven't seen any movement or update on Maguire as I have on AWB.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Yeah, fair enough - but I thought the Maguire links you referred to were more recent ones. That's why I asked about which papers have received a brief. I haven't seen any movement or update on Maguire as I have on AWB.
To be fair all the news has been Leicester wanting 70 or 80m so it's probably coming from Leicester camp.

haram

We need someone to buy Higuain so Juventus can buy Icardi so Inter can buy Lukaku so we have more money to spend on a centre back, right winger and midfielder.
We shouldn’t have to sell such an asset to buy. It’s a disgrace.

beingshe7don

Reportedly €62 million plus bonuses
And how pathetic are we when it comes to finalizing deals? Shaking my head.... We've left the door open for Liverpool to hijack the Bruno deal and we'll probably just watch Spurs gets Ndombele who we need as well. Just ridiculous form of business. It's hard to imagine that United are such are big brand.

Apokalips

Inter will want us to pay them to take him and pay his wages no doubt.

I'd just tell them 75m or get lost. Would probably accept 50m from other clubs though.
Same here. We are in no desperate need to sell and Lukaku is closer to that valuation than Perisic was to the silly price tag they supposedly wanted!

United_We_Stand

“This is an €80m situation. So it is a situation that needs time and calm. What I can say is that there are very concrete discussions with Liverpool. Discussions that are not even denied by Lille, at Lille they don’t deny the very concrete interest and discussions from and with Liverpool. Even Bayern Munich, I haven’t checked in on this situation for a couple of days, but it is possible that other clubs have inserted themselves into the running..."

Cantona in disguise

And how pathetic are we when it comes to finalizing deals? Shaking my head.... We've left the door open for Liverpool to hijack the Bruno deal and we'll probably just watch Spurs gets Ndombele who we need as well. Just ridiculous form of business. It's hard to imagine that United are such are big brand.
You say we need him but how do you know ole wants him? If he doesn't then we dont need him and wont buy him. Teams are going to buy players we wont and vice versa.

Celoti23-81

“This is an €80m situation. So it is a situation that needs time and calm. What I can say is that there are very concrete discussions with Liverpool. Discussions that are not even denied by Lille, at Lille they don’t deny the very concrete interest and discussions from and with Liverpool. Even Bayern Munich, I haven’t checked in on this situation for a couple of days, but it is possible that other clubs have inserted themselves into the running..."
We need a right winger desperately Liverpool don't, yet we are not even in for a single one. And I'll wager Pepe will cost around the same as Wan-Bissaka, perhap a few million more! Shocking transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.