Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.
60 million euros probably wont be worth 60 million euros in the football world in 3 years time either. A player we could get for 60 this window will prob cost 80/90 by the time we get that money.

The less they want to pay now the bigger the fee should be in 3 years. If they only want to pay 10 now I would want 90/100 in three years, that extra would be the interest as they are basically borrowing 60 million euros off us for 3 years.
Are you desperate to keep him and his wages on the books? Because asking crazy money is how that happens. We don't need players on the bench on 200k+ a week.

Are you desperate to keep him and his wages on the books? Because asking crazy money is how that happens. We don't need players on the bench on 200k+ a week.

We're not desperate either way as he's not as bad as everyone makes out, he actually scored few big goals in the run in and was better than Rashford. If the deals right he goes, if it's not like the one stated he doesn't. 90 mill Euros spread over 3 years or 80 now is not crazy money.

And the 200k sat on the bench, if he's sold then we will end up signing a replacement that will probably be on 120k+ so it's not that big a deal. He's also probably not getting 200k sat on the bench because he won't be getting many bonuses and the 20% champ league pay cut.

Lukaku has 28 goals in 66 appearances - the best goals to appearance ratio in the team. Yes, I'd give him one more year. If he starts 38 games next year, he'll score 19 to 20 goals. He's averaged nearly 1 in 2 games for a long time.
But more than this, he's statistically Utd's fastest player. And if you're trying to be the fastest team in Europe, you don't sell your fastest player.

Terrible offer for Lukaku imo. And how the hell did Barca get £31mil for Cillesen? He’s awful
Funny. I always thought he was a bit underrated - probably bc he s physically not very imposing.

BTW it's funny...just googled his height and it claims he is 6.1 and Ter Stegen 6.2 - but in a lot of pictures Cillesen looks comfortably taller.

Classic inter.
Want to pay a good chunk under the fee.
And then pay in three years!
Amazing.

Fernandes would be eriksens replacement I'd imagine, presuming he leaves so that would be where that funding came from. Ndombele is a box to box player so you'd imagine he'd be competing with Cisse.

Maybe but I doubt Spurs can afford to Shell out £120 million on 2 midfielders before they sell Eriksen - when they have so many other areas they need to strengthen. They have 2 fullbacks they apparently don't rate (and rightly so) - no backup for Kane etc

It's a good opening offer from Inter. Indicates that we'll get close to what we're looking for in the end, even if the deal is structured in a less than favourable way I think we'd be daft not to take it.

The structure of the deal isn’t something that should put us off, if it’s used as an excuse as to why we can’t reinvest immediately then we truly are finished.

He doesn’t want to be here, hasn’t set the world alight, & we will recoup the majority of the outlay - deals a no brainier.

Time to structure something similar in our favour for a younger more technical striker. Get to work Woody.

It's a good opening offer from Inter. Indicates that we'll get close to what we're looking for in the end, even if the deal is structured in a less than favourable way I think we'd be daft not to take it.

He contributed to 19 goals in 45 games in a crap season.

Last year it was 36 in 51

Before that last season Everton 33 in 39

Both from goals and assists he is a very regular, guaranteed contributor even in relatively crap teams.

The market has inflated further since we brought him. £80m is a perfectly reasonable price.

They should pay it, or Lukaku can be a very useful backup striker, or give us a player we do want.

Both from goals and assists he is a very regular, guaranteed contributor even in relatively crap teams.

The market has inflated further since we brought him. £80m is a perfectly reasonable price.

They should pay it, or Lukaku can be a very useful backup striker, or give us a player we do want.

They don't have the money though, its as simple as that. Over payment terms that will equate to 2 years longer than usual they will pay us near the fee we are expecting and take his high wages on too.

I don't see how we can say no. We don't want him and he wants to leave.

It would help them but not us, we need the cash now. Tell them to feck off, they didn’t exactly help us when we wanted Perisic.

I'm not saying we should accept that offer but there is quite a lot different to the perisic situation. They wanted to keep him, we don't want lukaku. We could have paid what they wanted, they probably don't have the money right now. No point being petty.

They'll come back with a better loan / instalment type offer and we'll accept. Good riddance.

He doesn't want to be a back up striker though. He clearly wants out so we have to sell if he's not first choice. Just costing us too much in wages otherwise.

Wait so if he goes that does mean we'll have ''Rashy" and martial as our only strickers? This in a team ready struggling to score goals :rolleyes:

I'm not saying we should accept that offer but there is quite a lot different to the perisic situation. They wanted to keep him, we don't want lukaku. We could have paid what they wanted, they probably don't have the money right now. No point being petty.

They'll come back with a better loan / instalment type offer and we'll accept. Good riddance.

I agree, subsequent offers will be more acceptable as the club seem pretty adamant about getting a higher price for him.

I'd be happy enough to get him off the wage bill for anything around £70 to £80m even if the deal is structured along the lines of a loan with a guaranteed purchase.

I know we’re only supposed to post tweets but can everyone just realise that hardly any transfers are paid in one lump sum upfront. We’ve probably only just finished paying Everton the fee for him. It’s really jarring to see the same bit of misinformation repeated constantly.

We've been linked with a few players as Lukaku replacements. Haller, Ben-Yedder, Dembele. Ben-yedder looks interesting although he might be a bit short.

Seriously, who cares as long as he can score! Since when is height more important than goal scoring ability?
He looks like he knows how to put the ball in the net, very sharp in and around the box, would take him all day long ahead of Lukaku and Rashford.
By your logic Messi, Maradonna, Pele, Solskjaer etc wouldn't be considered....

CB..........Milenkovic
AMF.......Fernandes
Midfield..Partey

If we were to bring in these 3, we would have a strong team.

I think United should hold out for a higher fee than that, but the way it's structured isn't a problem really. You get Lukaku's wages off the books and are guaranteed €70m or 80m down the line.

xuTjFbojn1F7biot5
tried to upload a photo of a private helicopter landing at MCR airport but it's not letting me, I wonder who is on board

Last edited:
Looks like Lukaku will happen eventually then. I hope we go for Ben Yedder, he'd be a better fit stylewise than most of the other options suggested.

Minimum fee of 75 mill for Lukaku. I know he hasn’t had the best of seasons but he has got many years at the top and has a good scoring record for both club and country. The good thing for us is Conte won’t rest until he is signed, so I expect a deal soon. I don’t mind the 2 year loan + fee at the end of the loan period, but the combined fee has to be a minimum of 75 mill pounds.

We wont sell for under 80m. I think the loan isnt an issue, it is the 62m as a whole. Now 20m loan and then obligation to buy after 2 years with another 60m would do IMO (or 10m and then 70m), since money is paid in installments anyway. What is important is the cash after a few years. Inter need to up their offer quite simply, since we would reject the 62m without a loan as well.

Would Icardi plus Skriniar be a fair deal?
I nearly would accept Icardi for the comedy value plus Skriniar would help solve our defensive issues.
Would help solve Inter's FFP problems too

Would Icardi plus Skriniar be a fair deal?
I nearly would accept Icardi for the comedy value plus Skriniar would help solve our defensive issues.
Would help solve Inter's FFP problems too
No way are they going to say OK to that. Skriniar himself is worth 70-80 mill and Icardi is worth at least 50-60 mill. Wouldn’t mind a straight swap with Skriniar, but he’s well settled there

Status
Not open for further replies.