Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

OleGunnar20

Our negotiating position isn't great though is it?

It's fairly well known that we want to get rid of the player and the player want's to leave. We also know that Inter are pretty much the only team interested in him (I've not seen anything to suggest otherwise) and they aren't exactly loaded. I really don't think are going to get a much better offer. It's also in our interest to try and get it done sooner rather than later.

Him going would mean we can replace him with a better more suitable option, get his 200k a week wages off the bill and also not waste the summer haggling over a few million when it's clear all parties want the deal done.
Agreed.

I don't see much of an issue with paying the majority in two years personally? You'd hope we have the money (and sense) to reallocate some extra funds forwards in order to replace him now.

I think a total deal of £70m would be fair, and think it'll reach that eventually.

pacifictheme

Agreed.

I don't see much of an issue with paying the majority in two years personally? You'd hope we have the money (and sense) to reallocate some extra funds forwards in order to replace him now.

I think a total deal of £70m would be fair, and think it'll reach that eventually.
We'll reject that and inter will pay more up front. You don't start negotiating by saying what you're willing to pay.

RyRoc

Don't really understand why Italian clubs always make these loan offers with obligation to buy, is that much different from say paying for a transfer in instalments and paying a large chunk of it in the second and third years as opposed to money up front?

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Don't really understand why Italian clubs always make these loan offers with obligation to buy, is that much different from say paying for a transfer in instalments and paying a large chunk of it in the second and third years as opposed to money up front?
FFP create constraints that can use creative accounting tricks to work around like obligations to buy.

beingshe7don

Lukaku is bound to tear it up in the Italian league. He'll be worth 100m in a couple years and I can see PSG looking to replace Cavani. So for Inter to look a 62m deal over the course of 3 years is actually a good deal for them. But then again, there's no one in for him. I was really hoping for us to somehow secure Skriniar.... would have solved such a big issue for us.

acnumber9

If you put somebody on ignore will their tweets still show in the transfer tweets tab?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Lukaku is bound to tear it up in the Italian league. He'll be worth 100m in a couple years and I can see PSG looking to replace Cavani. So for Inter to look a 62m deal over the course of 3 years is actually a good deal for them. But then again, there's no one in for him. I was really hoping for us to somehow secure Skriniar.... would have solved such a big issue for us.
We did ask apparently but he doesn't want to come.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
So in other words, wouldn't actually have to buy?
It's conditional, for example PSG had the obligation to buy Mbappé if they weren't relegated, which was just a formality. There can be less clear conditions like qualifying for Europe.

Scholsey2004

Ridiculous. No loans. Just pay the fee and it should be 75m GBP not a penny less.
Ole could use that money. If we foul up the sale asking for an amount they're unwilling to pay or we spend the whole window haggling we'll be strapped for cash for buying players and we'll be stuck with a player who doesn't really fit the current set up.

Scholsey2004

Nick Powell. Havent heard from him in a while. I rated him and thought he started well here.
He wasn't the full package sadly. Terrific at shooting but not very mobile and a pretty poor passer. Maybe disappearing into the reserves knocked his development a bit. I think he's one of the seemingly many youngsters we get here who picked up a knee injury as well. That happens with too many of our kids and it's often the most talented ones.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Absolutely. Even Declan Rice tweeted about this signing (they played together).

In other Wimbledon news, today they welcomed back Vaughan Ryan as a first team coach. A good couple of days for Wimbledon!

Thanks for the update. Great signing for them! Now they need at least a striker and another centre back if they continue with 3 centre backs.

Languishing bottom of League One on 26 points at the end of February the Dons went on somewhat of a Leicester run towards the end of the season to manage the great escape: DWWWLWDDDDWD picking up another 24 points in the last 2 months of the season finishing 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

They’ll be my second team this coming season, can’t be bothered with the Japanese Caf club.

Scholsey2004

I’d be surprised if they are going for both Fernandes and Ndombele.
Fernandes would be eriksens replacement I'd imagine, presuming he leaves so that would be where that funding came from. Ndombele is a box to box player so you'd imagine he'd be competing with Cisse.

Fridge chutney

Thanks for the update. Great signing for them! Now they need at least a striker and another centre back if they continue with 3 centre backs.

Languishing bottom of League One on 26 points at the end of February the Dons went on somewhat of a Leicester run towards the end of the season to manage the great escape: DWWWLWDDDDWD picking up another 24 points in the last 2 months of the season finishing 3 points clear of the relegation zone.

They’ll be my second team this coming season, can’t be bothered with the Japanese Caf club.
My pleasure! When I think of Wimbledon I think of the crazy team from the 90s. But Wimbledon AFC is a completely different club (the other Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes). It will be interesting to see if they battle for promotion this season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
My pleasure! When I think of Wimbledon I think of the crazy team from the 90s. But Wimbledon AFC is a completely different club (the other Wimbledon moved to Milton Keynes). It will be interesting to see if they battle for promotion this season.
AFC has the same fans that Wimbledon of old had. MK have nothing to do with the history of Wimbledon and I would wager that they have retained not one of the fans. AFC are very much the same Wimbledon of old, just smaller finances and grass root built. Promotion I think is beyond them, but would be great to see them have a positive campaign and maybe a shot at making the playoffs.

Inter Yer Nan

Ole could use that money. If we foul up the sale asking for an amount they're unwilling to pay or we spend the whole window haggling we'll be strapped for cash for buying players and we'll be stuck with a player who doesn't really fit the current set up.
Yeah, that's valid. I'm just being petty with Inter and how they work and past experiences.

I think we should try to get Skriniar but unlikely also. I wouldn't want us to flog Lukaku and rely entirely on Rashford either.

Fridge chutney

AFC has the same fans that Wimbledon of old had. MK have nothing to do with the history of Wimbledon and I would wager that they have retained not one of the fans. AFC are very much the same Wimbledon of old, just smaller finances and grass root built. Promotion I think is beyond them, but would be great to see them have a positive campaign and maybe a shot at making the playoffs.
True, the most important part of the club remained the same!

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
If he goes on 2 years loan, who isnpaying his wages, Utd or Inter? If it is us, feck them. If it is them, well, same! In 2 years 60mil will be for bag of chips, now we can buy a player with it.

reddev3

60 million in three years time doesn't help us now though. We lose our best striker and possibly cant afford to replace him this season because the bulk of the money isn't due. Makes no sense to accept this offer in my opinion.
60 million euros probably wont be worth 60 million euros in the football world in 3 years time either. A player we could get for 60 this window will prob cost 80/90 by the time we get that money.

The less they want to pay now the bigger the fee should be in 3 years. If they only want to pay 10 now I would want 90/100 in three years, that extra would be the interest as they are basically borrowing 60 million euros off us for 3 years.

Scholsey2004

Yeah, that's valid. I'm just being petty with Inter and how they work and past experiences.

I think we should try to get Skriniar but unlikely also. I wouldn't want us to flog Lukaku and rely entirely on Rashford either.
We've been linked with a few players as Lukaku replacements. Haller, Ben-Yedder, Dembele. Ben-yedder looks interesting although he might be a bit short.

haram

60 million in 3 years time will get you a lot less than a striker of Lukaku’s calibre.

Status
Not open for further replies.