Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickSantigo

No way are they going to say OK to that. Skriniar himself is worth 70-80 mill and Icardi is worth at least 50-60 mill. Wouldn’t mind a straight swap with Skriniar, but he’s well settled there
Are we not undervaluing Lukaku. Excluding last season he has hit over 20 goals in each of the previous 4 seasons and still has his best years ahead of him. Don't see how a centre half (Skriniar) can be valued more.

They are publicly trying to flog Icardi. With Lukaku plus cash we could solve two problem positions.

I'm glad we aren't letting him go for nothing though. We will be very hard pressed to replace Lukaku's goals with what they have offered

Sanche7

Are we not undervaluing Lukaku. Excluding last season he has hit over 20 goals in each of the previous 4 seasons and still has his best years ahead of him. Don't see how a centre half (Skriniar) can be valued more.

They are publicly trying to flog Icardi. With Lukaku plus cash we could solve two problem positions.

I'm glad we aren't letting him go for nothing though. We will be very hard pressed to replace Lukaku's goals with what they have offered
Well top top CBS are now valued at 80 mill plus. If you want to buy WC or near WC CB, that’s the price. Napoli allegedly rejected a 80 mill plus bid from us for Koulibaly, VVD was bought for 75 mill, Maguire would cost 70-80 mill, so would De Ligt. Compared to Koulibaly, Skriniar is younger with potential to improve. No way are we going to get him for anything less than 70-80 mill.
Icardi, eve though a better finisher, his all round play is worse than Lukaku. Add to that his mentality issues and his crazy agent and you would understand why no club has shown interest in him

Womp

idiot
:lol: We need a club to be proactive and enquire about one of our players before we remember to assess their players. We are a fecking shit show.

Tiber

Chasing big names every summer failed miserably, I am.more than prepared to allow Ole a chance to build a team in his own image

lysglimt

Scout
Umititi, is basically the french version of Jones, albeit 2 times the player when fit.
Well Umtiti has played almost 300 matches despite only being 25 years old - so up until the season 18/19 he never had much injury problems.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I really like Longstaff, my only concern is his knee problem.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

Chasing big names every summer failed miserably, I am.more than prepared to allow Ole a chance to build a team in his own image
Problem going so far with the youth policy is if we have another season like last season Ole wont be around to develop these players, it's also arguable that he's even got the credentials to develop them anyway

Daniel James was a low risk signing
AWB despite his age has just come off a season where he was one of the top 3 RB's in the PL
However adding Longstaff to a midfield that will already contain Scott McTominay a lot more than it has done previously doesn't fill me with confidence and I cant imagine it'll instil fear in the opposition either. Fair enough if Longstaff's signing is supplemented with a more experienced CM as well but that's looking unlikely isn't it

Nick7

:lol: We need a club to be proactive and enquire about one of our players before we remember to assess their players. We are a fecking shit show.
I would assume it's complete bollocks, but don't let that get in the way of you slagging the club off.

Sanche7

So Umtiti and Longstaff, two players with injury concerns.. our medical staff will soon ask for a raise and expansion of our medical facilities. Might as well start a hospital while we are at it, we always seem to have at least 3-4 players injured

izec

Problem going so far with the youth policy is if we have another season like last season Ole wont be around to develop these players, it's also arguable that he's even got the credentials to develop them anyway

AWB despite his age has just come off a season where he was one of the top 3 RB's in the PL
However adding Longstaff to a midfield that will already contain Scott McTominay a lot more than it has done previously doesn't fill me with confidence and I cant imagine it'll instil fear in the opposition either. Fair enough if Longstaff's signing is supplemented with a more experienced CM as well but that's looking unlikely isn't it
I agree. Only talents and youth wont be working. We need to bring in more experienced and established players, that can be still young as well. Wan Bissaka, James and Longstaff are all newbies in pro football. I would like to see some mixture

Jericholyte2

The counter to your point is that, firstly, the fans (not the online community) will be far more forgiving to Ole than other managers.

Secondly, if fans can see that changes are happening, that an identity is being created, and that progression to a visible end-point is being made, there is also less likely to be a change of manager.

Sanche7

This is my concern as well. If we fall out of top 6, I can't see Ole keeping his job and if we are planning on signing just youth while losing the likes of Pogba, Lukaku, DDG & Herrera, I can see us struggling to stay in the top 6

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The counter to your point is that, firstly, the fans (not the online community) will be far more forgiving to Ole than other managers.

Secondly, if fans can see that changes are happening, that an identity is being created, and that progression to a visible end-point is being made, there is also less likely to be a change of manager.
I think you underestimate how much the online community represents the same views of the match going fans as well

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
So Umtiti and Longstaff, two players with injury concerns.. our medical staff will soon ask for a raise and expansion of our medical facilities. Might as well start a hospital while we are at it, we always seem to have at least 3-4 players injured
Longstaff had micro tears in his PCL that weren't bad enough to require surgery. The injury wouldn't particularly concern me.

Dr. StrangeHate

So the online community are not fans now. Thankfully Woodward doesn't see it that way, otherwise our commercial side would have only considered local Chippys and bars as sponsors.

Jericholyte2

I think you underestimate how much the online community represents the same views of the match going fans as well
I understand there is a significant number of online fans that disgruntle easily (myself included) but if this season showed us anything it's the disconnect between the online fantasy and, for example, the match-going fan-base. Whilst everyone only was clamouring for José's head, the fans at Old Trafford were chanting José's name whilst calling for the board to be sacked.

pacifictheme

So the online community are not fans now. Thankfully Woodward doesn't see it that way, otherwise our commercial side would have only considered local Chippys and bars as sponsors.
Looking to take offense there a bit. He clearly meant the support at OT.

Jericholyte2

I meant excluding the online base and a wonderful conclusion you drew there.

Bestietom

A CB, and 2 midfielders still needed, and if Lukaku and Pogba go. Then we need another midfielder and a striker. Rashford is NOT prolific and will not get you 25/30 goals a season. We need a fox in the box striker.

Fletchageddon

This is my concern as well. If we fall out of top 6, I can't see Ole keeping his job and if we are planning on signing just youth while losing the likes of Pogba, Lukaku, DDG & Herrera, I can see us struggling to stay in the top 6
I think the club are going 'all in' with Ole. I think they are buying into his plan and backing him with HIS signings. I think that's why there is no DoF as he doesn't want one. I also think that the club are being very clever this year by not selling Pogba and Lukaku before they get their business done first. Previously we sold Ronaldo and then everyone held us to ransom. The club are using the contract situations to their advantage and by the looks of AWB deal (keeping the clause and the price down) Ed has learnt a lot of lessons.

Everyone (sorry, MOST PEOPLE) has been hysterical on this forum but if you actually read what Ole has said and by the actions of the club we are doing quite well this window. They'll take a year of rough to get the team right I'd say. We are already in the worst acceptable position and that's due to the previous approach of short term-ism.

Womp

idiot
I would assume it's complete bollocks, but don't let that get in the way of you slagging the club off.
Ya, good stuff. I'll make sure to keep in mind moving forward that your assumption, based on zero evidence, might I add, should dictate what opinion people on an online forum come to

Nick7

Ya, good stuff. I'll make sure to keep in mind moving forward that your assumption, based on zero evidence, might I add, should dictate what opinion people on an online forum will gather
So you're just going to believe Mundo, who bullshit constantly simply to have a go at the club? Have fun :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.