Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanche7

Why just a four year deal? We'll be back in the same situation after just 3 years. Then he'll be 24 and if has developed into a top forward, will ask for 500k. What the feck are these absolute morons doing? Get him to sign a 5+1 year contract at least you wanks. If Harry Kane is happy signing a 6 year deal worth 200k a week including bonuses, why can't we get Rashford to sign one? Forget the money, at least tie him up in a long term deal

Celoti23-81

What? He's played a handful of games for us at right back, he's 19, just moved to a new country to play for his countryman Jose who then got sacked a few months later. He's now playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world under much more pressure than he's used and he's then been played out of position at right wing because his crossing is so good. I'm a little confused to how A) He's hideously overrated, since I don't see many raving about him yet and B) How you can make that judgement already.
They react like this because we have apparently signed the new Cafu in AWB. Just wait until AWB is not this world beater everybody thinks he is, they will crying out for Dalot. Like I've said in another thread, if Dalot played for Wolves last season, he might have been better than AWB

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Does any seriously believe that adding three 20-21 year olds is going to improve us?
Loving the negativity here....

Obviously there are other factors such as experience and whether they're even good enough.

Anyway, I have no idea about two of the three so we'll see.
.... So you don't even know them either. Why bother posting such negativity?

You should be excited, also should be happy about a new approach. It could be worse, we could be signing Di Maria again.

Celoti23-81

Loving the negativity here....

.... So you don't even know them either. Why bother posting such negativity?

You should be excited, also should be happy about a new approach. It could be worse, we could be signing Di Maria again.
Why do people automatically think that signing young British players will be the turning point for us? They could easily turn out to be the new Smalling and Jones. What was wrong with Di Maria at the time we signed him? Nobody envisaged him not settling in. Like Veron didn't hit the heights under SAF, it happens.
We need players in the right positions to get balance in the side, like a right winger. I don't care what nationality he is.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I thought Atletico triggered the clause on him?
Athletico are under no obligation to trigger the clause until the loan expires in 12 months time.

I think Chelsea will start the season with Tammy Abraham up front. Could be a risk, but I still think that's what they'll do.

IrishRedDevil

Why just a four year deal? We'll be back in the same situation after just 3 years. Then he'll be 24 and if has developed into a top forward, will ask for 500k. What the feck are these absolute morons doing? Get him to sign a 5+1 year contract at least you wanks. If Harry Kane is happy signing a 6 year deal worth 200k a week including bonuses, why can't we get Rashford to sign one? Forget the money, at least tie him up in a long term deal
Its a 4+1 deal.

pacifictheme

Why do people automatically think that signing young British players will be the turning point for us? They could easily turn out to be the new Smalling and Jones. What was wrong with Di Maria at the time we signed him? Nobody envisaged him not settling in. Like Veron didn't hit the heights under SAF, it happens.
We need players in the right positions to get balance in the side, like a right winger. I don't care what nationality he is.
I know what point you're trying to make but it was quite obvious di maria wanted a move to psg but they couldn't afford him. He was a complete disaster and never looked like wanting to be at the club.

NJM78

That'd be a great price
Based on?

I obviously do not see what is so special about this guy or what Ole see's our future midfield looking like. For me he looks a slightly more exciting McTominay. If its hunger and being British etc then I'm worried.

Cloud7

Does any seriously believe that adding three 20-21 year olds is going to improve us?
AWB is definitely going to be an improvement on Young. Matic was awful last season bar one or two games when Ole just came in, so anyone that can do at least a reasonable job of sweeping up behind Pogba is likely to be an improvement on him. Similarly, James will probably give us more on the right side than Mata and JLingz have given us. Is it enough to challenge for the league next season? I wouldn’t say so, but it’s definitely an improvement by virtue of how truly abysmal the players they’re replacing have been. Just how much of an improvement, we wait to see.

Similarly Ben Yedder isn’t exactly a household name, but I’m sure he will fit our team better than Mr Man Up ever did.

Nick7

Based on?

I obviously do not see what is so special about this guy or what Ole see's our future midfield looking like. For me he looks a slightly more exciting McTominay. If its hunger and being British etc then I'm worried.
He plays absolutely nothing like McTominay. The only thing that's even close about them is that they're both British.

scots devil

Hijack would be as once he signs for them, there's no chance he'll ever play for us.

langster

Scout
I never said any of that and never mentioned nationality either. I just pointed out the guy made two posts, one being sarcastic and negative and the second admitting he didn't even know the players purchased.

Then I just said that he (And all fans) should be excited from the early signings because it's a clear change of direction. Of course it could fail, but after the last 6 windows it's a breath of fresh air. Certainly no need for such negativity, the exact opposite in fact.

Hoof the ball

I never said any of that and never mentioned nationality either. I just pointed out the guy made two posts, one being sarcastic and negative and the second admitting he didn't even know the players purchased.

Then I just said that he (And all fans) should be excited from the early signings because it's a clear change of direction. Of course it could fail, but after the last 6 windows it's a breath of fresh air. Certainly no need for such negativity, the exact opposite in fact.
I think perhaps the theory is that a club-developed young British player is much less likely to leave the club for pastures fresh than a European kid, since British kids (traditionally) are reticent to leave their home country, as opposed to their european counterparts.

NJM78

He plays absolutely nothing like McTominay. The only thing that's even close about them is that they're both British.
That's why I said he looks more exciting. I think their hair and age are also close.

So who in your opinion does he play like?..considering I'm just going by his youtube clips and watching him play live once.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think perhaps the theory is that a club-developed young British player is much less likely to leave the club for pastures fresh than a European kid, since British kids (traditionally) are reticent to leave their home country, as opposed to their european counterparts.
I can understand that theory, but they really have to be going for the best talent out there. Otherwise if the ones we sign are bad we are stuck with them and are going nowhere, or have a conveyor belt of so called British talent for years and years until we get it right or give up.

langster

Scout
I can understand that theory, but they really have to be going for the best talent out there. Otherwise if the ones we sign are bad we are stuck with them and are going nowhere, or have a conveyor belt of so called British talent for years and years until we get it right or give up.
There is so much competition for the best talent. On top of that how do you know the best talent will become the best? I could name hundreds of players that were predicted to be the next big thing but have fallen by the wayside and are just average or half decent players, certainly not living job to the hype or their potential.

It's a gamble and personally I like the route Ole is taking because he's looking at talent, potential AND fit! How they will fit in to his squad, his style of play, his ethos. It shows he's looking further and deeper than just picking based on hype and reputation. I think this is being massively overlooked to be honest.

Hoof the ball

Agreed. Fish from a smaller pond and end up with a less impressive aquarium, especially when equal or greater potential talents are available at equal or lesser amounts of money. I'm a big fan of securing talents and loaning them back to their respective home clubs for development until ready.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Agreed. Fish from a smaller pond and end up with a less impressive aquarium, especially when equal or greater potential talents are available at equal or lesser amounts of money. I'm a big fan of securing talents and loaning them back to their respective home clubs for development until ready.
The first few games of the season will show us. I am excited in a way, but I just think if we do not shift a load of players out it will be the current players who will let him down not the new ones.

Hoof the ball

The first few games of the season will show us. I am excited in a way, but I just think if we do not shift a load of players out it will be the current players who will let him down not the new ones.
I see this season as highly experimental. It's a clear rebuilding phase and the positive side of that is that a side in transition can take a few more risks with giving young players more game time. Since we're not expected to challenge for the league, it allows us a little less pressure to play with a bit of liberty in our match selections. Give Greenwood, Chong, et al, some good minutes this season and allow the new signings to focus on development over and above short-term success.

Jacckk1985

Thinks we should ban Niall
Please take him. We should take 30 million and RUN.

Did he not have an injury problem which led to Liverpool trying to get him at a cheaper price? Maybe that's it.
He had half the goals he had in 17/18 season and Lyon's younger squad had more significant breakthrough this year, which kind of shoved him on background.

Although 30m is kind of low, fair would be ~40

TsuWave

Obviously him being constantly injured didn’t help, but I kinda feel like Bailly has partially been sabotaged. Guy has a bad game and gets pulled out of the team and thrown in a dungeon for months, then suddenly gets thrown in the deep end, like against PSG with, and with Young as his RB support, and is comically expected to do well, but when the inevitable disasterclass happens, gets thrown back in a dungeon and said game is used as justification for his potential departure. This has kind of been the cycle of his career here. Meanwhile the other CB’s do not get the same treatment. Even Lindelof, that many have grown to like, despite his errors and how shaky he can be/was, he was never completely yanked out the team like Bailly. A good run of games can do wonders for a player.

Status
Not open for further replies.