Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infestissumam

man Arnautovic has no chill. Pulling that same shit again only 6 months after getting that huge new deal is pretty crazy. West Ham fans must be fuming.

for the sake of our NT, I hope he doesn't go to China ...

Funky Futurista

We have a clear transfer strategy in place, and yet people don't seem to understand it. We've bought a first team right back for a decent fee and a prospect who will push our first team players to actually having to perform.

As it stands I think Longstaff would be a steal for £20-25 mill. He has resale value if it doesn't work but looks decent enough to be a cog in the wheel and maybe even a great first team player if he realises his potential.

We don't have to sign every single greatest prospect out there, also factoring in that some won't come here due to our lack of stability in qualifying for european competitions. If we actually give the players we sign some time to develop, we might become a really good side again. I don't know if Ole is the right manager, but we have to have some faith in the project they're trying to build.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
In the Maguire thread i mentioned other options and that there are a lot of highly rated young CBs being talked about. This is one name that frequently pops up. Is he not a good option instead of slabhead? Significantly cheaper too.
He's only 18 if I'm not mistaken and not ready to make such a huge leap right now.

MsNuno

Supports
Wolves
In the Maguire thread i mentioned other options and that there are a lot of highly rated young CBs being talked about. This is one name that frequently pops up. Is he not a good option instead of slabhead? Significantly cheaper too.
He's 18 and made 13 first team appearances seems like a lot of money for potential. Not sure we'd be up for spending that much. I think the Wolves link is just that he's a Mendes client.

Marcelinho87

We have a clear transfer strategy in place, and yet people don't seem to understand it. We've bought a first team right back for a decent fee and a prospect who will push our first team players to actually having to perform.

As it stands I think Longstaff would be a steal for £20-25 mill. He has resale value if it doesn't work but looks decent enough to be a cog in the wheel and maybe even a great first team player if he realises his potential.

We don't have to sign every single greatest prospect out there, also factoring in that some won't come here due to our lack of stability in qualifying for european competitions. If we actually give the players we sign some time to develop, we might become a really good side again. I don't know if Ole is the right manager, but we have to have some faith in the project they're trying to build.
Amen.

Unfortunately you're pissing in the wind here.

VanGaalyTime

I'm fine with the Longstaff deal. He's 21 years' old and is highly rated. And 25m-30m is nothing for United. But Maguire is a different case. We'd be spending a majority of our transfer budget on a defender that doesn't take us to that next level of play. He's a good, but not great player. For 70m, we need a genuine, world-class defender ready to make a difference right now. Look at Laporte, who City signed for 65m a season ago as an example. That's the kind of player you can get for that sort of money.

diarm

We've all wanted to bang out heads against the wall watching supposed superstar signings underperform for United over the last 5 years.

Im delighted with the idea of targeting younger, promising but hungry players with something to prove. We need a total change of personality and character within the squad and if Ole sees such traits in guys like James and Longstaff then let's get them in.

Maguire, AWB, Longstaff, Fernandes, James and Ben Yedder would leave us with a far better squad than we finished last season with. Especially if we can get rid of 4 or 5 out of Smalling, Jones, Darmian, Rojo, Matic, Lingard, Sanchez and Lukaku to make some space for guys like Tuanzebe, Baird, Garner, Gomes, Chong and Greenwood coming through.

diarm

Also meant to say, feck what Maguire costs. £100m spent on Titus Bramble would be better spent than lining the Glazer's pockets. If Ole feels he can spend that and still have enough to acquire his other targets then I'm all for it.

GBBQ

I'm fine with the Longstaff deal. He's 21 years' old and is highly rated. And 25m-30m is nothing for United. But Maguire is a different case. We'd be spending a majority of our transfer budget on a defender that doesn't take us to that next level of play. He's a good, but not great player. For 70m, we need a genuine, world-class defender ready to make a difference right now. Look at Laporte, who City signed for 65m a season ago as an example. That's the kind of player you can get for that sort of money.
With no CL and question marks over management I don't think we have the luxury of only buying world class players. Maguire is a proven PL and International player who is an upgrade on what we have.

Laporte was an outlier in that he had a relatively low buyout clause, I don;t think there's many world class players that will go for that kind of money.

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
It's like people completely forgot how things have panned out with the signings of the past few seasons...Let's get an actual functioning team before we try to add glitter and dazzle.

hubbuh

I’d be happy with Longstaff and Maguire. Add a threat from midfield (Fernandes?) and an attacker (Pepe? Haller? Ben Yedder?) and we are right on track for a top 4 finish and having a real go in the cup competitions.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
What happened to the rumored £100m budget?

It seems like previous managers that was at United, our board are once again giving the manager all he needs to succeed. It will be mostly down to Ole if we fail again next season. Regardless, even though I think Maguire is not that much better than Smalling, he would suit Ole counter attacking side perfectly.

OoopsMisclick

70m :houllier:
Pass!

What's with the fetish for UK players? Just buy a foreign one.
2 british players with potential is enough for this window.

Reynoldo

I’d be happy with Longstaff and Maguire. Add a threat from midfield (Fernandes?) and an attacker (Pepe? Haller? Ben Yedder?) and we are right on track for a top 4 finish and having a real go in the cup competitions.
I'd take that as long as it was Fernandes, Pepe & Ben Yedder/Haller. We need a right winger an another option up front for when both Lukaku and Rashford are going through their regular out of form patches

diarm

70m :houllier:
Pass!

What's with the fetish for UK players? Just buy a foreign one.
2 british players with potential is enough for this window.
We are also reported to be interested in De Ligt, Diop, Fernandes and Ben Yedder.

When signing centre backs, there is nothing wrong with wanting players who are proven in this league.

I'd also prefer to sign someone like Maguire who would be happy to commit the rest of his career to the club, than say a player like De Ligt who will be angling for a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona in two years time.

diarm

I'd take that as long as it was Fernandes, Pepe & Ben Yedder/Haller. We need a right winger an another option up front for when both Lukaku and Rashford are going through their regular out of form patches
He's 21 for feck sake.

OoopsMisclick

We are also reported to be interested in De Ligt, Diop, Fernandes and Ben Yedder.

When signing centre backs, there is nothing wrong with wanting players who are proven in this league.

I'd also prefer to sign someone like Maguire who would be happy to commit the rest of his career to the club, than say a player like De Ligt who will be angling for a move to Real Madrid or Barcelona in two years time.
I agree that having someone proven in the league is a plus but not for this price & we ain't sure he actually suits the system.
Not going to deny that Maguire did well so far but he is rather slow and turns like a tank.
I just think he isn't suited for our preferred style of play.

Reynoldo

He's 21 for feck sake.
Thats not really relevant though in terms of us being prepared for all eventualities next season is it? I wasn't being over negative, just trying to plan ahead for what is most likely to occur based off what we have seen to date.

diarm

Thats not really relevant though in terms of us being prepared for all eventualities next season is it? I wasn't being over negative, just trying to plan ahead for what is most likely to occur based off what we have seen to date.
Yes it is. He'll be older and more experienced this season and as with all young players, will become more consistent as he develops.

For a club that places so much emphasis on youth, it's infuriating how little respect our fans have for the process of bringing young talent through.

The idea that Haller would be any more consistent than Rashford is nonsense. I agree that we should be looking to replace Lukaku because he simply isn't good enough but the constant digging at Rashford is so unnecessary.

Ben Yedder would be a great signing for a couple of years while Rashford, Martial and Greenwood develop further.

NYAS

It's not clear at all. You're taking your own bigotry and projecting it onto United.
You seem to be disturbed by the word used. I don’t give a feck what term is used, this isn’t a politics thread. You know that I mean we’re mostly going for British players. But of course that doesn’t matter, as long as you come in here and play’s devil’s advocate. That’s all you really care about.

pacifictheme

Give him 5 minutes.. He needs to check the Fifa ratings and fire up his FM Scout Genie.
Just an fyi most clubs buy football managers data, its that good. They have one of the most comprehensive scouting networks in the world. Its quite amazing.

Lemansky

https://www.skysports.com/football/...tenham-sign-tanguy-ndombele-for-65m-from-lyon

Confirmed and Spurs are ahead of us in transfer window. They've not lost any players yet and gained one of the stand out summer signings.

Their squad was also better than us before transfer window so 4th is best we can expect unless some big business is done
It’s still 02 of July. Other teams will also sign good players. We need to worry about ourselves and strengthen where we should.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
After Maguire we still need 3 signings imo. 2 CM’s and a RW. Then it depends on Pogba and Lukaku.

That is the big problem. What is the cut-off point where they say, you are going nowhere? The fact that the European window is open after ours closes is a pain. Will we just sign players for their positions anyway or are we going to hang on and see what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.