Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

onemanarmy

https://www.skysports.com/football/...tenham-sign-tanguy-ndombele-for-65m-from-lyon

Confirmed and Spurs are ahead of us in transfer window. They've not lost any players yet and gained one of the stand out summer signings.

Their squad was also better than us before transfer window so 4th is best we can expect unless some big business is done
There is no such thing as being ahead of us in the transfer window. Better players than him have come to the PL and failed.
We need to strengthen and I'm sure we will, we have already addressed the position that was the most urgent (RB). Teams can grow without doing transfers too. We have a lot of players who could have a much better season then last year.

UnitedObsession99

It’s still 02 of July. Other teams will also sign good players. We need to worry about ourselves and strengthen where we should.
I should have been clearer. Not saying we aren't going to win the race, i fully expect we will, but we started with a surging run and looked on track for an outright win and instead we have slipped behind Spurs.

Seeing it like horse racing!

Ndombele really is a massive signing though. Just 22, they have him on a 5+1, he is an unbelievably quick and skillful midfielder. We should have been all over that deal.

The next big signings will be Fernandes who i think is a bigger signing than Ndombele and after that De Ligt who we all expect is going to Juve.

Neymar might be the biggest name to move, but I'm not convinced it will happen and if it does I'm not convinced it will be a good deal for Barca! Too much drama, loves his Jan parties with his sister!

bucky

Lyon are close to signing Sampdoria defender Joachim Andersen; negotiations now at an advanced stage, deal could close at €25m + bonuses - Di Marzio

VanGaalyTime

I should have been clearer. Not saying we aren't going to win the race, i fully expect we will, but we started with a surging run and looked on track for an outright win and instead we have slipped behind Spurs.

Seeing it like horse racing!

Ndombele really is a massive signing though. Just 22, they have him on a 5+1, he is an unbelievably quick and skillful midfielder. We should have been all over that deal.

The next big signings will be Fernandes who i think is a bigger signing than Ndombele and after that De Ligt who we all expect is going to Juve.

Neymar might be the biggest name to move, but I'm not convinced it will happen and if it does I'm not convinced it will be a good deal for Barca! Too much drama, loves his Jan parties with his sister!
Ndombele seems like a good signing, it's true. But I remember many said the same about Bakayoko to Chelsea. You never know how a player will transfer his form from one club to the next. It also might mean Spurs are selling Eriksen.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Ed should

Lyon are close to signing Sampdoria defender Joachim Andersen; negotiations now at an advanced stage, deal could close at €25m + bonuses - Di Marzio
Steal at 25m

mad1max954

Must be some way of recouping money for our CB’s. If Maguire signs we have him, lindelof, smalling, Jones, rojo, Bailey, TFM and axel. That’s 8!

We have backups for our backups, backups. :confused::confused::confused:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ndombele seems like a good signing, it's true. But I remember many said the same about Bakayoko to Chelsea. You never know how a player will transfer his form from one club to the next. It also might mean Spurs are selling Eriksen.
Bakayoko has never been a good player though, he had a surprisingly good first half of season in 2016/2017, in what was his last chance before being jettisoned.

Reynoldo

Yes it is. He'll be older and more experienced this season and as with all young players, will become more consistent as he develops.

For a club that places so much emphasis on youth, it's infuriating how little respect our fans have for the process of bringing young talent through.

The idea that Haller would be any more consistent than Rashford is nonsense. I agree that we should be looking to replace Lukaku because he simply isn't good enough but the constant digging at Rashford is so unnecessary.

Ben Yedder would be a great signing for a couple of years while Rashford, Martial and Greenwood develop further.
And I’m not one of the ones against nurturing our young players man so no need to take it out on me. Of course Rashford can improve and become the leading the line striker we need just in my opinion it’s at least a season too early to count on that.

Agree that Ben Yedder would probably be the more sensible option in terms of experience, cost and age in providing a sensible pathway to allow our younger players time to come good while having the necessary cover.

izec

We will be interested in him in a year or two for 60m

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
At their ages they would. But I'm not sure that half of them have the potential to be as good as Maguire.
More to the point, none are as good as Maguire right now. They're all young players with potential. They may or may not work out. Maguire on the other hand is a known quantity. Not WC maybe, but a solid player

Gasolin

I understand your point - he'd go back to Real Madrid a better player if we developed him. (I believe that's your point, anyway? Please feel free to correct me.).

BUT - what if he develops with us, and then he loves Manchester and wants to stay? What if he's superior to what we have right now, would improve us next season and then we get into the Champions League? He leaves, but he leaves us in a better position than when he started? I know short-term thinking isn't ideal. particularly as we've had 7 years in a row of short-termism. But surely we must think about the coming season as well? We can't simply continue to write off our upcoming seasons, as we did last year. We need quality, regardless of age and country of origin, and we need it right now.
There is no such thing if you do not have an automatic option to buy. Look at Morata, he wanted to stay at Juventus, but he could not, because Real saw his value went up and took him back to sell him back. Same thing happened with Morientes when he was at Monaco and did a good job, etc... in short, if you don't have a certified deal to keep the player, it never works the way you describe, regardless of what the player wants. So not a good move.

Welbeckham

Still confused about people not wanting Maguire. He’d instantly become one of our best players and strenghten us significantly. Not many other realistic signings I’d say the same thing about.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Still confused about people not wanting Maguire. He’d instantly become one of our best players and strenghten us significantly. Not many other realistic signings I’d say the same thing about.
People are weird, it’s as simple as that really.

PoTMS

And yet we will spend 3-4x that on Maguire. Sickening.

MUFC OK

We should probably be all over this at that price.

Gasolin

I'm interested in what our playing style and formation is going to be.

Ole favoured a 4-4-2 diamond in big games but then that negates signing James and our interest in Sancho.

We have to sign a RW you'd figure.
My personal take is that 4 4 2 diamond was a necessity because we couldn't have a winger to supplement Rashford and Martial effectively. I don't think Ole is a 4 4 2 diamond guy. The best way to understand him is probably to look at Molde or the way he coached the United youth team, did he really use diamond that much? It seems that he's a 4 2 4 1 or 4 3 3 type of guy. They wanted to win the ball high up on the field apparently, but struggled because of the fitness forcing a lot of rotation.

I don't know how good Ole is, but I do want to believe that he has thought about the game a lot to impact the game as a sub. For me, the way he wants to overcrowd one area of the pitch and counter balance is very similar to the way Pep sees the game, so why not. It just requires tremendous work from the full backs and everyone in general.

OleGunnar20

If that was the case then they would buy both players. I get your logic but I can't think of anything similar that has set a precedent for this type of deal and it sounds bonkers. Can't see Palace going along with some weird double player deal which would clearly raise massive questions and likely bring a ton of negative PR, in order to go help Arsenal sign a player they don't really want to sell. You're having to make a lot of ifs and buts to an already pretty random idea. I don't mean to sound harsh but it just sounds mental mate.
Haha not harsh at all mate no worries. Probably a bit bonkers but hey, stranger things have happened - Bebe the walking bribe, Neymar's revenge transfer, this whole business with Spanish sides swapping second keepers for a FFP fix this summer.

Football World is pretty bonkers.

Funky Futurista

I'm fine with the Longstaff deal. He's 21 years' old and is highly rated. And 25m-30m is nothing for United. But Maguire is a different case. We'd be spending a majority of our transfer budget on a defender that doesn't take us to that next level of play. He's a good, but not great player. For 70m, we need a genuine, world-class defender ready to make a difference right now. Look at Laporte, who City signed for 65m a season ago as an example. That's the kind of player you can get for that sort of money.
I agree on Maguire, but Ole might see something that we don't. We all sit here high and mighty behind our screens, but in reality very few of us have seen the players we discuss more than a couple of matches each season. Adding another PL proven defender in addition to Wan-Bissaka might be just what we need to bring stability to our defence. It's not only about what each player brings, it's about the sum of the parts we bring in. At least that's how I view it.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
That valuation should anger Maguire and United.

I know they decide what they want for him, but it's like they think it's some sort of get-rich-quick scheme when they see United coming.

I'd be furious if I signed for a club on the premise that I'd give everything for them whilst I'm there with a view to them making a profit and me getting my big move, only for them to be so greedy when it comes to selling.

GwilDor

I have no idea why ole isn't going for Toby. If we Iand up paying a world record fee for Maguire he will be under so much pressure and comparison with Virgil, he will crumble. He just isn't worth it.

Silly.
Here is a crazy idea; What if Alderweireld doesn’t want to join us? Or if he wants Sanchez sized wages to do the switch. He honestly plays for a better team today, so even though United are a bigger club, its not clear cut that he’d want the move...

Infra-red

That's an absolute bargain. Not as good in the air as Maguire, but better on the ball and a quarter of the price.

Rafaeldagold

90 million is just silly & they’re trying to fleece us- 70 should be the absolute max we pay.

Let’s move on

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Can you imagine if we actually pay £90m for Maguire? Unless he improve massively at a top club, I feel like we would look like mugs.

I feel that we wants this signing. I could see us offering initial £70m with adds on that reached £90m based on qualifications like qualifying for champions league, win ballon d’or, head shrink smaller and win the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.