Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

OleGunnar20

Dont know why we keep begging him to stay. We already offered him plenty, and he rejected it. It is quite obvious what he wants. He will stay if we offer him a ridiculous amount, otherwise he will leave on a free next year and get a ridiculous amount from his next club.
Yep move on I say. If we want to build a committed core team we need to make some hard decisions, including whether questionable attitudes such as De Gea & Pogba can be a part of that core.

I like to cut of Hendo's jib personally, seems really dedicated to the club along with having big potential. He strikes me as a guy who'll work to reach that potential too, not the classic high potential English bottler we've seen over the years.

I'd be more than happy to see him have a year with SUFC this year, see if he's ready to take over once De Gea flies South next summer.

Let's start setting some good precident around here.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Sell him before PSG buy Donnarumma or some other keeper, otherwise there aren't many clubs that could offer decent return.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Just let him go FFS, no keeper is worth that much, especially one who has so many short comings and is only a great shot stopper.
If it's true, it's fooking ridiculous -- goalie at 350k? Lingard will be expecting 250k/wk just for his videos at this rate.

It's pointless grovelling for DDG to stay. It's like our first relationship break-up when we would almost beg for her/him to get back together. Enough humiliation for United.

He can fook off.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
With all the holes in the squad people want to create another one, by selling our best player over the last 5 years. I'd rather we spend some of the money we earn on keeping our best players. If he still wants to go in a year or 2 then fair enough, we'll get a lot more for him when he's not free in 12 months.

Ace of Spades

If it's true, it's fooking ridiculous -- goalie at 350k? Lingard will be expecting 250k/wk just for his videos at this rate.

It's pointless grovelling for DDG to stay. It's like our first relationship break-up when we would almost beg for her/him to get back together. Enough humiliation for United.

He can fook off.
We also have Henderson as a young player from the academy who is performing very well. We can sell him and buy a replacement, or can just keep him for a season longer and then play Henderson, who will get a year on loan in the PL. There is no need for this desperation.

sglowrider

We also have Henderson as a young player from the academy who is performing very well. We can sell him and buy a replacement, or can just keep him for a season longer and then play Henderson, who will get a year on loan in the PL. There is no need for this desperation.
If we don't draw the line nowish, Woodie will bankrupt the club. WTF.

We may need the Saudis out of desperation to bail the Glazers out at this rate -- who will pay them a million a week but at a price for failure. Bone Saw United.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
With all the holes in the squad people want to create another one, by selling our best player over the last 5 years. I'd rather we spend some of the money we earn on keeping our best players. If he still wants to go in a year or 2 then fair enough, we'll get a lot more for him when he's not free in 12 months.
It's tricky.

For the first time ever in his United career he's had a serious drop in form which led to several high profile goals which lasted for a span of 10-12 games. Normally you'd wave that off as being a one off and continue as normal. However he wants more than 350k a week. Worst case scenario his form continues to be erratic, what do we do then? We have a player on insanely high wages who the big clubs will avoid due to his inconsistent form. Alternatively we cash in now when he's still going to be valued high and we free up his wages allowing for a younger keeper to come in.

It's unfortunate timing given the state of our squad, but we should at least be considering it imo.

LonelyFire

If Spurs have secured Ceballos on loan from Madrid then that’s good business (again) from Levy. Think Betis tried to overplay their hand by using Utd to up the bid from Spurs.

Sanche7

Why would Oblak come?
Atletico have lost/will probably lose a number of key players. Godin, Griezmann, Rodri, Costa to name a few. There is no guarantee they will be able to compete the next season, this will be a very good time to jump ship especially since he has said on previous occasions that he would like to play in the PL one day. Plus a bigger paycheck

But I can't see Atlético agreeing to a swap deal. Oblak has a 120 mill release clause, no way is DDG worth 120 mill, not to mention don't think they will be interested in paying him 350k

izec

It's tricky.

For the first time ever in his United career he's had a serious drop in form which led to several high profile goals which lasted for a span of 10-12 games. Normally you'd wave that off as being a one off and continue as normal. However he wants more than 350k a week. Worst case scenario his form continues to be erratic, what do we do then? We have a player on insanely high wages who the big clubs will avoid due to his inconsistent form. Alternatively we cash in now when he's still going to be valued high and we free up his wages allowing for a younger keeper to come in.

It's unfortunate timing given the state of our squad, but we should at least be considering it imo.
He will reject all contract offers and move on next summer anyway. Our only hope is PSG coming in with a nice bid and huge wages to pull him there, but i doubt it. If PSG go for Donnarumma now, De Gea will leave for free to Juve next summer is my guess (maybe Atletico if Oblak leaves next year).

Nickosaur

Just swap the fecker with Oblak. I'm sure he'll want to go back home. His heart is not in it anymore.
A straight swap, why not. I know it's not that simple but if he won't accept 350k a week we should be looking to get rid now.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He will reject all contract offers and move on next summer anyway. Our only hope is PSG coming in with a nice bid and huge wages to pull him there, but i doubt it. If PSG go for Donnarumma now, De Gea will leave for free to Juve next summer is my guess (maybe Atletico if Oblak leaves next year).
The only clubs that could afford his wage demands would be PSG, Juventus and Madrid anyway. Pretty sure if he was made available PSG would jump at him, i'd be staggered if they went for Donnarumma over De Gea.

Ace of Spades

If we don't draw the line nowish, Woodie will bankrupt the club. WTF.

We may need the Saudis out of desperation to bail the Glazers out at this rate -- who will pay them a million a week but at a price for failure. Bone Saw United.
His form has been shit ever since the WC. And kept making big mistakes in the last few games. This is just too much money for a keeper. Get the CBs sorted, and a good DM to shield that defence and we will improve our defence even if we play Romero in goal.

Member 90887

His form has been shit ever since the WC. And kept making big mistakes in the last few games. This is just too much money for a keeper. Get the CBs sorted, and a good DM to shield that defence and we will improve our defence even if we play Romero in goal.
Exactly, he's one of the reasons we missed on TOP 4 this year. He has been extremely dodgy the second half of the season.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He'll see out his contract and join Juventus/PSG on a free next summer.

Either Henderson has a monster first season in the PL at Sheffield and is ready to take the mantle next season, or we actually get a CL finish and manage to attract a top class replacement.

sglowrider

This.

Its just not sustainable. Rasford at 21 gets 200+k/week. A million a week at his peak years?

Then we wonder why we have folks who are mercenaries. :rolleyes:

MichaelB1807

He can fook off.[/QUOTE]

Speak for yourself. I just kept the head.

Last edited by a moderator:

UnitedObsession99

Why don't these Italian clubs do business like sane human beings instead of begging and bargaining like old crones?
I'm guessing Italian football hasn't grown as quickly from a wealth point of view e.g. TV money so maybe they are struggling to keep up, although that hasn't stopped some insane deals being done, but maybe that's part of the problem. One or two superstars to fuel their commercial business and then pocket change left after that.

Canagel

His form has been shit ever since the WC. And kept making big mistakes in the last few games. This is just too much money for a keeper. Ge and a good DM to shield that defence and we will improve our defence even if we play Romero in goal.
Too much sense for the hierarchy at the club.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I'm guessing Italian football hasn't grown as quickly from a wealth point of view e.g. TV money so maybe they are struggling to keep up, although that hasn't stopped some insane deals being done, but maybe that's part of the problem. One or two superstars to fuel their commercial business and then pocket change left after that.
Then they shouldn't be bidding for players out of their price range and with silly loan deals. No side in the world is foolish enough to let a striker in the middle of his prime years on loan for 2 years and for a 10M fee.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It would be so good! Incredible how fast out fans turned away from him and declared him "past it", with the assumption that we can easily replace or even improve on him.

edit: that was before I've read that he rejected the 350k per week. That's a bit insane, although we'll still not going to be able to replace him properly if he goes.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It would be so good! Incredible how fast out fans turned away from him and declared him "past it", with the assumption that we can easily replace or even improve on him.

Yep. World class goalkeeper and it would be great to have continued stability in one fecking position on the pitch!

Rolaholic

Rodrigo will be a new Man City player, their representatives came to a €70m agreement today
Can't wait until we answer with Longstaff!

Status
Not open for further replies.