Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

United_We_Stand

Miguel Ángel Lara: Spurs appear to be the favourites to secure his signature.
Los Blancos would like to include a buy-back option in the deal and Tottenham are not opposed to this idea.
There is a third team from England who are keeping an eye on things, too: Liverpool. They have moved discreetly, but their interest has grown in recent weeks. The Champions League holders would not consider a loan move, though, and would instead want to buy him outright without any chance for Madrid to buy him back.

kerryman

More briefings today by Woodward. Meanwhile Leicester sign one of the best midfielders in the world for 40m. You just know they've got a Maguire replacement lined up for 20-30m as well.
If Leicester keep Maguire (and add Tielemans and Perez) they could probably finish ahead of us in the league next year. They have solid first 11 and a well functioning team unlike ours which is full of holes, over-rated/overpaid players and players who don't want to be there.

Kearnkoff69

More briefings today by Woodward. Meanwhile Leicester sign one of the best midfielders in the world for 40m. You just know they've got a Maguire replacement lined up for 20-30m as well.
I like Tielemans and think he has a lot of potential, but please explain how he's one of the best midfielders in the world. More extreme over-exaggerations and moaning on the Caf, shocker.

Velvet Revolver

Not our style. We'll wait until he moves to Leicester or Spurs and then becomes a 100m player before we bid. Not sure who the replacement will be (If i were in charge of these things, Bristol City's Adam Webster would be the top target, maybe Nathan Jones of Stoke). But they'll sign him for 30 or less, and he'll be worth 60m in a year or two.
Although I agree that we need to buy talents but do you think the players you mentioned would get the right progression at united as opposed to leicester or stoke?

VanGaalyTime

If Leicester keep Maguire (and add Tielemans and Perez) they could probably finish ahead of us in the league next year. They have solid first 11 and a well functioning team unlike ours which is full of holes, over-rated/overpaid players and players who don't want to be there.
Agreed. I think they have a significant chance to finish above us, even if we buy Maguire from them for 80m. Like Everton and Wolves, Leicester appear to have a stronger scouting network than United. This means they'll bring in the right players for a small amount of money. Then they'll sell when the player's value is at its peak and repeat the cycle. It's how we've come to a point at which these teams are now considered our rivals. I'm glad we're being a little smarter in this transfer window. I like Longstaff a lot, and while I'm cautiously optimistic about Dan James. But only really AWB improves our 11. And even then, we'd need a right winger and a first 11 central midfielder to stay in the top 6.

VanGaalyTime

Although I agree that we need to buy talents but do you think the players you mentioned would get the right progression at united as opposed to leicester or stoke?
If a player has the ability you buy them. I don't think we can afford to wait anymore. It's just not financially viable to keep buying 60m-70m punts and hope they work out. Look what Chelsea and City are doing. They spend 10-15m (Jack Harrison, Patrick Roberts, Marlos Moreno, Mario Pasalic) often on players they have no intention of putting in their first team immediately. They then loan them out for fees, and see if they fulfill their promise. When they don't (Ihenacho, Enes Unal), they sell them with buyback clause in the offchance they improve. In these terms, Dan James wouldn't be a first team player but a store of value and potential loanee for next season.

Velvet Revolver

If a player has the ability you buy them. I don't think we can afford to wait anymore. It's just not financially viable to keep buying 60m-70m punts and hope they work out. Look what Chelsea and City are doing. They spend 10-15m (Jack Harrison, Patrick Roberts, Marlos Moreno, Mario Pasalic) often on players they have no intention of putting in their first team immediately. They then loan them out for fees, and see if they fulfill their promise. When they don't (Ihenacho, Enes Unal), they sell them with buyback clause in the offchance they improve. In these terms, Dan James wouldn't be a first team player but a store of value and potential loanee for next season.
No intention of playing ever actually. I don't see any young talent academy or otherwise playing for teams like Chelsea or City. This is just a strategy to either fill the squad with 'british' players for league rules or just a ploy to show teams are looking for future ( I mean pep was infamous for having a unfilled subs bench).

Anyways, I digress this whole buying players in bulk for cheap and hoping 1 out of 5 do well is not a good strategy when we need firs teamers with some sort of experience. It worked during the fergie years because we had a solid core we added talent and young players to the mix to accentuate an already good team.

Nick7

No intention of playing ever actually. I don't see any young talent academy or otherwise playing for teams like Chelsea or City. This is just a strategy to either fill the squad with 'british' players for league rules or just a ploy to show teams are looking for future ( I mean pep was infamous for having a unfilled subs bench).

Anyways, I digress this whole buying players in bulk for cheap and hoping 1 out of 5 do well is not a good strategy when we need firs teamers with some sort of experience. It worked during the fergie years because we had a solid core we added talent and young players to the mix to accentuate an already good team.
He's also conveniently forgetting that Chelsea and City do buy players for 60-70 million...

Zoo

Despite competition from several major European clubs, including Manchester United and Real Madrid, OL is close to concluding the signing of the first pro contract of its young prodigy @rayan_cherki.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If Pogba really wants to go, I would take the 60m and Dybala in a heartbeat. No point in forcing Pogba to stay. Yeah he was awesome in patches last season but if he's not going to improve on that which is unlikely if his head has been turned, it makes sense to cash in and the Dybala deal is a no-brainer.

pascell

he really is a prize A twat isn't he. happy to sit on the bench for three years.
How does that make him a prize A twat? He's fully entitled to sit on the bench for three years and take his pay, it's the fault of Real for giving him such a long term contract on so much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.