Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
What’s the alternative?
Let him leave next year for free, which would be a £50m asset walking out the door for a big fat £0, for everyone to throw their toys out of the prame like they did with Herrera, then spend £50/60/70m on a replacement?

£350k a week might be a lot of money, but it’s cheaper than losing him on a free and having to spend big money (using Ederson, Kepa and Alison as ballpark figurers) on a replacement.

De Gea on £350k for 5 years is £91m.
Buying a replacement for say £60m and paying him £150k for 5 years is £99m.
If he’s on that sort of money he won’t go anywhere. He’s set for the rest of his career. If he doesn’t leave now, he most likely won’t ever. Similar to Hazard in the sense that everyone waited and waited until he finally went when he had one year left on his contract. De Gea seems to be happy at this level.

Red Daz

Amazing how many criticise DDG for a few bad games , weigh it up with how good he normally is over a period of years not weeks, he’s probably the only player that deserves a new deal after last season

Last edited:

Trophy Room

What’s the alternative?
Let him leave next year for free, which would be a £50m asset walking out the door for a big fat £0, for everyone to throw their toys out of the prame like they did with Herrera, then spend £50/60/70m on a replacement?

£350k a week might be a lot of money, but it’s far cheaper than losing him on a free and having to spend big money (using Ederson, Kepa and Alison as ballpark figurers) on a replacement.
I think you are looking at cost in the wrong way. The goal keeping position is vitally important for the overall success of the team. The success of the team is ultimately what generates income. I think Liverpool is a great case in point. If you then have a goal keeper that is not up to task earning that kind of money on a long contract, how do propose that we shift him and upgrade? He’ll be a very expensive substitute without even considering the implications on our wage structure.

I might be in the minority but purely from a footballing perspective I think it is time to consider a change/upgrade.

Trophy Room

Are you surprised when Rashford's new contract is around 250k a week?
The problem here is that all this information is purely newspaper speculation. Concern rather than surprise is what comes to mind if this is truly reflective of our wage structure. Im not sure it’s sustainable.

IrishRedDevil

I think you are looking at cost in the wrong way. The goal keeping position is vitally important for the overall success of the team. The success of the team is ultimately what generates income. I think Liverpool is a great case in point. If you then have a goal keeper that is not up to task earning that kind of money on a long contract, how do propose that we shift him and upgrade? He’ll be a very expensive substitute without even considering the implications on our wage structure.

I might be in the minority but purely from a footballing perspective I think it is time to consider a change/upgrade.
So you are ignoring De Gea being our best and most consistent player for about 5 years and being named in 4 PL Teams of the Year, and using his end of season blip (when the entire team and especially defence was rubbish) as a gauge to how he will perform for the next 5 years?
Fairly blinkered approach.

I am hoping that when he signs a new contract and all that is cleared up, he can then focus on football only and get back to his top level that we all seen for many years. The contract situation was clearly a distraction and unfortunately affected performances.

Trophy Room

So you are ignoring De Gea being our best and most consistent player for about 5 years and being named in 4 PL Teams of the Year, and using his end of season blip (when the entire team and especially defence was rubbish) as a gauge to how he will perform for the next 5 years?
Fairly blinkered approach.

I am hoping that when he signs a new contract and all that is cleared up, he can then focus on football only and get back to his top level that we all seen for many years. The contract situation was clearly a distraction and unfortunately affected performances.
I’m not ignoring anything. He was the worlds best shot stopper and he won those awards because the rest of the team was so shit. I think it’s pure fantasy that contract-related distractions were the cause of his decline last season. You would hope that he returns to his shot stopping best but in my opinion he’s a terrible communicator thereby contributing to defensive disorganisation, doesn’t command his box as well as he should and his ability with his feet his wholly suboptimal for modern day football. I don’t think he’ll get any better as a goal keeper and there is every chance he’ll get worse.

Fox outside the box

I’m not ignoring anything. He was the worlds best shot stopper and he won those awards because the rest of the team was so shit. I think it’s pure fantasy that contract-related distractions were the cause of his decline last season. You would hope that he returns to his shot stopping best but in my opinion he’s a terrible communicator thereby contributing to defensive disorganisation, doesn’t command his box as well as he should and his ability with his feet his wholly suboptimal for modern day football. I don’t think he’ll get any better as a goal keeper and there is every chance he’ll get worse.
This sums up how fickle fans are.

NotQuiteManc

A fan of Saul. An upgrade to Herrera, but still even if United buy him, the squad need another quality and different type of CM/AM/DM.

Trophy Room

This sums up how fickle fans are.
Not necessarily. I think it’s important to truly appreciate where we finished last season and how far away we were from the winners of the major trophies. Name calling per se doesnt help anyone but critically appraising all our players irrespective of their stature or performances in past years will allow us to see where improvements are needed. If a team fails, then reviewing its spine is always a good place to start. De Gea is part of that. Fergie was a master at spotting when players needed to be moved on and this is one of the ways he ensured he remained at the top.

United_We_Stand

Jose Felix Diaz: Manchester United now negotiating for Pogba as they hunt replacement
What only a few days ago was a flat out no has now turned into a request for patience in Manchester United's stance towards a summer exit for star midfielder Paul Pogba.

NoMidfielders

Lazio were desperate to cash in on SMS last summer cause they knew his value would never be higher. Not sure he's the guy we should be looking at, saying that I've only seen him play a handful of times so maybe he's a lot better than I realise.

Woodenlung

Atleri have already lost a great midfielder this summer. Saul has a release clause so they're out of luck if United activate it. But don't expect them to be accommodating if we ask to negotiate a payment structure.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What did coutinho do to get that price then?? Be Brazilian?
Neymar left, barcelona needed a big signing to placate the fans, they gave their word to the player that they would sign to the point they convinced him to go on strike to try and force the sale, and the guy behind this signing, Pep Segura, had some sort of personal vendetta against Liverpool apparently :lol:

ForestRGoinUp

Pogba’s replacement should have already been bought. The Saul and SMS briefings are just big money names Eddy can throw out there to whet the appetite.

As if we’re going to pull off some last minute big money replacement. A guy like Saul is someone we would have to be recruiting for a year or more, convincing him this project is right. Our last 12 months have been anything but convincing.

Castia

Jose Felix Diaz: Manchester United now negotiating for Pogba as they hunt replacement
What only a few days ago was a flat out no has now turned into a request for patience in Manchester United's stance towards a summer exit for star midfielder Paul Pogba.

If he leaves we generally need 3 midfielders.

Our board isn’t capable to get the deals done alongside other areas we need to strengthen.

I just can’t believe how poorly run everything is, it’s incredible to see a multi billion pound world renowned ‘brand’ in Manchester United being run by absolute fecking non-footballing muppets.

The laughing stock of world football.

Status
Not open for further replies.