Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know the first rule of the transfer tweet thread is you do not moan about lower league tweets. However, seeing as there are a number of posts now that contain maybe 3-4 tweets at a time, wouldn't that be a great compromise. You can post lower league tweets of course, but cluster them together so as not to get peoples' hopes up that something is happening that is of even minor concern to United supporters?

King Eric 7

Considering we spent £50m on AWB and need an £80m centre back, I guess funds are tight if we're looking to bring in two midfielders. A "decent midfielder with a reasonable skill set" sounds just like Herrera himself, so I guess we shouldn't be too underwhelmed by that description.

United_We_Stand

Pablo Polo: ...due to the current market and United's unwillingness to sell, Los Blancos will have to cough up a fee in the region of 180 million euros to bring him to Madrid - a record transfer for any Spanish club.

VanGaalyTime

Considering we spent £50m on AWB and need an £80m centre back, I guess funds are tight if we're looking to bring in two midfielders. A "decent midfielder with a reasonable skill set" sounds just like Herrera himself, so I guess we shouldn't be too underwhelmed by that description.
I don't know how funds are tight? We spent only 70m of our 250m budget last year. And this year we have a 250m budget again, according to the club. Now, if we sell Lukaku and Pogba, we should have about 450m to spend. I would hope the vast majority will be spent on players this summer. And not back into the Glazer's pockets.

King Eric 7

I don't know how funds are tight? We spent only 70m of our 250m budget last year. And this year we have a 250m budget again, according to the club. Now, if we sell Lukaku and Pogba, we should have about 450m to spend. I would hope the vast majority will be spent on players this summer. And not back into the Glazer's pockets.
I don't believe we have a £250m budget (net spend). We've already spent £50m and we're looking to get Maguire (£75 - 80m?). I don't think we'll be buying £50m+ players for each position as the Glazers won't sanction that kind of spending.

AaronRedDevil

We probabaly have way less to spend this summer excluding pogba and Lukaku price. There's so much pussy footing around it feels Like we've already spent all the money that the Glaziers allowed. 50m for wissaka and James 15-20m. That Would explain that we haven't spent anything since then. Just waiting to sell Lukaku and Pogba only to have the money to spend again. At least that's what it feels like.

peridigm

Business 101. Use it or lose it.

VanGaalyTime

We probabaly have way less to spend this summer excluding pogba and Lukaku price. There's so much pussy footing around it feels Like we've already spent all the money that the Glaziers allowed. 50m for wissaka and James 15-20m. That Would explain that we haven't spent anything since then. Just waiting to sell Lukaku and Pogba only to have the money to spend again. At least that's what it feels like.
Can you imagine a situation where the owners only let the club spend 65m after finishing 40 points behind the leaders? We need a significant overhaul and I'm confident that we'll spend the 300m required to get us back to the top.

King Eric 7

Can you imagine a situation where the owners only let the club spend 65m after finishing 40 points behind the leaders? We need a significant overhaul and I'm confident that we'll spend the 300m required to get us back to the top.
I think you're going to go nuts once it hits deadline day. I can't see us spending anywhere near that unless the sale of Pogba raises the funds to do so.

NoMidfielders

Lemina offers something different to our current options unlike Longstaff. Not sure he's great but we definitely need a bit more variety cause without Pogba they're all pretty similar.

Irishman

As days and weeks pass by before the window closes, it's fairly evident the club are not backing the manager this window.

Their penny pinching policy doesn't even allow us to compete with Leicester for £40 million midfield signings or allow us to put in formal bids for Longstaff or Bruno. (or we even really interested?)

No investment to put us back were we belong.

New contracts for several players who clearly don't deserve them. Why?

Woodward probably thinks this means the fans will be gullable enough to be satisfied with the new contracts for some minor popular players. (Mata really?!?)

Players on new contracts mean positions don't need filled and therefore no requirement to empty a non existent transfer kitty.

They really do think we are that stupid!

It's becoming more obvious that we are heading for another train crash of a transfer window.

Don't be surprised if we have already concluded our business.

The best we can hope for is that the Glazers are urgently seeking new owners as their cash cow begins to slowly die.

Goes without saying... But I'll say it anyway.... Club in utter turmoil.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Pablo Polo: ...due to the current market and United's unwillingness to sell, Los Blancos will have to cough up a fee in the region of 180 million euros to bring him to Madrid - a record transfer for any Spanish club.
If they pay £150m for Pogba we should insist they change that Twitter handle to @realmadridden as part of the deal!

:cool:

Cantona in disguise

As days and weeks pass by before the window closes, it's fairly evident the club are not backing the manager this window.

Their penny pinching policy doesn't even allow us to compete with Leicester for £40 million midfield signings or allow us to put in formal bids for Longstaff or Bruno. (or we even really interested?)

Woodward probably thinks this means the fans will be gullable enough to be satisfied with the new contracts for some minor popular players. (Mata really?!?)

Players on new contracts mean positions don't need filled and therefore no requirement to empty a non existent transfer kitty.

It's becoming more obvious that we are heading for another train crash of a transfer window.

The best we can hope for is that the Glazers are urgently seeking new owners as their cash cow begins to slowly die.

Not our greatest period by any stretch but utter turmoil? Come on that's well over dramatic even for the transfer thread.

SapperBRed75

On the other hand, might be some good news? Who knows? I don’t. Maybe you have some insight that I lack. I think I’ll wait and see what’s happened at the point that the window closes before I draw my conclusions and torture myself. Cheer up, might never happen.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21

Last edited:

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
This seems like the worst summer possible for you guys to sell Lukaku. He's not top class by any means, but there's not even anyone on his level available to replace him.

I'd have him back at Chelsea in a heartbeat.

Rish Sawhney

This seems like the worst summer possible for you guys to sell Lukaku. He's not top class by any means, but there's not even anyone on his level available to replace him.

80 mil and he's yours.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

You’re only saying that because you have a transfer ban!

Status
Not open for further replies.