Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
For whatever reason we appear to be ‘skint’ this summer.

I can’t help but question spending £80+mil on a player with [imo, limited] potential when we should be looking to invest in the ‘next’ Maguire type for cheaper [again, imo].

I can’t stand the scouse lot but it went; Firmino > Mane > Salah > VvD - People rave about the Klopp model yet we’re skipping 3 of 4 steps whilst selling our 2nd top goal scorer.

Transfer just feels i’ll timed & lazy to me - next summer when we’re quoted mad fees I hope people have the same energy about this transfer as they do about the Sánchez one.
Who has spent more than us in england? If we're skint everyone else must be in criminal levels of debt.

ArjenIsM3

Great experience in Europe, fantastic option from the bench for Walker, if they’re in need of a goal.
One of the most decorated players in the game, if not the most currently. Invaluable experience.
Makes more sense than a 50-60m deal for Cancelo.

But it seemed an odd move 2 years ago, for a once very fast full back on the slow down coming to the Premier league.
Even more so now.
The guy is 36!!

Sir Scott McToMinay

The guy is 36!!
So what?

Giggs at like 40 was the best player on the same pitch as Cristiano Ronaldo, prime Ozil and Xabi Alonso.
Alves seems to be in good shape, I think he could still contribute plenty as an attacking fullback when they’re chasing a game for example, or a winger when they want to defend a bit more.

FujiVice

When you have a team of studs, you can bring in some experience like Alves and he'd contribute. Fergie was a big believer in that.

Sir Scott McToMinay

29 is old for us, but 36 is great for City. :lol:
Our situation couldn’t be less similar to City really.
They have a world class highly functioning team, they could bring in Mark Noble and Juan Mata and they’ll do well for them.
They’re not signing him to be a first teamer, don’t think many in here moaned when we signed Lee Grant.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Our situation couldn’t be less similar to City really.
They have a world class highly functioning team, they could bring in Mark Noble and Juan Mata and they’ll do well for them.
They’re not signing him to be a first teamer, don’t think many in here moaned when we signed Lee Grant.
Really?

United_We_Stand

Jose Felix Diaz:
Ceballos' future has been a subject of much conjecture this summer, yet it now appears that Real Madrid no longer see the midfielder's departure as guaranteed.
As Pogba becomes a less and less attainable transfer target, the will of the club to keep the former Real Betis playmaker increases.
AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur have been the most interested teams in the midfielder ...
The final decision will be taken when the Spaniard returns to pre-season, yet what seemed like a sure exit is now not so sure.

Last edited:

Bullhitter

Supports
Chelsea
I'm amazed you guys haven't been linked with Josh King as a potential Lukaku replacement. PL proven, fast, energetic, came through United academy, Norwegian......

I think he'd be a safer alternative than someone like Ben Yedder.

I'm going to say Liverpool for this one. He linked well with Firmino and with Shaqiri injured (and not really after catching fire there yet anyway) I think Klopp would like another versatile attacking option. Plus the headlines of "Liverpool buy Everton" etc is too good an opportunity to miss.

Sir Scott McToMinay

I'm amazed you guys haven't been linked with Josh King as a potential Lukaku replacement. PL proven, fast, energetic, came through United academy, Norwegian......

I think he'd be a safer alternative than someone like Ben Yedder.

I'm going to say Liverpool for this one. He linked well with Firmino and with Shaqiri injured (and not really after catching fire there yet anyway) I think Klopp would like another versatile attacking option. Plus the headlines of "Liverpool buy Everton" etc is too good an opportunity to miss.
Yep, that’s value in the market, money well spent.

AFC NimbleThumb

If the maguire transfer is true we'll have outspend everyone in the league so far. How are we skint?
Who has spent more than us in england? If we're skint everyone else must be in criminal levels of debt.
It’s difficult to add context on a forum so I get latching onto the word ‘skint’ but here goes; we have in the last 2.5 windows [.5 as this window isn’t over] shown ourselves unwilling to speculate in order to accumulate, in accordance with the funds you would expect given the money the club generates.

We’re about to buy Maguire [likely] & are about to sell Lakaku [likely], instalments or not aside, & the relative costs of those deals will cancel each other out, so we’ll have spent about £70mil on AWB & the young Welsh Wizard.

We’ve also lost a number of first team squad members in the past year that were ‘high earners’ that haven’t been replaced in spite of leaving us short in areas.

So yes, you are both right [something that matters most on here apparently], we aren’t ‘skint’ compared to the vast majority of English/World Football but we also aren’t flexing anywhere near our financial muscle when the squad is in desperate need of calculated investment.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Jose Felix Diaz:
Ceballos' future has been a subject of much conjecture this summer, yet it now appears that Real Madrid no longer see the midfielder's departure as guaranteed.
As Pogba becomes a less and less attainable transfer target, the will of the club to keep the former Real Betis playmaker increases.
AC Milan and Tottenham Hotspur have been the most interested teams in the midfielder ...
The final decision will be taken when the Spaniard returns to pre-season, yet what seemed like a sure exit is now not so sure.
Unfortunately, I doubt it. I do not think his relationship with Zidane is the best, and I do not think he considers him capable of doing what he had in mind with Pogba. I think that with or without his signing, he will go on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.