Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishman

That’s a lot of money Barcelona are paying essentially, however they know that they’ve got to be up there when Messi steps down, surely they’ve seen what happened to us, Messi to them is as important as SAF was to us, and of the same type of a difference maker.

Neymar and Griezmann will do well for them, De Jong will too.
That’s a frightening attack, they’re going to walk the treble, regardless of their defense and manager.

Busquets
De Jong

Neymar
Messi
Griezmann

Suarez

Good luck to anyone who comes up against that, they’ll need it.
Ingredients may look fantastic but together the formula may not play out that way.

I love a curry and I love Ice Cream. Taste great separately but taken together and it tastes rather sickly.

Barca might be adding too many to the recipe!

Ian Reus

Ended 14 years of Grand National sweepstakes
Ingredients may look fantastic but together the formula may not play out that way.

I love a curry and I love Ice Cream. Taste great separately but taken together and it tastes rather sickly.

Your curry would quickly turn into a korma the minute the ice-cream melts into it.

cyberman

Suarez is done at the top level and Messis lack of movement sees them overrun away in Europe.
Its a weaker version of their attack before the Neymar sale. I can't see where this excitement is coming from.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Does it not concern you a bit that you have to buy left-backs that often? Clearly there’s something wrong with that area in your recruitment.
Berchiche was sold for profit due to FFP, players not good enough are moved on.

If we had lots of money to invest on a LB we could have a sure bet but Bernat looks good enough for now so we can afford to gamble on a cheap prospect again if Kurzawa is sold.

Classical Mechanic

Hudson Odoi is better than Rashford in my opinion
I agree in terms of talent. I’ve followed CHO for a few years now with England and can’t see a weakness in his game as a winger or wide forward. Technically he’s a level above Rashford.

He needs to convert it into performances at senior level in the PL and CL though and how he recovers from that injury will be interesting given the severity of it.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Arsenal have spent half their budget on a player they won't even have available for another 12 months.

Josep Dowling

That team would amount to nothing in the Champions League.

This isn't FM.

The midfield would constantly be overrun, because Messi and Suarez don't track back and it'd create poor structure throughout the team.

You need balance to win the Champions League.
Completely agree. They would have been better off buying De Ligt than Griezmann imo. I still don’t understand then buying him. Much like Coutinho. Only Messi can have the free role so I’m not sure what they want Griezmann to do.

jesperjaap

Hermoso was a definitely an interesting pick up. Will be great to watch a refreshed Atletico next year.
Yeah, think there recruitment has been excellent for quite a while now, especially with there strikers Aguero, Falcao, Costa, Felix maybe now, they just keep on replacing well

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Suarez on the bench...

jesperjaap

Looks like Juve and Barca might dominate Europe for a while with the squads they have, makes our squad ultra-lightweight
Not sure that is the case at all. Juventus were absolutely smashed by Ajax and as great as a signing as DeLigt is, could be disruptive as they already have a great centre back pairing. There squad looks improved but is there first team?

Only saw Barcelona in champions league rather than league games last year but I wasnt impressed by them at all. We actually had plenty of opportunities if we took our chances early in each leg and Liverpool beat them quite comfortably. Griezmann and maybe Neymar are two great players, but smell trouble with those two, not even sure the fans will take to them after all the drama they have given in different ways.

Think they were weak at the back and not so good in midfield last year, De Jong could be a good signing, but I still think both City and Liverpool are better than both, Zidane and Hazard are now at Real and Atletico have made some very astute signings and there is always PSG, plus Spurs have made a great signing and look like doing more.

Actually thought the beginning of LAST season that this year ENglish teams would be dominating Europe again, already happened last year and with Chelseas transfer ban and average Arsenal in CL, not sure it will be so much the case this year but Messi and ROnaldo are another year older, I actually think neither side will make the semis this year

IrishRedDevil

Saliba has only played 16 first team games for St Etienne. Is he any good? Seems like quite a risk with such few games to scout him.

jesperjaap

We could do that.

£90m plus any two of Darmian, Rojo, Young, Jones, Matic or Lingard.

Heck, I'd even let them take three.
£0m + Jones, Rojo, Young, Darmian, Bailly, Matic, Mata, Lukaku

Actually its Neymar, forget it, take Lukaku out and do the same deal....for Dembele at Barcelona instead.

In all seriousness, would love Dembele as Sancho isnt going to happen, think he is just as good anyway has just struggled a bit at Barcelona

sparx99

That’s a lot of money Barcelona are paying essentially, however they know that they’ve got to be up there when Messi steps down, surely they’ve seen what happened to us, Messi to them is as important as SAF was to us, and of the same type of a difference maker.

Neymar and Griezmann will do well for them, De Jong will too.
That’s a frightening attack, they’re going to walk the treble, regardless of their defense and manager.

Busquets
De Jong

Neymar
Messi
Griezmann

Suarez

Good luck to anyone who comes up against that, they’ll need it.
Wouldn't you think they bought Griezemann to take over from Suarez. Personally, I see them lining up as below if they sign Neymar.

Busquets
Arthur
De Jong

Messi
Griezemann
Neymar

Then they have Rakitic and Suarez as veteran presence and options off the bench.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Seems a curious deal for such a supposedly budgeting club.
They're desperate for defensive reinforcements now, not in 12 months. Currently they're starting Mustafi as first choice (assuming they can't work anything out with Koscielny).

WensleyMU

Neymar isnt worth £90million... let alone the additional players.

He wasnt worth the fee PSG paid, hes done nothing at all to justify it either. Winning the French league title does not count.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Saliba has only played 16 first team games for St Etienne. Is he any good? Seems like quite a risk with such few games to scout him.
Very Highly rated it seems. Actually its a good deal for them. They pay very less this year and rest can be paid in installments. A highly rated prospect is now in their ranks.

Status
Not open for further replies.