Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackeyC

You'd think theyd find some way to make it work. Atletico managed to get a loan to spend £125m on a teenager when they havent got a pot to piss in.
Given Arsenal are run in a financially sound manner this is a case of Athletico being willing to accept higher risk making them a poor benchmark imo.

NJM78

Well Ole has already indicated that he'll be replaced. The permanent doom and gloom merchants are just as bad.
Lets see shall we and if you are right I will apologise for me and my fellow doom and gloom merchants.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We're all getting excited at Rom going, only for Ed to not reinvest it and feck us all over.
Yep, we'll be celebrating on the other side of our ass when Rashy/Martial are either injured or out of form for months.

adamwest

Don't want ben yedder, would rather dybala. Other than that it'd be great. Strengthened overall.
Do you honestly think Dybala would want to come here right now? I mean I’d prefer Aguero, Kante etc. Manchester is a hard sell in the current climate regardless - but in our state we can’t attract the top tier. It’s a hard pill to swallow for a lot of our supporters clearly. No offence intended

RedNed77

Ya let’s not sign players and just sell everyone. Since 6th place was such a wonderful achievement.
We have a bloated squad. Fergie used to keep 4 strikers at one point, but if your playing the formation we do currently we don't need 4 for one spot. We have Rashford & Martial, with Greenwood as backup, with other options such as playing Sanchez as a false 9. Another striker would be preferable to me, but its not essential.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You know what would be ultimate trolling? If no one voted for Fridge Chutney at the awards, just ignored him completely. All that trolling for nothing.

jackal&hyde

Some quotes

I'm in complete agreement with you, let's hope we pull our finger out and get 2-3 players in by the end of window. Although, at the moment I have very little faith in Woodward.
This would be amazing. We would finally be able to play 4-3-3 and have someone else in there capable of contributing assists and goals so we don't have to depend on Pogba at every turn.

pacifictheme

Do you honestly think Dybala would want to come here right now? I mean I’d prefer Aguero, Kante etc. Manchester is a hard sell in the current climate regardless - but in our state we can’t attract the top tier. It’s a hard pill to swallow for a lot of our supporters clearly. No offence intended
None taken. We've been linked with both equally (pretty much feck all) so why not mention it? But why bring up two players who aren't for sale and we've not been linked with? I don't disagree that we're not in great shape but why cheapen your point by posting nonsense?

In any case ben yedder seems like a nothing signing to me. If we're going to get someone in who will limit greenwoods first team opportunities, lets get someone in whos really fecking good.

cyberman

You are talking absolute nonsense.

So just to clarify once and for all:

Topic of discussion: Analysing the correlation between on the pitch performances and future revenue in football.

Cyberman's well-thought out, articulate argument: "We have a huge fan base, that is it. There's nothing more to be said".

Ok great, thanks. Glad it's all cleared up now and I can get on with my day.

Not once have you taken a look down from your position of arrogance to even consider and discuss the potential of a dwindling worldwide fan base due to future unsuccess, how other Premier League clubs are closing the gap on us financially, the more money we would receive from sponsors if we were the best football club or how the future generation will more likely be attracted to rival Premier League clubs if we continue to miss out on Champions League football, but that's fine I guess.
Explain to me why City have dominated English football get have to inflate deals with owners family for the big bucks. Or how nothing mid table sides from England dominate the top 20 rich list without a trophy to their name.
There is nothing that backs up your argument.
Our last six years have been horrendous yet our finances have soared to new heights, matching and even outstripping 4 CL winners in 5 Madrid.
Let me guess, six whole bastarding years doesnt matter where our revenue stream does nothing but grow, its the next 6 years where you can pontificate with nonsense is the real acid test.
Then it'll be the six years after that.
English finances are doing nothing but soar. Soon shirt sponsorships will be negligible as ticket receipts.
That's enough of derailing the thread, ill see you in 6 years.

RedNed77

Given Arsenal are run in a financially sound manner this is a case of Athletico being willing to accept higher risk making them a poor benchmark imo.
One mans financially sound is another mans parsimony. The club is crying out for investment. Is Pepe the man? For me and from the admittedly very little i've seen of him, no, but I suppose we'll see. I just think Zaha is the better bet for them in the Premier League which is where their focus should be.

yamo123x

Terrible window so far for us. Sick.of the daily media driven hot air, i really expected us to quickly get players in and give them time to bed in pre season but it seems the club feel we dont need an overhaul...

adamwest

None taken. We've been linked with both equally (pretty much feck all) so why not mention it? But why bring up two players who aren't for sale and we've not been linked with? I don't disagree that we're not in great shape but why cheapen your point by posting nonsense?

In any case ben yedder seems like a nothing signing to me. If we're going to get someone in who will limit greenwoods first team opportunities, lets get someone in whos really fecking good.
Haha reading my post back i didn’t quite communicate my point properly and it was a bit daft. I was merely stating fantastical options and those were two that sprung to mind. Fact of the matter is we aren’t a desirable option right now, unless we offer insane money. We know how that works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.