Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox outside the box

Holy feck. 9 PL games and a serious injury and these guys are worth 50 mill now?
You're confusing the difference between what he is 'worth' and what Newcastle want for him in order to force them to sell.

Rewind 12 months and imagine Madrid come knocking for Greenwood. From our perspective, we likely would have wanted insane money. That doesn't mean he's 'worth' that, it's just a crazy number we may put up to push them away. Or they bid the crazy number and it's worth the risk of selling.

I imagine that's how Newcastle feel. They don't seem to want to sell the player seems to respect their wishes and whilst he might want a move, he isn't about to piss on them and force one. So we pay what Newcastle want or they don't sell him. From the sounds of things, they would prefer the latter but would settle for the former if push came to shove.

None of that means he is 'worth' the figure. Football players aren't cars, they don't have a set value, it's arbitrary and the between the selling club wanting to get what they want and the buying club wanting to pay what they want, they reach an agreement. It's why two players of fairly similar talent levels can go for different amounts. Newcastle aren't bless with midfielders, even more so homegrown midfiekrs. They clearly have high hopes for the lad and we seem to feel similar. They shouldn't have to sell for less than they want, just like we shouldn't have to if Madrid or Barca come calling.

Fox outside the box

Instead of resorting to personal insults let's actually discuss what you disagree with. Anything?
It wasn't an insult, don't be so precious. A person can say something ridiculous and be called out on it without it being a personal attack.

We don't need several signings to challenge for top 6, that's hyperbole at it's best. We achieved that despite having an utter abortion of a season, probably the most toxic, media fuelled disaster of a campaign I've known us to have. If we signed no one, I'd still be confident of us finishing in the top 6. Despite the atrocity that was last year, we finished almost double figures in points ahead of those behind us. We're better than we showed last season even without signings. If we didn't sign anyone, we may still fall short of top 4 but top 6? Without 3 or 4 more signings on top of AWB and James? Do you genuinely not think you were being over the top?

To put it into context, Chelsea have a manager with no Premier league experience, a transfer ban and just lost their best player. What on earth would you be saying if we were in their position?

IrishRedDevil

I'm already bored of that 'here we go' patter and there's still a month left of the transfer window.
We can’t have it all our own way. 3 years ago, those tweets used to say ‘‘Here we go, Pogba to Man Utd’’ and millions of us would blow our load.

stevoc

Brown is more informed about United than most of the people who comment on us. Last summer he said that Mourinho would be gone by January due to his poor relationships with the squad and Woodward. I posted that he had said this and the responses were that it was a load of crap and a ridiculous thing to say etc. Mourinho was sacked December 18.
My Liverpool supporting mate predicted that last summer too, he's also got other things right in the past. But much like Phil Brown for everything he's got right he gets about 10 things wrong.

They're both bullshitters.

Plus predicting Mourinho would leave in his third year at a club, thats a stick your neck on the line prediction that one. Come on is that really being held up as proof the guy knows anything.

Lee565

I hope this is pure made up bs, we could have signed tielemans for 35-40 million and we let fellaini go for 10 million but are happy signing the Serbian version of fellaini for 90 million euros, if this goes through the club has absolutely lost it.

buckooo1978

Villa gonna win the league? :p
ha! will be interesting what happens with them.

Fulham spent big last Summer, think they tried to improve on many of the players who got them promoted and it backfired badly.....

think the Villa squad is light and they had to make additions....looking at who they've signed though there arent too many with PL experience and lots on unknown quantities

could be a disaster

Gasolin

So I was just checking our squad list(there's a limit of 25 person registered) and we currently stand at 25(if we include tuanzebe). That means we can't sign a player without selling a player.

So if we sign Maguire then it means Darmian has to leave or Tuanzebe will leave on loan.

What de Brun is saying is probably true that we won't sign Bruno without selling Pogba but for completely different reasons(unless we magically get rid of Rojo and Darmian)
25? Are you sure the 25 include he youngsters? Didn’t realize our team was that complete.

Reynoldo

ha! will be interesting what happens with them.

Fulham spent big last Summer, think they tried to improve on many of the players who got them promoted and it backfired badly.....

think the Villa squad is light and they had to make additions....looking at who they've signed though there arent too many with PL experience and lots on unknown quantities

could be a disaster
Very true, Fulham started signing players for fun and they never seemed to settle after or figure out their best team.

Generally speaking it’s not a good thing to sign so many players but each situation is unique so it’s not black and white. Depends how they try to integrate them all really.

hobbers

So I was just checking our squad list(there's a limit of 25 person registered) and we currently stand at 25(if we include tuanzebe). That means we can't sign a player without selling a player.

So if we sign Maguire then it means Darmian has to leave or Tuanzebe will leave on loan.

What de Brun is saying is probably true that we won't sign Bruno without selling Pogba but for completely different reasons(unless we magically get rid of Rojo and Darmian)
21 and under players aren't include on the 25 player limit.

As far as I know we have 23/25 players over the age of 21. And two of those are Joel Pereira and CBJ, neither of whom will be included as both are almost certainly going to be loaned out or sold.

stevoc

I hope this is pure made up bs, we could have signed tielemans for 35-40 million and we let fellaini go for 10 million but are happy signing the Serbian version of fellaini for 90 million euros, if this goes through the club has absolutely lost it.
That was a cracking deal to be fair.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
There was quite a few who said we were definitely getting a DoF at the time and dismissed what he was saying because he is who he is.
Fair enough. Like I said, I have no opinion on him really. Don't really know enough to have one. I started thinking about different sorts of DoF back then, was taken in by the Woodward briefing. But many on here weren't. We all should have known that it was just a way to pacify the fans.

Alexit

I keep hearing us linked to this Longstaff chap. (Must avoid the urge to make fellatio jokes with a name like that!)

What do you all make of him in terms of being useful for United?

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We've been seeing the same two tweets regarding Longstaff for ages now - Newcastle want 50 million/don't want to sell and United are preparing a new offer. Very strange 'saga'.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
21 and under players aren't include on the 25 player limit.

As far as I know we have 23/25 players over the age of 21. And two of those are Joel Pereira and CBJ, neither of whom will be included as both are almost certainly going to be loaned out or sold.
We have 25 players who should be registered and last year list didn't include Joel Pereira and IIRC CBJ too.

Herrera, Fellaini, Valencia left from the list. Added AWB, Daniel James. This season Rashford wont be counted as U21 and Tuanzebe is back too. So we have 25 players who should be registered, including Tuanzebe.

Status
Not open for further replies.