Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why are they getting rid of him. If they didn't want him, why did they buy him? And why is he going to Zenit? surely he can do better than that.
I just don't get Barca's transfer strategy unless their strategy is to sign first and figure out small details like why was the player bought, where to play him etc later
Maybe trying to get some more pocket money to fund this obscene chase for the most overrated player on planet Earth.

Cantona in disguise

‘Worst run big club in the world’.
I know this was tongue in cheek. They have a great side and they've just won the champions league but surely they should be looking to strengthen while their stock is high.

Seems daft to me that they haven't made at least one big name or strong signing to fit their set up. Hopefully it comes back to bite them in the long run.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another RW who's a huge upgrade on our current options... Gone.
So we should have signed Malcom?

Because he’s a better winger than Mata or because we should sign Malcom. From Barcelona’s bench who has just joined the Russian league?

Josep Dowling

This is where Barcelona annoy me. Roma had him and would have played him. For no reason Barcelona outbid Roma, got the player and never used him all season. That was going to happen considering their options up front. Now after one season they have sold him on for a profit!

Last edited:

FujiVice

So random.

Imagine the reaction on here if we end up giving them Lukaku and we end up with Mandzukic instead of Dybala :lol:
Mandzukic is like when you go into a shop and grab six cans and decided while you're there you'll treat yourself to a Whisper Gold. I doubt he's got anything to do with the Lukaku/Dybala deal.

RedNed77

“I respect homosexuals, but I do not want those people in the locker room.

I would not leave a team for that, because I respect a homosexual equal to a black, a fat or a dwarf, but if possible I prefer not to have gays in my life” Ivan Rakitic

No thanks

CosmoKramer

Supports
FC Barcelona
Regarding Malcom, it was rumoured last year that Valverde wanted Willian as starter/back-up for both winger spots but the fee Chelsea was asking for was too much. Bartomeu and the board then decided to turn their attention to Malcom as he already had a fee of 36m agreed between Bordeaux and Roma, so 5m more and he was ours. I suppose that the age, fee and resell value all contributed to us getting him ahead of Willian. Valverde hasn't really warmed up to Malcom though, despite him having decent games against the likes of Inter and Real Madrid, mainly because he wanted Willian and Willian only apparently.

Anyway, the fact that we are chasing Neymar like the idiots we are means that we have to let Malcom go. There were also reports of Everton bidding around 40m pounds for him(add-ons included) but Zenit offered him 6m net/year and he chose them. I can see him tearing it up in Russia and moving back to one of the top 5 leagues in the future. He is still 22 years old has plenty room of improvement.

Reactions: van der star

Josep Dowling

Probably Leicester want to sign the replacement first so they can save a few bucks
I'm surprised the amount of faith fans still have in the United board. Our recent history will show we go for unobtainable players for months and let available players negotiate with other clubs. Then we realise we can't get the unobtainable players, the available players have gone to other clubs. We are left with panic buying or keeping faith in a squad of players that have proved time and time again they aren't good enough.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
“I respect homosexuals, but I do not want those people in the locker room.

I would not leave a team for that, because I respect a homosexual equal to a black, a fat or a dwarf, but if possible I prefer not to have gays in my life” Ivan Rakitic

No thanks
Did he get punished for any of this?

KristianMackle

I'm starting to become a little more cautious when I hear these reports. I'm taking everything with a grain of salt until final confirmation from both clubs. Otherwise, premature jubilation can really mess you up in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.