Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Same story all over again with every big name linked with us.
"Sarri told me that he has big plans for me", "Juve is my family", "We never wanted to sell Dybala. He is our future", etc....
That's what you've got from the Dybala links over the last 24 hours? Bit of a negative view. :wenger: Padulla who is close to Sarri has even said that Sarri is going to tell Dybala that he's not a part of his plans. Relax.

VanGaalyTime

I can see something stupid like we get Dybala but fail to buy a defender. Why aren't we looking at alternatives to Maguire? So many brilliant options. For the price of Maguire we could buy at least two defenders.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I can see something stupid like we get Dybala but fail to buy a defender. Why aren't we looking at alternatives to Maguire? So many brilliant options. For the price of Maguire we could buy at least two defenders.
Why would we look at alternatives? Maguire is done.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
it is a good transfer for Everton IMO. They have done some great business this summer
His stats do not suggest he is the replacement though, which is strange. But I have heard decent things about him - never seen him play.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
@SilentWitness - fears allayed!

edit: looking at his stats, he looks nothing fecking like Gueye :wenger:
I know absolutely nothing about him so not sure what to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if instead of purchasing a player like Gueye who will dominate defensive stats we purchase a midfielder that is an athletic box-to-box style that gives energy to the midfield and can get stuck in. I did notice that whoscored said that he's played in CB at times though so looks like he is a CDM by trade.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I know absolutely nothing about him so not sure what to expect. I wouldn't be surprised if instead of purchasing a player like Gueye who will dominate defensive stats we purchase a midfielder that is an athletic box-to-box style that gives energy to the midfield and can get stuck in. I did notice that whoscored said that he's played in CB at times though so looks like he is a CDM by trade.
Yeah, he doesn't seem like a destroyer from the tackles/interceptions stand point. Almost half that of Gueye in each department, but yeah you are probably correct.

AJ10

What a decision to sign for barca and now will play for Zenit after 1 season.

Sanche7

agreement for Malcom to Zenit. €40m + 5m add-ons, 5 year contract.
Why are they getting rid of him. If they didn't want him, why did they buy him? And why is he going to Zenit? surely he can do better than that.
I just don't get Barca's transfer strategy unless their strategy is to sign first and figure out small details like why was the player bought, where to play him etc later

Status
Not open for further replies.