Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesperjaap

Doesn't Italy have a decent crop of young midfielders about? This would be a well received transfer here on the Caf.
Well Barella looks really good and not seen anything bar youtube, youth internationals and reports but Tonali also looks a huge prospect.

Serie A has been piss poor for some time now bar Juventus, which is sad to see really with how magical it was in the days of Van Basten and all the way through its time on Channel Four.....but there are a lot of good players in the league just looking at Italians there is Donarumma, Romagnoli and the full back whose name I have forgotten at Milan, the likes of Koulibaily and Insigne at Napoli, then quite a few foreign defenders get mentioned often on here.
Chelsea made a lot of really good signings from Serie A and think its a league we should be plundering too....sad to think as far as I am aware since Dennis Law our Italian transfers have been Taibi and Darmian

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Well Barella looks really good and not seen anything bar youtube, youth internationals and reports but Tonali also looks a huge prospect.

Serie A has been piss poor for some time now bar Juventus, which is sad to see really with how magical it was in the days of Van Basten and all the way through its time on Channel Four.....but there are a lot of good players in the league just looking at Italians there is Donarumma, Romagnoli and the full back whose name I have forgotten at Milan, the likes of Koulibaily and Insigne at Napoli, then quite a few foreign defenders get mentioned often on here.
Chelsea made a lot of really good signings from Serie A and think its a league we should be plundering too....sad to think as far as I am aware since Dennis Law our Italian transfers have been Taibi and Darmian
Veron?

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Di Marzio says Lozano is one of Napoli's top targets for their attack this summer and have already discussed a potential deal with Raiola, though they face some tough competition for his signature.

jesperjaap

Di Marzio says Lozano is one of Napoli's top targets for their attack this summer and have already discussed a potential deal with Raiola, though they face some tough competition for his signature.
Meh he is with Raiola too???

jesperjaap

Isco would be brilliant for us. His touch and technique is beautiful to watch.
I agree on the second sentence but can you see him in a 4-3-3 for us if we are looking to play at a high tempo and direct play of old. Think he is a great player too, just not sure where he fits in with us

jesperjaap

:) He was brilliant in Serie A and to be fair did well after leaving Chelsea. Didnt understand the signing at all at the time though as much as it was an exciting one when we already had Scholes, was Keane looked more likely to be needing long term replacement (and turned out not so long term). I remember at the time I was dying for us to sign Edgar Davids instead....a bit like Sanchez when we signed DiMaria.
Barella isnt as good as any of those players.....but more impoortantly he is exactly what we need.....and thats even before the possible departures of Herrera and Pogba

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I agree on the second sentence but can you see him in a 4-3-3 for us if we are looking to play at a high tempo and direct play of old. Think he is a great player too, just not sure where he fits in with us
I don't think he fits into the team Ole wants to put together. But Isco's ball retention and composure is seriously lacking in our current team bar the exception of one player.

jesperjaap

I don't think he fits into the team Ole wants to put together. But Isco's ball retention and composure is seriously lacking in our current team bar the exception of one player.
Yes, would agree on all of those statements

prateik

Any news of a double transfer from Portugal always reminds me of Nani-Anderson.. what a day that was.. 2007. out of nowhere .

ArjenIsM3

Nothing in there about who are competing for his signature but I imagine we're in the mix. Though I'm not sure he's good enough. This year he was good for half a season then completely fell off a cliff. Before that I thought he'd be brilliant for us.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I simply can't get hyped about Italian players anymore. When was the last time there was a decent Italian footballer in the Premier League? Zola?
I wouldn't judge to much on nationality, how many good Eqyptians were there in the premier league before Salah!

NJM78

Nothing in there about who are competing for his signature but I imagine we're in the mix. Though I'm not sure he's good enough. This year he was good for half a season then completely fell off a cliff. Before that I thought he'd be brilliant for us.
I'd take him over any player we have in his position. Don't think Sancho will be interested in us to be honest.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Didnt Steve Bruce call him the most unprofessional player ever or something like that!

crossy1686

career ending
Heard the figure 'north of £40m' being banded around the other day and if that's the case, no thanks. But if he's available under £30m, he's a very versatile and mobile midfielder, something we haven't got. On top of that, he's taken to the PL extremely well with Leicester.

onemanarmy

Heard the figure 'north of £40m' being banded around the other day and if that's the case, no thanks. But if he's available under £30m, he's a very versatile and mobile midfielder, something we haven't got. On top of that, he's taken to the PL extremely well with Leicester.
< 30m for a 21 year old international, who has been in excellent form in the PL? Never gonna happen imo. If I was his agent, I'd advise him to stay at Leicester for couple of years, and see what happens. He's still very young.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We
We signed Fred for 50!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Happy to sign players like Barella but definitely need an injection of instant quality and experience somewhere. Probably centre back.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yes please. Would love to bring him in, he's still got huge potential and despite being around for a long time already, hes still really young. A big part of the reason why Leicester have been really good since Rodgers took over.

United_We_Stand

"...Given Pochettino also wants to add an attacking player to his squad, Tottenham’s summer spend could easily push towards the £100m mark, particularly if the likes of Christian Eriksen, Kieran Trippier and Toby Alderweireld leave, but sources currently rate it unlikely that Spurs will make more than two or three significant signings..."

Sanche7

Should AS / Marca be considered good sources? They often sound like fanfiction, Madrid is doing this, Madrid is doing that, everyone is signing for Madrid, players are dying to play for Madrid, Hazard is signing his contract now and what not.

Silas

Should AS / Marca be considered good sources? They often sound like fanfiction, Madrid is doing this, Madrid is doing that, everyone is signing for Madrid, players are dying to play for Madrid, Hazard is signing his contract now and what not.
I usually take their stories with a grain of salt, but what they're saying is hardly surprising.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Barella has 1 goal and 2 assist in 31 Seria A games this season. He's supposed to be quite attacking and creative too.

Is that really how far we have sunk?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
"...Given Pochettino also wants to add an attacking player to his squad, Tottenham’s summer spend could easily push towards the £100m mark, particularly if the likes of Christian Eriksen, Kieran Trippier and Toby Alderweireld leave, but sources currently rate it unlikely that Spurs will make more than two or three significant signings..."
£100m seems way too low if Eriksen leaves. You'd figure that Levy would be wanting to sell Eriksen for that amount, even with one year left on his contract. There are quite a few areas they need to strengthen in especially if the named players leave - RB, CB, CM, creative midfielder, backup striker... Son could step in but think they'd need another attacking player regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.