Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ducker did just call the Rooney situation before anyone last night.

Hopefully he's on a roll right now.

£60m is being floated around. That would be a decent price.
He's called a lot of things right. Was the first to report on Spurs being interested in Fernandes back in June.

MUFC OK

I think he is most likely true, doesn't take a journo to work that one out, the writing is on the wall, we ain't linked with anyone, no one else is leaving, theres even doubts of lukaku leaving before thursday. I don't even have faith we can do quick deals anymore.
An educated guess then. Still guesswork.

Thepinhead

How on earth are we planning on convincing Spurs that they should sell us one of their best players days before end of the window?
Because they will spend the money on someone who might end up being just as good but a few years younger and won't leave on a free next year

Infra-red

I hate it when we try and sign a player and the other clubs replacement is the better signing. Still don't understand why we're not after Fernandes when we already want half the current Tottenham squad.

We'll want Fernandes in 2 seasons.
It's possible that we just don't rate him. His brother-in-law agent has been shopping him all over Europe all summer and so far hasn't got a bite (apart from Spurs, apparently). Maybe he isn't that good?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Because they will spend the money on someone who might end up being just as good but a few years younger and won't leave on a free next year
We’re cutting it a bit close though aren’t we? 2 days left and all that.

fergosaurus

Ducker did just call the Rooney situation before anyone last night.

Hopefully he's on a roll right now.

£60m is being floated around. That would be a decent price.
He called that we dropped out of the Dybala deal first too. Eriksen for that price would be good business but I can't see Levy sanctioning that after the way the Alderweireld situation played out.

Thepinhead

We’re cutting it a bit close though aren’t we? 2 days left and all that.
True. I don't know what will happen to be honest. I just know that we have too many players now so if we bring more in we are going to have to sell some if want to make room for Gomes Chong and Greenwood

Mainoldo

He called that we dropped out of the Dybala deal first too. Eriksen for that price would be good business but I can't see Levy sanctioning that after the way the Alderweireld situation played out.
Was that ever true though? By the sounds of it Spurs need the money.

$inner_88

He called that we dropped out of the Dybala deal first too. Eriksen for that price would be good business but I can't see it after the way the Alderweireld situation played out.

Yeah same. Some of my Spurs supporting mates don't seem to be bothered on him leaving if they bring in a replacement also.

Maybe he's had his day already and we're going to end up with someone on the downward slope on big wages.

I doubt it will happen though.

fergosaurus

Was that ever true though? By the sounds of it Spurs need the money.
Not sure how concrete our interest was but it seemed genuine.

Yeah same. Some of my Spurs supporting mates don't seem to be bothered on him leaving if they bring in a replacement also.

Maybe he's had his day already and we're going to end up with someone on the downward slope on big wages.

My step-dad's a Spurs fan and he's become frustrated with him. I've always rated him myself but I've also heard other people who watch him more regularly say the same. With United beggars can't be choosers though, he would improve us massively IMO.

GJNJ

Players do become a bit shitter when they won't sign a new contract and want to leave, in the eyes of football fans.

C'est Moi Cantona

Hang on, I'm struggling mentally with this, we've known all summer that we need midfielders, yet here we are going for some opportunitisic signing that has about a 0.2 % chance of happening at the last minute.

Surely we have other targets, other irons in the fire? I mean we have to have.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I could do what 99% of these journalists/correspondents do:

"There is a feeling that United may be in the market for one more player"
It is believed that the midfield is their priority area. There are still question marks over Pogba's future as European window doesnt close for another 2 weeks, meaning he could still move to real Madrid. It is thought united would look to bring in 2 players if Pogba was to leave. They're thought to be interested in Eriksen but Daniel Levy would rather sell abroad and use funds to sign Fernandes. Looks to be no way back for Lukaku with Inter expected to make an improved bid"..

that's very good pseudo journalism is that

MUFC OK

'Exploring the possibility'. NAILED ON.
I've always liked exploring. What comes after exploring the possibility? Making steps towards/considering a bid/putting together a bid Remind me of the order, its all a bit confusing?These journo's are so hard to keep up with with their superior intellect and immense footballing knowledge.

NinjaFletch

Not that I believe for a second we've any chance of signing Eriksen, but who is Gary Jacob?

Status
Not open for further replies.