g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Our Club's fascination with wanting players that have the great desire to play for the badge is ridiculous. If a player is hesitant or weighs out the risks of leaving to a side that has been for over 6 years- who are we to judge them? Ole, not everyone is a man utd fan!

I would rather a player who sets their aims high and only want to play for the best team, and getting him after a struggle would great. Why? The person we will get is quality.

Dyabala and Erikson are in different career paths to Maguire and Bisakka. The latter won't have any reservations as they trying to get a leg up in the world.

I just hope we don't just have running merchants who 'play for the badge',a while top class players choosing clubs who are more likely to win trophies.
Ole wasn't a United fan, most of our past players weren't. Somebody at our club does not have the charm to make players sign, only manage some by waving money at them.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Of course he’s comfortable— he’s a shill and I’ll have no ounce of sympathy once he falls on his own sword. The man’s counting his lucky starts that he’s actually here.

RedNed77

Our Club's fascination with wanting players that have the great desire to play for the badge is ridiculous. If a player is hesitant or weighs out the risks of leaving to a side that has been for over 6 years- who are we to judge them? Ole, not everyone is a man utd fan!

I would rather a player who sets their aims high and only want to play for the best team, and getting him after a struggle would great. Why? The person we will get is quality.

Dyabala and Erikson are in different career paths to Maguire and Bisakka. The latter won't have any reservations as they trying to get a leg up in the world.

I just hope we don't just have running merchants who 'play for the badge',a while top class players choosing clubs who are more likely to win trophies.
Your argument makes no sense on any level.

NYAS

And considering the time of day it is, you just know the whole Dybala clusterfeck took so much out of him that Ed just woke up this morning and thought “feck it, I can’t do another day and a half of this” and got that pathetic brief out to the journos.

izec

Ole wasn't a United fan, most of our past players weren't. Somebody at our club does not have the charm to make players sign, only manage some by waving money at them.
I agree, we cant sell a project to save our lives. It is money and our name, if that doesnt convince you....

Feed Me

I'm hungry
People accused me of being overly negative earlier in the week but this latest spate of reports proves what I was saying – we have left major amounts of squad surgery until the last minute. Don't know why I'm surprised or disappointed.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Of course he’s comfortable— he’s a shill and I’ll have no ounce of sympathy once he falls on his own sword. The man’s counting his lucky starts that he’s actually here.
He'll get a nice big payout if he is fired. I am starting to believe that he should start integrating the kids, because I fear for them if he does go.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
One of the worst, most reactionary posts in redcafe history.

Last edited:

red_de_pologne

However incompetent we seem to be I still see an improvement - I prefer us to sign well thought out players that fit, even in insufficient numbers and at a slow pace, than panic buy and give out mega contracts to random players.

Godfather

How dare he can't be motivated by throwing money at him! Great job at selling this club and our project to him Ed. Also if Slabhead goes for 80, why not Eriksen, even if he's in his last year. Overpriced? Sure. But that's the state of the market these days.

Nick7

How dare he can't be motivated by throwing money at him! Great job at selling this club and our project to him Ed. Also if Slabhead goes for 80, why not Eriksen, even if he's in his last year. Overpriced? Sure. But that's the state of the market these days.
He doesn’t want to join us. I’m no fan of Woodward, but that ain’t on him.

NJM78

Pay massive wages for average players, then struggle to sell. Oh what a shame, poor Man utd and the problems they face. What the feck did they think would happen when giving out those deals and renewals!?

We bought a CB a year late and a RB seven years late. Happy as I am it wasn't great shrewd business by the club, it was fecking necessary and despite weeks of haggling we basically paid what the selling clubs reportedly wanted in the first place. I feel sorry for our defence and keeper as the way teams carve through us with ease they are going to be very busy again this season.

83 days our window has been open and we are trying to get players who have no interest in joining us unless we pay them ridiculous wages or move OT to Spain. Was Ole's transfer list written on a post it note. Ridiculous.

The club off the pitch is a bit of a joke (bar sponsorship deals) and unfortunately we are not much better on it, no one on here will change my opinion on that, although I'm awaiting the soon to arrive criticism.

If we finish higher than 6th again I will be shocked and then we have another summer to look forward to, trying to sell our project and the Europa league to players all whilst Euro 2020 goes on bang in the middle of the window. Anyway I will save my real rant for 5pm tomorrow :lol:

Jimmy_Bond

Something will happen between now and tomorrow and you'll all be hands on cock again.

The Dybala thing is very strange. It's very clear that Spurs can't pay him half of what United can, so it reeks of planted story in order to try and trigger something else.

Possibly his agent trying to get United to succumb and pay the extortionate fees he's asking.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Mitten does my bonce, always with negative news :-(
He has very good United contacts despite what people seem to want to believe. He's a good honest freelance journalist who loves United. If he says he's spoken to people and this is what they told him then that's good enough for me.

People tend to reject information which doesn't fit with their perceived or desired reality and welcome in anything which supports their views - even if it's from a completely unreliable source.

We're all guilty of this as it's human nature. In psychology we call it confirmation bias.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Rojo and Sanchez were obviously terrible decisions at the time but we must have given Darmian even more ridiculous money 4 years ago if we still can't shift him, probably holding out for a free transfer now.
Of course he wasn't. Everybody was gassed at the time and thought he was going to be immense at United. Arsenal fans were gutted. He was still a quality player when he came to United.

And I don't know why people keep going on about how much wages we are paying him. He replaced around £200K or whatever we were paying Mkhitaryan and we didn't have to fork out £50-60m that we would have done for a player of his calibre. So at the time, it was still a good deal.

Godfather

He doesn’t want to join us. I’m no fan of Woodward, but that ain’t on him.
So he keeps chasing players that don't want us and instead of looking to get players that actually do he leaves our gaping holes in the squad. Fernandes by all accounts looks like he would have been thrilled to play for us plus he had a quality season and would instantly improve our squad. Why not chase him?
I'd say this whole mess is very much on him and our board.

Litch

Can't wait for the window to close, it's getting ridiculous the shite that the media is coming out with, nothing based on anything remotely factual.

Woodzy

Look like our window will probably fizzle out from here. Really disappointing and barring a miracle, time for Ed to go. Too many summers like this one.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
We’ve finally fixed our defence, spent more than anyone else in the window & yet people are STILL p****d off

Everyone knew the club wont be rebuilt in one window.

Everyone was excited when we signed AWB/Maguire & because we’re finally taking a stand and not signing players for the sake of it and closing down talks of players who don’t want to be here and somehow it’s Eds fault?! Jesus wept.

If we had LVG/Mou I reckon we’d have signed Dybala, who may have turned out to be disruptive and another Di Maria because he only came here for the money, if reports are to believed Ole wanting Sanchez out, just proves alongside stopping talks with players who don’t want to he here. Just highlights that we’re getting an identity back. Having players who will play through their skin for the club.

Yet because we’re not signing 4,5,6 players instead of 3 there’s a meltdown?!?!

A HUGE proportion of fans here are entitled & spoiled. I’ve said it time and time again but it’s clear as day.

Yes, it’s annoying Ed hasn’t got a DoF in. But if he had pulled off some amazing deals no one would care because the players came in. But because it looks like there’s no one else coming in, Eds now crap?!

Give me strength!

Friday can’t come soon enough, won’t have to deal with the constant moaning about how poor Ole is, how much of a yes man Ole is, how inept Woodward is & as a result wont have people moaning (like me) about the moaning.

It’s a complete Joke, throwing your toys out the pram because you didn’t get 6 new toys and only got 3. Entitled. Plain and simple.

RedNed77

The scenes if after all that, all we end up with is Mandzukic?? :mad:
Would be worse if we end up with that toothy scouse cnut as well. I'll take Mandzukic and if we can get Longstaff too, I'd consider that an excellent window.

DO. NOT. WANT. COUTINHO.

Godfather

How? We massively improved ourdefencd
Our midfield has gone to shit. We heavily rely on McTominay to explode this year and Pogba to stop sulking. Also if Lukaku leaves we have no proven goalscorers in our team. We pretty much rely on not conceding goals. I can't wait for that kind of football. This window has been shambles.

Status
Not open for further replies.