Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

M4YON

Exactly. A bunch of kids who don't realise how real life football works, and use their rebuilds on Football Manager as a reference as to how things should be done in real life.

Solksjear will have to improve the players. That's what football management is. We need most of Rashford, Martial, Pogba, McTominay, Fred and Matic to perform 20% better than last season. That's the job of the manager. We also need to new signings to be the right ones and to settle in well. Job of the manager. We also need to incorporate and develop the potential of the brilliant young players that we have on the periphery of the first team. That's the job of the manager.

People mock managers like Jose for being chequebook managers, but then they go crazy when the current manager doesn't act the same.

This season there is no excuse for not finishing in the top 4. Then we carry on strengthening next summer. Patience, not hysteria.
Your point would be perfectly valid if we hadn't lost 2 midfielders, have a 3rd who is rapidly declining and our main striker leaving. It's not unreasonable for fans to want our team to be as strong if not stronger than we were last season and with the loss of 2 soon to be 3 players in midfield and attack we look weaker.

Meanwhile our best midfield player wants to play elsewhere... the only positive is our defense has been improved but that won't be noticable if we don't have a solid midfield and were not scoring goals.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It's strange for a club that has such strong yout traditions but I have no faith that we will blood him. If he didn't have a slight frame (even though he is strong!) I think he would be straight in, ala McTominay.
That is why I hope Ole does not get fired.

MUFC OK

Cannot wait for the Glazers out movement this season. It could be in full swing by October.

The failings from them and Woodward simply have to stop, this summer has shown that our name alone isn't enough anymore and the utter negligence of not addressing the gaping hopes in our midfield, RW and attack surely has to be the last straw. we are falling further and further behind.

KristianMackle

People who say we've fixed our defense....really?

Luke Shaw is very suspect and I'm still not sold on Lindelof. He wont win you many aerial duels for a star. Our defense is better on paper and it is absolutely not fixed.

rotherham_red

It's strange for a club that has such strong yout traditions but I have no faith that we will blood him. If he didn't have a slight frame (even though he is strong!) I think he would be straight in, ala McTominay.
That really worries me. He is showing signs of being a really special player.
I think we're taking the slow, gradual approach with him - just like we did with Scholes. Even though he was the most talented and IMO best player from the Class of 92, he came through last (breaking through at 21, as opposed to 17-19 like everyone else). Because of our window and not signing any midfielders, he'll get plenty of games in the EL and Cups and if his form and performances continue, he'll break through to the first team proper by Feb IMO.

We also have to remember, it took Gomes the best part of a year to get up to speed in the U23s when he first moved up, because of his physicality issues, and it'll likely be the same when he steps up in to the first team squad as well. Patience is required from both himself and the club, and tbh it's looking like both parties have it. He's Manc through and through, and loves the club. You just have to look at his social media activity to see it. I have zero worries on him.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I seriously hope this is Ole placing faith on the likes of Gomes and Garner but considering how last season turned out, there is more chance of Lingard or Mata ending up in midfield.

If Ole is really happy with the squad he has at his disposal, then he has to take the blame if we end up with another disappointing season.
I don't think Garner will be anywhere near, but praying Gomes is given the chance his talent demands

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I think we're taking the slow, gradual approach with him - just like we did with Scholes. Even though he was the most talented and IMO best player from the Class of 92, he came through last (breaking through at 21, as opposed to 17-19 like everyone else). Because of our window and not signing any midfielders, he'll get plenty of games in the EL and Cups and if his form and performances continue, he'll break through to the first team proper by Feb IMO.

We also have to remember, it took Gomes the best part of a year to get up to speed in the U23s when he first moved up, because of his physicality issues, and it'll likely be the same when he steps up in to the first team squad as well. Patience is required from both himself and the club, and tbh it's looking like both parties have it. He's Manc through and through, and loves the club. You just have to look at his social media activity to see it. I have zero worries on him.
This makes me feel better tbh. The club's careful approach makes sense but just hoping he stays patient. We need to get that contract sorted.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Why is he lying about Ole being comfortable with no midfielder? Piece of shit.

Gee Male

Jesus theres an amount of hysterical fannies in this thread, pure comedy gold

pacifictheme

Exactly. A bunch of kids who don't realise how real life football works, and use their rebuilds on Football Manager as a reference as to how things should be done in real life.

Solksjear will have to improve the players. That's what football management is. We need most of Rashford, Martial, Pogba, McTominay, Fred and Matic to perform 20% better than last season. That's the job of the manager. We also need to new signings to be the right ones and to settle in well. Job of the manager. We also need to incorporate and develop the potential of the brilliant young players that we have on the periphery of the first team. That's the job of the manager.

People mock managers like Jose for being chequebook managers, but then they go crazy when the current manager doesn't act the same.

This season there is no excuse for not finishing in the top 4. Then we carry on strengthening next summer. Patience, not hysteria.
This football manager crap has to end. Such nonsense.

TheReligion

Abusive

Luke Shaw is very suspect and I'm still not sold on Lindelof. He wont win you many aerial duels for a star. Our defense is better on paper and it is absolutely not fixed.
Didn't Lindelof have the highest percentage ariel duel win rate at one point last season during our run under Ole?

fergosaurus

Harry Maguire had the highest success rate in aerial duels in the league last season so Lindelof doesn't need to be great in that area. I think our defense is very solid from a defensive standpoint but would like our full backs to do more when attacking.

AJ10

Ole is a puppet, that was a requirement for him to get the job. The guy is quiet and happy to be here, he wont kick up a fuss
So he should do a jose and throw everyone under the bus?

No manager gets everything they want, does that mean they should embarrass their club in the media? Not every manager is disrespectful towards their club.

What a load of crap you've posted.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Ole is a puppet, that was a requirement for him to get the job. The guy is quiet and happy to be here, he wont kick up a fuss
Just because he doesn't make his feelings known in the media? Ole is like SAF, he likes to keep club business behind close doors and won't tell the media he's not happy with the lack of signings. It doesn't make him a puppet ffs.

DomesticTadpole

Think his contract is up next summer, that is what's worrying people. He could sign a pre-contract elsewhere in January.

Alabaster Codify7

Happy with the squad, yeah right :lol: He was slating everyone but when Ed told him to shut up, he is now happy with everyone.
Yep, pure Yes Man by the looks of things. He'll be gone by January.

Wonder who the other targets are? Because Dybala and Fernandes look dead in the water.

There are none mate, accept it. Eriksen came about as a last-ditch possibility, we are not talking to anyone with less than 24hrs left and genuinely expecting to make a deal. It's face-saving from Woodward and co to appease the fans.

We’ve quite simply not done enough and we could very well have a worse season than last year.

Our midfield is worse than last year; our attack, when Lukaku is sold, is also worse. Our defence is much better. The best we can expect is to finish 6th again, but more likely we'll be finishing lower.

Of course he’s comfortable— he’s a shill and I’ll have no ounce of sympathy once he falls on his own sword. The man’s counting his lucky starts that he’s actually here.

Gone by January. I can see the wheels falling off quite quickly.

sparx99

This football manager crap has to end. Such nonsense.
Spurs signed nobody for 18 months and ‘improved’ last season. League form was a bit too up and down but CL final was progress for them.

It’s like people think players don’t improve ever. It’s also worth saying a lot of our squad we’re at the World Cup a long time last summer. Lingard, Rashford, Lukaku etc were all gassed at various times of the season.

We should improve just by Ole having had a pre-season and because we seemingly have a first choice defence now. It’s the first time in a long time that we know the back 5 before a ball is kicked. If we can keep that group fit then it could go a long way to making us successful.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
United have had little encouragement on Eriksen. Discussions not going forward at this stage. United believe he wants to go to Spain. Talks about other targets continuing but possibility there will be no new arrivals before deadline. Solskjaer comfortable with that scenario.
Solskjaer needs to stop sharing his thoughts about how comfortable he’s with every setback who’s coming in his way. He don’t do himself any favors with this over positive approach about everything and anything. Supporters and media aren’t stupid and blind. How about saying nothing.

As things stands today with no more transfers we’re in a dangerous position and will probably struggle to finish in top six. Our only playmaker is unhappy. Our best goal scorer from last season is in Belgium and refuse to train with us. We have lost two quality midfielders and Matic is on his last leg. Except Valencia all our deadwood is still with us. How is it even possible to end up like this?

I’m extremely happy that we solved our defensive problems with Maguire and AWB and Dan James is a exiting young talent but let’s be real, our midfield and attacking options are so limited that one single major injury on one of our key players and the season is over.

Just asking.

Who’s going to score all the 70plus goals that is needed to improve from last season?

Who’s going to create all the chances that’s needed for us to score simple goals except Pogba?

Why playing with a two man midfield when we’re so short of quality and options? FFS, why?

Why even think to include Matic, Pereira and Mata in a starting line up when we all see that they are not good enough if we aspire to finish in top four?

I have no sympathy at all for those who’re involved in this mess. Zero.

Jimmy_Bond

Your point would be perfectly valid if we hadn't lost 2 midfielders, have a 3rd who is rapidly declining and our main striker leaving. It's not unreasonable for fans to want our team to be as strong if not stronger than we were last season and with the loss of 2 soon to be 3 players in midfield and attack we look weaker.

Meanwhile our best midfield player wants to play elsewhere... the only positive is our defense has been improved but that won't be noticable if we don't have a solid midfield and were not scoring goals.
If we can't develop the young players to be as good as people like Herrera and Fellaini then close the academy. I'd rather we gave time to people like Gomes and Pereira and let them develop and reach their potential than sign direct replacements for those two.

Granted an AM would be nice, but the right one. If we can't get the AM we want to play there for the next 5 years, then wait.

Likewise with RW. I haven't seen any decent RW go this summer? Pepe had had one good season aged 24 in France. Sancho won't come. Bale is always injured. Chiesa would be great but no sign of anyone going for him. Suspect he will spend his career in Italy.

We need to get in the top 4 and make next summer "Operation Sancho," rather than spunking money away now and make that transfer difficult next summer.

It's called "having a project." They take 3-5 years, the same as City, the same as Liverpool, the same as Juventus.

DomesticTadpole

Solskjaer needs to stop sharing his thoughts about how comfortable he’s with every setback who’s coming in his way. He don’t do himself any favors with this over positive approach about everything and anything. Supporters and media aren’t stupid and blind. How about saying nothing.

As things stands today with no more transfers we’re in a dangerous position and will probably struggle to finish in top six. Our only playmaker is unhappy. Our best goal scorer from last season is in Belgium and refuse to train with us. We have lost two quality midfielders and Matic is on his last leg. Except Valencia all our deadwood is still with us. How is it even possible to end up like this?

I’m extremely happy that we solved our defensive problems with Maguire and AWB and Dan James is a exiting young talent but let’s be real, our midfield and attacking options are so limited that one single major injury on one of our key players and the season is over.

Just asking.

Who’s going to score all the 70plus goals that is needed to improve from last season?

Who’s going to create all the chances that’s needed for us to score simple goals except Pogba?

Why playing with a two man midfield when we’re so short of quality and options? FFS, why?

Why even think to include Matic, Pereira and Mata in a starting line up when we all see that they are not good enough if we aspire to finish in top four?

I know he wants to keep morale up in the squad, but it is making the wasters complacent as they will feel safe. Keep them on their toes, you should always be looking to improve a squad and apart from defence we aren't.

NJM78

We’ve finally fixed our defence, spent more than anyone else in the window & yet people are STILL p****d off

Everyone knew the club wont be rebuilt in one window.

Everyone was excited when we signed AWB/Maguire & because we’re finally taking a stand and not signing players for the sake of it and closing down talks of players who don’t want to be here and somehow it’s Eds fault?! Jesus wept.

If we had LVG/Mou I reckon we’d have signed Dybala, who may have turned out to be disruptive and another Di Maria because he only came here for the money, if reports are to believed Ole wanting Sanchez out, just proves alongside stopping talks with players who don’t want to he here. Just highlights that we’re getting an identity back. Having players who will play through their skin for the club.

Yet because we’re not signing 4,5,6 players instead of 3 there’s a meltdown?!?!

A HUGE proportion of fans here are entitled & spoiled. I’ve said it time and time again but it’s clear as day.

Yes, it’s annoying Ed hasn’t got a DoF in. But if he had pulled off some amazing deals no one would care because the players came in. But because it looks like there’s no one else coming in, Eds now crap?!

Give me strength!

Friday can’t come soon enough, won’t have to deal with the constant moaning about how poor Ole is, how much of a yes man Ole is, how inept Woodward is & as a result wont have people moaning (like me) about the moaning.

It’s a complete Joke, throwing your toys out the pram because you didn’t get 6 new toys and only got 3. Entitled. Plain and simple.

We sold Fellaini and let Herrera go on a free. We are also trying to offload Lukaku, who doesn't even turn up for training with us. So that is two midfielders gone and a forward leaving. Also our best player has made it clear he wants a new challenge.
We signed a LW with potential and two good defenders which is obviously the big plus point of the window. However we create and score the least of the top 6 and we have made no improvements in this area. Is this sound planning going into another season where our direct rivals bar Chelsea have all strengthened?

We cant shift players, not due to time frame but because we give them high wages and then price them out of moves. This again is poor and an obvious outcome to such decisions.

I never thought Dybala or Eriksen were at all realistic but surely we should have had a lot of other targets. Is it just the club taking it's time with the rebuild or are all the targets we want not interested in joining us?
Next summer will be even more difficult if we fail again to get CL and have a major summer tournament to contend with.

Fans can go overboard with moaning just as they can with praise but the consensus by the majority on here (from what I read) is certainly not happiness. Let's just hope the youth get a fair amount of games and we do not stick to the tried and tested players who show no signs of improving like Matic, Mata and Lingard. The thought of seeing the youth is the only thing I'm looking forward to this season, let's hope Ole has the guts to play and persevere with them.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I love how people have these inside scoops as if they're actually in direct contact with United personnel. :lol:

Seriously??

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Why? This is exactly how he operated when he came into this job? Full of praise for everyone, how the squad is brimming with quality, how there is a great spirit among the boys. All positivity disappeared once we went on a downward spiral, Ole wasn't able to arrest that and right on cue he delivered big ballsy talk of how 'this is last of many of the players' post Everton. All of them are still here.

Ole knows how he lucked out landing this job permanently, he's not going to rock the boat by citing unhappiness with the board. I mean he's toed the line pretty perfectly about how 'the market is difficult', 'I'm happy with the squad'. This will all go down the shitter once his neck is on the line.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Just asking.

This line about him being happy with the squad could've came from anyone. Nobody is happy about this summer's lack of signings but Ole's going to try and get the best out of this squad which includes some very talented young players now. Getting the best out of the squad means not bad mouthing the club for not getting all the players he wanted to the media and knocking the confidence of the players before we even start the season like Jose did last summer. Ole learned from SAF that it's best to keep club business behind closed doors and commit to improve the players you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.