Transfer Tweets - 2019/20 | Check the OP for blacklisted sources before posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

peridigm

Presumably also means that he will be looking to get rid of players who do not work hard/cannot put the miles in. Might have seen the last of Martial, Sanchez, Pogba, Lukaku.
Sanchez needs to go but he should not be blamed for work rate. Not sure what his numbers are on ground covered but my perspective watching matches was not the same as the others you mentioned. Yeah, they all need to go imho.

NJM78

Well I'm all for hard working players but would prefer if they were also very talented players. There shouldn't be a disparity in both or are we the only club who cannot find a player with both attributes!?
Lingard gets praise for being a hard worker but he pretty much embodies the average state of our squad. Rashy and McT are also hard workers but nowhere near the quality of top players. Youngy, Jonah and Smalling also give it their all.
Yes 'lazy' players can go for all I care but hard working and being the best type of person shouldn't be a priority unless we just want to be a hardworking team of nice guys that tries it's best and gives it it's all but wins nowt.

IrishMcD

Umtiti should be avoided at all cost, cracking defender on his day but will end up like Bailly/Jones in terms of rarely being fit. His knees are fecked, unfortunately for him. Hope we don't take help Barca by taking him off their hands.

Craig Ward

The club's back up plan to Sancho is an inconsistent 21 year old with a grand total of Zero PL minutes? Well, we are truly fecked.
We could easily add someone like Pepe for 50 mill Euros or something.

But I can understand the problem here. We really really want Sancho, who is going to cost 100 mill plus, we will try to buy him, if not this year then next year. So there's not much sense in buying another player to be RW by paying 50-60 mill just to be backup when we already have Lingard as a possible RW backup. But selling Sanchez and Mata and just signing James will be asking for trouble. Maybe there is truth in those Dybala rumors
The club's back up plan to Sancho is an inconsistent 21 year old with a grand total of Zero PL minutes? Well, we are truly fecked.
We could easily add someone like Pepe for 50 mill Euros or something.

Huh? Cos the 23yr old Pepe with NO pl minutes for 3/4 times the price is such a sure thing as opposed to the 21yr old with no Pl minutes?

We are fecked from 1 transfer RUMOUR?

Get a grip on reality and give the window a bit of time, its been open for LESS THAN A DAY

Selling Sanchez and Lingard and signing nobody would be an improvement - they are both not needed

gr3yham3

Info # RMCsport : It's the war between Mejbri and AS # Monaco . Procedure open to the legal commission of the LFP! @ ManUtd has made a significant offer to the player and hopes to get it back free.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I hope he's looking for more than that, we aren't Burnley.
Of course we will be looking for more than that.

Hardworking is just one of the 'key attributes' we're looking for, which isn't exactly groundbreaking news.

It's a bit of a nothing article IMO.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
City just going from strength to strength.

I hope he's looking for more than that, we aren't Burnley.
I agree we will need technical ability, but I understand about the hard work aspect. He wants us to have energy to press hard and not be knackered by 60 minutes. He wants them to work from the first minute to the last, which we have not had for years. Too many want to stroll through games.

Dolf

"Price will adjust to current market." :lol:
Easy journalism. Pogba is available for 25 million euros but his price will adjust to current market.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
City will just pay his release clause (€70m).
Ah didn't realise he had one (which in itself is stupid on my behalf as pretty much all players in La Liga have one). Guess Atletico could be a bit fecked next season then

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Wrote just yesterday that I wondered whether we would go back in for Mejbri. Signing him and Cherki if we managed it would be a massive coup by all accounts. They seem to be the two best talents in France by all accounts.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
"Price will adjust to current market." :lol:
Easy journalism. Pogba is available for 25 million euros but his price will adjust to current market.
Price will adjust to.. whoever is trying to buy him

For you Arsenal, my friend we do a deal at €20m

Ahhh my friend, mister United..yes I do you a special deal.. to you my friend €60m

lysglimt

Scout
Where do "timid enquiries" fall in the transfer timeline, before or after preparing a bid?
Its when your sit by the phone pondering if your team is good enough to call his agent...so you end up calling him, breathing heavily and then hanging up!

deafepl

I know it's Ligue 1 but Moussa Dembele have very good ratio minutes per goal in the league. I don't expect him to be the first starter, I think it's more of rotation/squad player.

prateik

Isn't there some deal with the player having to pay the release clause in Spain and if the parent club doesnt want to sell, it can be more expensive than just the release clause if someone wants to buy their player (taxes I guess?)

Or has that changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.